The "Rex ruined Mario Williams" crowd looks pretty silly...

eball

Every good NFL defensive coach has zone blitz packages that require DLinemen to drop into coverage on occasion. Bill Belichick does it. Dick LeBeau is the master of it. Rex's sin wasn't asking Mario to drop into coverage, it was not benching his ass once he started mailing it in.

Mario is gone and that's a good thing. His window is closed. Next.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every good NFL defensive coach has zone blitz packages that require DLinemen to drop into coverage on occasion. Bill Belichick does it. Dick LeBeau is the master of it. Rex's sin wasn't asking Mario to drop into coverage, it was not benching his ass once he started mailing it in.

Mario is gone and that's a good thing. His window is closed. Next.

He should just retire because it's obvious that he has no passion for the game.

That's got to be a bit humiliating when facing your former team. So does he step up? Or does he sink further into obscurity?

I think we have a pretty reliable body of evidence to determine how he will respond to this adversity.

Of course, I could be wrong.

But if I had to wager on it...

Dolphins' Mario Williams a backup as he prepares to face Bills

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/dolphins-mario-williams-a-backup-as-he-prepares-to-face/article_5dfc4a09-1205-53d3-9b5b-866df110380f.html

he signed a $17 million, two-year deal with Miami. I'm sure he is crying ...all the way to the bank.

"Williams said he feels no extra motivation facing his former team, which may elicit snickering from Bills fans who complained he lacked motivation last year."

That's got to be a bit humiliating when facing your former team. So does he step up? Or does he sink further into obscurity?

I feel like Rex might be asking Lynn to be aware of when Mario is in, then pull two guards with a lead FB and try to destroy him

Today proved Mario still can play when motivated. The game should upset Dolphin fans more than make them happy. Mario is a very selfish player. When he feels like it or has a reason to, he plays hard.

He looks a lot better with limited snaps as a part time player.

He looks a lot better with limited snaps as a part time player.

The Miami HC admitted he had Mario in there for far too many plays and teams were mostly running on them. They finally realized that he will do much better as a 3rd down pass rusher.

Also, Mills BLOWS! but saying that a week or two ago would have got one burned in here. We need a RT and hate too say it the RG got ate up today tooth

The right side of that line really stunk it up quite a bit as both Miller and Mills gave up some big plays! That is the difference between a high talent early round pick and a mid-round pick who will never be more than an average player.

Are we acting like MW was a factor in this game?

Far from it. And on a day when our OLine got their asses handed to them routinely, too. A couple of plays doesn't take the stink off his game or his name.