The "Rex ruined Mario Williams" crowd looks pretty silly...

eball

Poor effort and poor results is a bad combination. Throw in poor attitude and a huge cap number and you just have a player who needs to go and will likely be addition by subtraction which he turned out to be. I thought Mario might have been frustrated by Rex Ryan's scheme and then the injuries and regression by other defensive players. So I thought Mario would have a solid season for the Fins in a scheme he is more comfortable with and playing for his next contract. But 1 sack so far through 5 games is proving not to be the case. Maybe Mario finishes strong like he did in 2012 when he racked up some cheapish sacks but I think he is just done with the pro game he got his money both as a top draft pick and with the Bills (Not to mention his 6 million from the Fins this year.)

Schobel sacks? I really liked Aaron's "motor" but I was never convinced that he was as good as advertised. I did feel bad for him when they forced him into playing a 3-4 OLB. It was obvious he was not a fit.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At times with the Jets Dennis Thurman or Mike Pettine would call the plays.

In fact, when Pettine left to go to the Bills, Rex announced he would resume calling plays again.

That may well be true. All I know is if we saw this playcalling last year I know I wouldn't have complained as much or as often.

The sacks alone tells me the current playcalling is like night and day in that Lorenzo Alexander (**who?)is the leading sack leader with 7.0. Last year Jerry Hughes who played in 16 games finished the entire season with only 5.0 sacks all year and we know what a monster the guy is, as he currently leads the NFL in QB pressures with 9 and he already has 4 sacks!! Marcell Dareus who played in 15 games last year only had 2.0 sacks.

Think of this! After only 5 games this year the Bills already have 17 sacks and only had 21 for the entire 2015 season. :blink: At this rate, the Bills should finish in the top 5 in sacks, QB pressures or better and so far it certainly has switched me from bitching to cheering! Night and Day!

**The guy has played in the NFL 6 years for Washington (92 games, 13 starts), 2 years for Arizona (19 games, 3 starts), one year for Oakland (16 games, 0 starts) and in all those years had a total of 9 sacks!

Some horses are still kicking and need to be put down.

have you watch Miami to see how he is actually playing? See his scheme responsibilities? See the defense he is on?

Even of Mario was assigned to get to the qb the releases are pretty damn quick and he can't get there that fast. They have **** for dB's. **** for lbs. The dolfins are running a system similar to wannstadts. Pressure all four have lbs to read and react. Have CBS that keep it outside and safety duo that cleans up. Miamis defense is awful and its not because of Mario Williams. Its because the defense is awful and anyone from JJ watt to Bobby bouche couldn't fix it.

Teams haven't run at Mario, teams haven't even ran outside. They're going up the middle.

Disirregardless. What Mario is doing in Miami is nothing at all with how he did in Buffalo with Rex. Rex could not utilize a pro bowl player. If that's not fact then y'all need to learn your facts again.

Teams haven't run at Mario, teams haven't even ran outside. They're going up the middle.

Disirregardless. What Mario is doing in Miami is nothing at all with how he did in Buffalo with Rex. Rex could not utilize a pro bowl player. If that's not fact then y'all need to learn your facts again.

So you're saying they're running it right up on Suh to avoid Super Mario? M'Kay

Looks like Rex is turning a journeyman into an all-pro, and an old all-pro is being handled one on one by TEs. I wonder why that is?

Looks like Rex is turning a journeyman into an all-pro, and an old all-pro is being handled one on one by TEs. I wonder why that is?

Rex isn't calling the defensive plays this year as Dennis Thurman is! Rex managed to make not one, but three all pro's look bad last year!

I dunno about the rest of the Bills fans out there, but I'm happy the Dolphins defense stinks and one player no matter how good isn't going to make a bad coach or bad scheme look great. Be happy he is gone and the Bills defense is doing well without him. The Dolphins entire team stinks! Their offense 28th in PF, 29th in YDS. Their defense 18th in Points allowed, 28th in yards allowed.

From the looks of things, the Bills should sweep the smelly fish again this year and beat the Jets in the season finale again. :D

the wanstadt d. Send your DL upfield. Have your lbs follow the ball and fill gaps. The DL is over penetrating. Its scheme

McCoy will have a great game against them.

the wanstadt d. Send your DL upfield. Have your lbs follow the ball and fill gaps. The DL is over penetrating. Its scheme

McCoy will have a great game against them.

Sounds like you're describing the Schwartz D

Schwartz had he LB's and burned up Aaron Williams to do this. He spent up alonso and Williams terribly.

Schwartz and wannstadt are not at all similar

Of course they're different. But Miami's D scheme is much closer to Schwartz's than Wanny's.

When does Mario's performance run out of excuses?

have you watch Miami to see how he is actually playing? See his scheme responsibilities? See the defense he is on?

Even of Mario was assigned to get to the qb the releases are pretty damn quick and he can't get there that fast. They have **** for dB's. **** for lbs. The dolfins are running a system similar to wannstadts. Pressure all four have lbs to read and react. Have CBS that keep it outside and safety duo that cleans up. Miamis defense is awful and its not because of Mario Williams. Its because the defense is awful and anyone from JJ watt to Bobby bouche couldn't fix it.

I did watch some of a Miami game a 2-3 weeks ago to see how Mario was doing. Sorry, I don't recall the opponent, I was wanting to see how Mario looked. He looked awful, like last year. Very little push, passion and drive. Maybe 1 out of every five he made some effort to push his blocker and get to the ball.

But as his stats tell you, he wasn't successful. It was noticeable the difference in push when his backup came in and especially when they shuffled Suh into that LDE spot. Suh's putting in the effort, Mario no.

I do fault Rex for not using his talent suitably last year but it goes well beyond that with Mario. He just doesn't want it out there anymore.

Never let facts stop you from having a good rant.

I must say the "beating a dead horse" take and the "are we talking about this again" blast are far more stale than the take itself.

It's code for "I was wrong so lets not talk about this anymore."

You can be sure that if Mario was killing it in Miami the same posters would have a different take

Last year I thought it was just because he is Mario Williams. His reputation required offenses to account for him, but after five more games in a different defense I have no idea why he isn't benched.

IMO, not benching Mario was on Rex's short list of indefensible moves in 2015.

That it's continuing on another team, especially after he left Houston on such a cold note, baffles the mind.

...I looked, and looked, and looked all throughout the Fish/Titans box score and just couldn't find Mario's name (aside from the fact he started the game).

Sacks: 0

Solo Tackles: 0

Assisted Tackles: 0

Yeah, it was Rex's D alright.

Shouldn't it be "Mario ruined Rex' D" ?

Alexander is the sack leader in the NFL and Zack Brown is the tackle leader in the NFL.

If this continues through 2016 it seems like an open and shut case.

Shouldn't it be "Mario ruined Rex' D" ?

Alexander is the sack leader in the NFL and Zack Brown is the tackle leader in the NFL.

If this continues through 2016 it seems like an open and shut case.

Some of us here were roundly ridiculed for suggesting no coach could have success with any scheme so long as our LBs played as lousy as they did in 2015. Welp. There you go.

1. Bills Daily Retweeted Joe Schad

something's never change!

Bills Daily added,

Joe Schad @schadjoe
    Mario Williams has to play HARDER and BETTER according to Miami Dolphins DC Vance Joseph
    0 replies1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
    Lik
    More
Edited by Kemp2Warlick