Time to fire Whaley

You make no sense! Watkins A) is injured. How do you predict that!!! B) is always open and doesn't get many targets.

Where am I copping out? Who is your team? I'll find 3 examples of draft misses from last year alone.

Did you read my post?

mumble mumble mumble

Youve obviously missed the last 16 years.

People do have a right to be frustrated but the solutions are rarely to behave in a reactionary way. I'd say indeed that it is that which has gotten the Bills to this point.

To be clear. Im not saying Whaley should go. Or Rex even though I didnt like the hiring of Rex based on his mediocre record in NY. The season needs to play out. If they go 7-9(as usual) or better I probably bring everyone back for one more year. I like alot of what Whaleys done. But so far its not working. If this season totally goes in the toilet and they finish 5-11 or worse I wouldnt be surprised if they clean house. Whaleys been GM since 2013. Thats enough time to expect some improvement. Back in 2013 I was an advocate for exactly what the Sabres did. Miller and Vanek got traded. They gutted the team and now three years later we have something to be really excited about. Not saying they are cup contenders yet. but the foundation is there. Id like to see the same with the Bills and as of right now I dont see it. Primarily because it still looks like we dont have that MARQUEE QB. You dont need a decade to start turning a franchise around. Edited by TANK2

I disagree with these people who keep wanting fired. Bill Polian always states on his radio show, "ok, who's better". I haven't heard that answer.

Look at his full body of work. Corey Glenn, Kiki was amazing his first year, Darby, Miller, and even Karlos was fantastic last year. Whaleyhas zero to do with injuries. He most likely expects Shaq Lawson will come back healthy and could be a great contributor for years. Ragland''s knee? How about the Hughes trade? For every miss, there are more hits. Washington has looked sharp out there. Whaley didn't hire Rex, the Pegulas and Brandon did that gambling on increased media presence and ticket sales.

If last week was not an anomaly, but a the at will a physical, fast and game plan well, i'm in a wait and see mode. If we keep firing front offices and coaching every couple years, please take a look down the road in Lake Erie, and we should rename ourselves the Browns Light, or the Dolphins.

Look how Cindy stuck with Lewis. You can say they hadn't won a playoff, but have been there for six years straight. I like how Shad Khan recognized, they had a poorly talented team and has given the front office (my St. Francis graduate) Caldwell, and Bradley four years. Caldwell has brought in a lot of talent. They should be performing this year. They are not so to me, at the end of the season, Khan fires Bradley,but keeps Caldwell.

Let it play out guys. This team has nothing to do with the one 7 years ago, 10 years ago, and 16 years ago. There is no correlation. Other than Brandon. When he makes football decisions, that makes no sense. See the 2000's. He has done a masterful job regionalizing the fan base, marketing in an economically depressed area, selling as many boxes as he can itch no Fortune 400 companies in the area. Record setting season tickets for a team with no playoffs in 16 years. The Pegulas screwed up in not letting the GM find his person, because then you can hold him responsible for the results. Remember, Rex reports directly to the Pegulas.

I'm happy to look at the end of the year if a nightmare, and if they have to clean house, then so be it. If they go 9-7, with a much harder schedule, you give Doug and Rex one more year. After three years as the Bills coach, he can't do it, then you've given all parties ample time to improve a team.

Remember guys, we have two hurt QB's in NE. I know how good Belicheck is as a coach, but we just handed it to the Cardinals they went 13-3 last year, and a coach in BA, who took a team 5-11, to a playoff team in one year and another two.

If we win tomorrow, we have the Rams, 49ers, and Fins. We could conceivably be 5-2. Nothing's a given, we really have to win these three to have a chance. After that we have tough, tough sledding with NE, Cincy, and Seattle, and eventually Pittsburgh when they typically get hot.

Don't give up guys yet. Stop thinking we're dead man walking. In about four weeks we'll know.

This is Whaley's 7th year in the Bills front office. His first three years he was the assistant GM. This season is his fourth as GM.

The Bills record during his six plus years with the team is 40-59. Almost 20 games under .500. Not good.

The Bills record with him serving as GM is

24-27. Mediocre.

You cannot argue that the Bills have not had consistency in the front office during Whaley's tenure. They've had time to implement a 5 year plan, or multiple three year plans. And yet the record is mediocre, if not outright bad.

This season is it for Whaley. The team he's built over the last seven years needs to start winning to save his job.

Or build and execute a plan? A lot of great organizations have started over every 2 years...

This is the stupidest thread since the last one that looks like it. I'm getting close to signing off this board Mrags style. I used to like talking football here. Now it's just ridiculous, overreactions with no solutions. This place is at a low point and it's stupid threads like this that put us there.

Amen

This guy is a joke for GM and his moves or lack of them are franchise killers, drafting a player with a #1 pick (Shaq) that was damaged goods before the draft. Drafting EJ and then throwing away picks to get Sammy in a draft that was loaded with WR talent. Hey Sammy may be a great player someday but we could have really used those picks and still got ourselves a very good WR.

The depth at WR even before Sammy was injured was just not good enough . Was it not Whaley who said EJ had the "it" factor?

The guy needs to shown the door and bring in someone with experience who clearly understands that you need a QB to win in this league. Is anyone happy with the contract he handed Taylor after just one decent season? but hey Rex said we won the offseason with all of Whaley's great moves.

When it comes to drafting Shaq, maybe the Bills got a player who was top ten talent once he's healthy. Maybe the injury is the reason he fell to the Bills. if he goes on and becomes a great player, then the short time he missed now will look like genius on the part of Whaley. I'm trying to take a positive view of that draft.

What?

You can't blame a GM for drafting a player they deemed a special player and when he isn't a special player he still doesn't get blamed? So when does he get held accountable? Never?

Your unbelievable.

Sammy Watkins is a special talent. There is no doubt about that. He just needs to get healthy.

Don't mix up Whaley not being held accountable with Whaley not being held accountable to your standards and temper tantrum.

Whose responsibility is it for announcing, and also the timing of the announcement, the inactives for each week? The only reason I can come up with on why the Bills announced Sammy yesterday vs waiting till tomorrow is because they felt they would lose out on Justin Hunter. IDK.......I am grasping for air here.

Just an utter shame how the franchise has taken a big step back since T Peg cut the check.

HUH? Before he "cut the check" I would bet that you were on the Ralph is cheap bandwagon and they have hardly "taken a step back".

The point here is not if Sammy is talented, there were many other WR'S available. I am not blaming him for Sammy's health issues but this team was not set at QB and he goes all in for WR in a drafted that was loaded with WR talent. Now this year our first round pick was damaged goods before even being drafted.

And a healthy Sammy would beat out most of those other WR's. Something tells me half of those talented WR's wouldn't be the same player in our QB situation, and you'd be bashing them too saying "there were so many great WR's in this draft and we got this one". The whining commences regardless and that's what people are sick of.

I'm sorry, but how can you blame Whaley for Sammy's injury? When healthy, SW was clearly one of the most talented WR's in the league. Imagine if he had Brady or Brees throwing to him...

It was a good pick.

It was a HORRIBLE draft day move and trade to get him, and should be a contributing factor in his ultimate release.

What?

You can't blame a GM for drafting a player they deemed a special player and when he isn't a special player he still doesn't get blamed? So when does he get held accountable? Never?

Your unbelievable.

Yeah, I know what he meant, but worded poorly.

You make no sense! Watkins A) is injured. How do you predict that!!! B) is always open and doesn't get many targets.

Where am I copping out? Who is your team? I'll find 3 examples of draft misses from last year alone.

Sammy was a healthy as could be through College I have read.

No reason to expect he would be much different.

And no, the GM is not responsible for the bottom line.

Who the heck does not see the roster improvement over the last couple years !

How quickly Fans forget how bad it was before Nix..

Like anyone, he has room for improvement. Hopefully experience is a teacher.

btw his pro Scouting is A+

Watkins was clearly the class of that draft. Go back and look at the draft coverage. Julio Jones comparisons, etc. Nobody had grades like he did that year. You can argue who is better now but I loved that we were getting a premier WR and injuries happen man. Nobody knew OBJ and Landry would be studs. Maybe Evans but he didn't have Sammy's speed or pedigree.

That's thw purpose of a scouting department, the know more than what's talkes about on ESPN

Or build and execute a plan? A lot of great organizations have started over every 2 years...

This is the stupidest thread since the last one that looks like it. I'm getting close to signing off this board Mrags style. I used to like talking football here. Now it's just ridiculous, overreactions with no solutions. This place is at a low point and it's stupid threads like this that put us there.

I'm with you. This board is getting downright unreadable, there are so many failure boners around here that I"m afraid I'll get poked in the eye.

You CANNOT blame a GM for drafting what they determined a special player....you really can not

Drafts are crap shoots....they felt they had a chance at a generational player (and he still might be)

If this is true Id like to submit my name for consideration as the bills next gm. Ill take half the pay. My draft strategy will be simple. Go out and purchase the ten most popular draft publications. Tear out the pages in each that have all the player rankings. Throw all the names into a hat (after Ive had my secretary cut all the pages up so each piece has the name of a single player). Buy seven hats. Label the hats rounds one through seven. Place the names in each hat based on their median rankings of all the publications. Draw a name in the applicable round from the applicable hat each time we pick. I should be NFL executive of the year within three years by my projections.

If this is true Id like to submit my name for consideration as the bills next gm. Ill take half the pay. My draft strategy will be simple. Go out and purchase the ten most popular draft publications. Tear out the pages in each that have all the player rankings. Throw all the names into a hat (after Ive had my secretary cut all the pages up so each piece has the name of a single player). Buy seven hats. Label the hats rounds one through seven. Place the names in each hat based on their median rankings of all the publications. Draw a name in the applicable round from the applicable hat each time we pick. I should be NFL executive of the year within three years by my projections.

The problem with this is on Watkins Whaley's evaluation was correct. The injury problem could not possibly have been foreseen.

What?

Your unbelievable.

It is not the TALENT that is in question here....he is having injury issues which you cannot predict

and your NEVER believable

Please do submit that application.....