Time to fire Whaley

Gronk fell to the 2nd round because he had a back problem. We don't have him because we didn't draft a player with a pre-existing injury...

We drafted a guy who was probably our favorite pass rusher on the board. At 19... Thats pretty solid value.

Then in the 2nd we get a guy who we projected as a starter, and leader in our defense.

And in the 3rd we added a quality rotation end for a 3-4.

Before the injuries - we had the BEST DRAFT EVER. Now people are injured and its fire Whaley.

Edited by dneveu

The difference here.....health

Last year in the 2nd half of the season Tyrod and Watkins outperformed ALL of these guys

Do you know how ridiculous that statement would be if you said it to anything other than a forum full of Bills fans?

What if I cherry picked the 6 best games for ODB and extrapolated?

Yeah, what's up with this guy drafting people that get hurt? The Bills should fire everyone? Who's the guy that put together the New Era deal? What about the person that decided on the Ralph statue? Why is the team store so big? What about the jerk that named the fieldhouse after Ad Pro? If I were the Pegulas I would just walk around and fire people because the team is only 1-2. We definitely need to hold everyone accountable.

Kirby and its Russ's fault and the Pegula's can't own the Sabres and Bills without the team moving to Canada by 2020! :lol:

Gronk fell to the 2nd round because he had a back problem. We don't have him because we didn't draft a player with a pre-existing injury...

We drafted a guy who was probably our favorite pass rusher on the board. At 19... Thats pretty solid value.

Then in the 2nd we get a guy who we projected as a starter, and leader in our defense.

And in the 3rd we added a quality rotation end for a 3-4.

Before the injuries - we had the BEST DRAFT EVER. Now people are injured and its fire Whaley.

The best draft ever? Before the injuries? Shaq's injury occured two years ago according to him.

Ever find it amazing that in each round the biggest need is also the best player on the board. That must be so convienent for Doug and company. I can't fathom why all these moves aren't amounting to squat.

Watkins was clearly the class of that draft. Go back and look at the draft coverage. Julio Jones comparisons, etc. Nobody had grades like he did that year. You can argue who is better now but I loved that we were getting a premier WR and injuries happen man. Nobody knew OBJ and Landry would be studs. Maybe Evans but he didn't have Sammy's speed or pedigree.

Watkins was clearly the class of that draft. Go back and look at the draft coverage. Julio Jones comparisons, etc. Nobody had grades like he did that year. You can argue who is better now but I loved that we were getting a premier WR and injuries happen man. Nobody knew OBJ and Landry would be studs. Maybe Evans but he didn't have Sammy's speed or pedigree.

Don't try to talk truth here with the lynch mob root.

He was projected to be the best play maker from that draft, no doubt about it. The draft also was WR heavy and that was no secret. Where the mistake was made was when you over invest in any singular player you run a high risk. Injuries are unpredictable and happen to any player regardless of talent. Rule of thumb is to avoid over investing in any non QB, QB's have a greater impact and are protected by the rule changes.

The safe bet would have been to take one of the talented guys like Evans, Beckham, Robinson etc etc... but Whaley was blinded by that "Ferrari". When a Ferrari is broke it is the same speed as a broken Fiero.

The point here is not if Sammy is talented, there were many other WR'S available. I am not blaming him for Sammy's health issues but this team was not set at QB and he goes all in for WR in a drafted that was loaded with WR talent. Now this year our first round pick was damaged goods before even being drafted.

The point here is not if Sammy is talented, there were many other WR'S available. I am not blaming him for Sammy's health issues but this team was not set at QB and he goes all in for WR in a drafted that was loaded with WR talent. Now this year our first round pick was damaged goods before even being drafted.

You CANNOT blame a GM for drafting what they determined a special player....you really can not

Drafts are crap shoots....they felt they had a chance at a generational player (and he still might be)

I honestly would take most of you....armed with websites and a few draft magazines, over our GMs during this playoff sahara drought.

Not sure how much of that is hyperbole, but I could almost go with that......until Whaley. Our problem is not lack of talent. We have some gaps and thin spots, like all teams, but Whaley has built a nice roster. (I hope i did that in a way that won't send this redundant thread into an even more redundant direction.)

Edited by Augie

This guy is a joke for GM and his moves or lack of them are franchise killers, drafting a player with a #1 pick (Shaq) that was damaged goods before the draft. Drafting EJ and then throwing away picks to get Sammy in a draft that was loaded with WR talent. Hey Sammy may be a great player someday but we could have really used those picks and still got ourselves a very good WR.

The depth at WR even before Sammy was injured was just not good enough . Was it not Whaley who said EJ had the "it" factor?

The guy needs to shown the door and bring in someone with experience who clearly understands that you need a QB to win in this league. Is anyone happy with the contract he handed Taylor after just one decent season? but hey Rex said we won the offseason with all of Whaley's great moves.

You're amazing analysis has me spellbound.