Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

I thought he broke it at the end of last season. Played through lt and when the season ended tried resting it. When that didn't work he had the surgery.

False. He hurt it in the off season, on his most recent trip to Disney World. His daughter on his shoulders, the klutz strepped into a pot hole...

Imo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They absolutely will.

And, they'll absolutely tag him the next year if they can't resign him. The only way Sammy doesn't get a second contract from Buffalo is if Whaley is fired. From an optics standpoint alone, Whaley has to resign Sammy.

A new GM may choose to move on, but it won't be due to concerns about Sammy's talent not being worth the asking price.

I would want that new GM fired immediately, Watkins will heal and be an elite WR for close to a decade.

Julio, Aj Green, Dez have all been though injuries and no one cares because they are back out there killing it.

The Bills should really think about dumping him while other teams still think he's worth something.

So much wrong going around, prisoners of the moment forget so fast

He's not even a super fan at this point- it's bordering on a parody of one lol

He billieves! I gotta give it up for him because the man roots for Dez Lewis, Derek Hagan, and Greg Little. Edited by Ryan L Billz

I thought he broke it at the end of last season. Played through lt and when the season ended tried resting it. When that didn't work he had the surgery.

No it was definitely the off season but I never heard what happened. Maybe it was a pure accident but it sure is hurting the Bills bad.

Woods, Sammy and Tyrod all gone next year. Rebuild ahead.

Imo

They do not need to rebuild...they were never built to begin with. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Had surgery and had a screw put in it...

check out this picture of what it looks like...

that LOOKS like it would hurt really bad

8apjonespost.jpg

Ronnie Lott would have amputated the toe in the preseason :D .

I'm flattered that I'm the "stats guy". I'm happy not to cherry pick: Sammy lead the NFL in yards/target for the entire 2015 season. No big deal though, right?

Why can't he do what through the whole year? Produce pro bowl numbers? Um, he did.

He had what amounted to a nearly statistically identical season to Amari Cooper in 3 fewer games (with 35 fewer targets)...Cooper made the pro bowl by the way.

How many wins did it translate to? Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know wins and losses were a WR stat. Since that's the case, who's the better WR: Sammy or Odell Beckham, Jr? Sammy by a significant margin, right? Or is that a total BS argument?

Solid post and much appreciated

Which was the worse pick. Maybin or Sammy?

Tough choice.

Imo

Sammy's a first-round talent oft-injured on a bad team. Maybin was camp-fodder talent, always healthy, on a bad team, who couldn't see the field on the worst defense in the league.

It's not even remotely a touch choice. Sammy is Chris Carter with a gimpy leg. Maybin was Shante Carver with Guillen-Barre Syndrome.

Sammy's a first-round talent oft-injured on a bad team. Maybin was camp-fodder talent, always healthy, on a bad team, who couldn't see the field on the worst defense in the league.

It's not even remotely a touch choice. Sammy is Chris Carter with a gimpy leg. Maybin was Shante Carver with Guillen-Barre Syndrome.

To be fair though Aarons acrylic landscape paintings put Sammy's too shame.

I still find it odd that I saw Sammy playing pickup hoops at LA Fitness the night before players reported to camp...

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but I feel like there's something more to this...

Edited by RalphOP83

Why does it matter? He's incredibly talented but the flashes are not enough. And at this point in their careers ODB is lapping him. Bad comparison.

TgTS that matters. But i get it you just dont like him

How do you evaluate taylor with no WR to throw to?

Same you you did when he had WR to throw to but didnt