Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills try & trade for Romo in the offseason?

• Yes, he would instantly boost the passing game
    • No, he's too injury prone and too old (call Life Alert!)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romo is a great golfer and engaging personality. . He should call it a career in the NFL and proceed with his life in golf, tv analysis, and family.

I enjoy Romo more golfing at Tahoe than sitting on the bench in Jerry-ville.

Gotta love the quick reaction part of NFL season. After 3 games, Prescott is a clear franchise qb. DCs never make adjustments as they get more film on Qbs.

And Romo will never play for another team. He's probably done at this point anyways. And to give up any assets for a 36 year old with back issues is beyond dumb.

The Bills have made their bed for this year and are going to lie in it. It's TT -- EJ -- Cardale. They are willing to spend the year letting TT show what he's got. Next year will be without EJ so there's room for an addition. If TT isn't cutting it, probably he'll be released or traded since they can't afford two premium-cost QBs.

If Romo comes back and looks completely healed and strong, and Dallas wants to move to Prescott, Romo might be OK. But trading for him means accepting his contract, which means no TT.

So, there are too many questions right now to answer the question.

Speaking of the Saints and their defensive woes, did anyone here Collinsworth say that Byrd continues to be a liability in the open field after he got juked by Freeman?? Dude was a much better player in Buffalo it seems for whatever reason.

Byrd was better in Buffalo but no where near as good as we made him out to be. It was often contentious when trying to point that out.

it never ceases to amaze me how the posters here dont want a seasoned vet who is old but miles better than our continuing merry go round of project qbs. I remember the same type of poll 5 years ago when carson palmer wanted out of cincy. Everyone here said no, that he sucked and was washed up. I know he sucked sun but hes 5 years older now and has thrown for thousands more yards and probably a 50 more tds in 5 years then our qbs have combined.

I also remember our best seasons in 16 years being the seasons with other old washed up qbs and actually going 9-7 instead of 7-9 like we do every year with draft pick qbs. The only 2 winning seasons in 16 years were lead by Bledsoe and Orton. But we couldnt wait to jettison Bledsoe the next season and trip over ourselves to replace him with the great JP Losman, then Edwards the Courageous . Jeesh.

I would love to have romo until we get lucky drafting some qb in the late rounds that comes in and actually plays like a real QB.

edit I see ryan l billz agrees with this so now Im thinking my whole point may be wrong.

Edited by re enlightener

it never ceases to amaze me how the posters here dont want a seasoned vet who is old but miles better than our continuing merry go round of project qbs. I remember the same type of poll 5 years ago when carson palmer wanted out of cincy. Everyone here said no, that he sucked and was washed up. I know he sucked sun but hes 5 years older now and has thrown for thousands more yards and probably a 50 more tds in 5 years then our qbs have combined.

I also remember our best seasons in 16 years being the seasons with other old washed up qbs and actually going 9-7 instead of 7-9 like we do every year with draft pick qbs. The only 2 winning seasons in 16 years were lead by Bledsoe and Orton. But we couldnt wait to jettison Bledsoe the next season and trip over ourselves to replace him with the great JP Losman, then Edwards the Courageous . Jeesh.

I would love to have romo until we get lucky drafting some qb in the late rounds that comes in and actually plays like a real QB.

edit I see ryan l billz agrees with this so now Im thinking my whole point may be wrong.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: