....and Charles Clay?

cage

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no complaints with Charles Clay. I think he is a great team first player. He cannot help it if (for whatever reason) we continue to have trouble throwing over the middle/throwing him the ball.

I also like the fact that Clay is not a diva. He has no problem doing the dirty work and has not had his agent or anyone else make demands that the Bills throw him the ball X number of times a game whether he is open or not.

Our offense and qb aren't built to utilize the TE very much. Not sure why. Having a good TE as part of your attack seems like a sensible approach, and we see a handful of other teams where the TE is winning them games, but I've given up on the "we need to get Charles Clay and Sammy involved more" stuff.

After yesterday watching us roll a playoff team that has a top defense without half of our normal receivers or starting LT was eye opening.

What we need to go is block and tackle well, give Tyrod time, continue to be unpredictable on defense. Powell, Woods, maybe Goodwin and Salas, Oleary-- I don't care anymore. Give TT a pocket and the ability to change plays whenever he sees fit and we will start being favored in these games more often than not.

They were all over him. I was at game and when he went out for routes they had blanket coverage on him. One of the few plays where he was one on one was the O'Leary catch. Other than that it was not there.

And on that one - looked like they completely forgot about o'leary. TT did a nice job on that one, and looked off someone else to find O'leary.