Texans v the Hated Hated Patriots Game Thread

Jauronimo

Can't wait to hear John Murphy tell us how we are still in it on Monday after a 31-9 beat down at the hands of the Cards.

cant listen to him..just unbearable for me. People say they hate Shoop, Murph has that same reaction fro me

i know this is totally not appropriate for the day....but something tells me this pats team is peaking too soon....even without brady.....and the latter part of this season we are gonna be talking about a entirely different team.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I thought Osweiler played better than Jaqueline Bissette. But there was no comparison between the intensity of the two teams and his flat and sloppy the Texans looked. The obvious coaching difference aside (I have never thought bill O'Brien was a good HC going back to his penn state days). His big game coaching especially is atrocious.... When a team has a backup QB going they know they need to rise up at ever other position and be perfect to win. That is what the Pats did, especially on defense. I think their D knew it was on them and took ownership and it showed. Houston showed up and looked like unprepared despite being more talented at virtually every position. At least they didn't wear those stupid varsity jackets this time.

these two go together no? I was texting a bunch of my Pats fans buddies last night...asking them if we see a letdown when Tommy and Nickovich come backb

I do think the whole "wait till you see what Brady does when pissed" we have already seen in these first three games...and it was the whole team having Brady's back. I think there will be a natural letdown after the Cleveland game for them...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt there a issue with assist coaches leaving the pats and not doing that great?

I personally thought it was a good idea to poach from successful teams and always have but.....

That to me is the same argument as the Bills being bad in 2003 effecting their play this year. Every team and everyone has to be judged on their own merit.

I am watching Josh McDaniels (again) just shred good defenses with his game plan. They have played without Brady and Gronk and have already beaten Arizona and Houston. McDaniels will be the hottest name on the market this year (maybe followed by Patricia) and someone is going to give him a boatload of money. He will flourish as a HC in his next stint IMO.

That to me is the same argument as the Bills being bad in 2003 effecting their play this year. Every team and everyone has to be judged on their own merit.

I am watching Josh McDaniels (again) just shred good defenses with his game plan. They have played without Brady and Gronk and have already beaten Arizona and Houston. McDaniels will be the hottest name on the market this year (maybe followed by Patricia) and someone is going to give him a boatload of money. He will flourish as a HC in his next stint IMO.

There is a maturity and intelligence to the way the Pats run their operation. Just a snippet to illustrate my point:. At the end of the first half the Pats had the ball and an opportunity to try to score. The Pats played it cautiously and let the clock run out recognizing that they didn't want to expose the rookie qb and give Houston the ball back at the end of the half. The Pats defense was dominating the Houston offense so there was no need to get greedy and risk the turnover that could have changed the dynamic of the game.

When you watch the Bills play you see a Rex Ryan team that is undisciplined and that takes outlandish penalties because they can't play under control. With a Rex Ryan coach team there is always a lot of talk/commotion/distracting issues that have nothing to do with preparing for the game.

There are two distinct cultures that emanate for the respective head coaches: With Buffalo it is buffoonery and with the Pats it is seriousness. I'll repeat what I have said before: Any gullible organization that would hire Rex Ryan as a head coach forfeits its right to be taken seriously. It's ridiculous and it is embarrassing.

When you watch the Bills play you see a Rex Ryan team that is undisciplined and that takes outlandish penalties because they can't play under control. With a Rex Ryan coach team there is always a lot of talk/commotion/distracting issues that have nothing to do with preparing for the game.

There are two distinct cultures that emanate for the respective head coaches: With Buffalo it is buffoonery and with the Pats it is seriousness. I'll repeat what I have said before: Any gullible organization that would hire Rex Ryan as a head coach forfeits its right to be taken seriously. It's ridiculous and it is embarrassing.

I don't disagree. I've said it for a while, the organizations that are buttoned-up and professional seem to be the one's that excel year after year. Of course, when you look closer... those same organizations have excellent QB's as well.

I don't disagree. I've said it for a while, the organizations that are buttoned-up and professional seem to be the one's that excel year after year. Of course, when you look closer... those same organizations have excellent QB's as well.

I say the best example of that is the Steelers, they rarely have a crappy year and are always in the hunt since the 1970's.

The Pats were playing with their third qb who was a rookie. What sets the Pats apart from all teams is that they are one of the most adaptable teams in the NFL. Their game plans change to the opponents they play and they modify how they play to their changing situations such as injuries and suspensions. The Pats lost draft picks because of the Goodell fiasco. So what do they do to compensate to get them through this year? They sign a number of quality veteran players who fit in on short term deals to get them through this season.

The Pats are a smart and nimble franchise. The Bills are a plodding and unimaginative organization that lacks foresight and an abilty to strategically plan. We are competing with Rex Ryan trying to match wits with Bill B. The outcome is preordained.

Edited by JohnC

Alan Branch is taking a wait and see approach with the Brisket for now, but if he sucks you can expect him to DWI his way to the Broncos.

It turns out interfering with the fair catch is still illegal.

Brisket takes the field in place of injured lesbian and breakfast food enthusiast Janeane Garafalo. Hold on to your dicks!

these are hilarious jokes

sarcasm.

Agreed. There are guts open by 5-10 yards every play

thats gruesome! who was doing the gutting? Did they catch him? I missed all of this.

these are hilarious jokes

sarcasm.

thats gruesome! who was doing the gutting? Did they catch him? I missed all of this.

You want to criticize my efforts and then follow up with that gem? Got any "Not" jokes you'd care to bust out at this juncture? How about some "yo mama" slams while you continue to embarrass yourself?

Apply Preparation H liberally for that butt hurt you're experiencing.

If only they had poached coaches from NE to run their team...

New England coaches are hot, wet garbage anywhere but Foxboro. Matt Patricia is one of the smartest men in football because he gets it.

IMO it's because the corporate intelligence apparatus behind the scenes that BB has built there in Patriotland takes years to build with the right people and you don't have it nor the time to build it when you coach somewhere else.

Personally, I thought Brissett looked AWFUL tonight.... ANY other team in the league loses to the Texans with that kid under center... But... Leave it to the Patriots to give that kid exactly what he needed to pull this off...

That... Would be wonderful.... To think I lived long enough to hear talk of benching Brady in favor of Jimmy G... Too much to hope for.

That's pretty much what I'm hoping for this season.

Jimny G to Brady Brady

Osweiler looked just as confused as TT the last time we played them.

Bellychex destroys half assed Qb's.

Fear.

When Osweiler was playing for the Broncos last season he beat the Pats in a late season game........that was likely the only reason the Broncos had homefield and even reached the SB.

Easy to do that when you trust in the coaching.......Kubiak and Phillips weren't scared and the Broncos were prepared.

Bill O'Brien and the rest of his ex-Patriots were scared and unprepared.

Soon enough for what?

BItching about the bills before they actually lose the game.....loser mentality

Bitching about the Bills before, during and after losses is part of the WNY culture. Hell even when they were winning, as infrequently as that's been, people bitched because they didn't win pretty enough. They've had 22 winning seasons since 1960. I've been here for almost all of them. It's not like we don't get a lot of practice bitching about them losing. If you can't deal with it you are on the wrong board.

Fear.

When Osweiler was playing for the Broncos last season he beat the Pats in a late season game........that was likely the only reason the Broncos had homefield and even reached the SB.

Easy to do that when you trust in the coaching.......Kubiak and Phillips weren't scared and the Broncos were prepared.

They made some calls that went so far beyond dumb, dumb was lost under the horizon. <shakes head>

Fear.

I think former Pats coaches and players are required by blood oath to throw any game played against Belichick.