Texans v the Hated Hated Patriots Game Thread

Jauronimo

Personally, I thought Brissett looked AWFUL tonight.

He wasn't asked to do much. 11 of 19 for 100ish yards, with most of those incompletes being intentional overthrows (better that NO ONE catch it, if your WR can't). The Pats intentionally played a very conservative offensive gameplan to prevent their rookie QB from having a chance to screw up. He successfully played within the scheme that was called for. What more do you expect from a third round rookie starting on a short week?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all of the people in this thread that said "absolutely not" to Josh McDaniels as the next coach? The guy is a genius.

I would love for McDaniels to be the Bills coach. He's excellent with offense. Impressive

I would be ok with him. Prefer Patricia though.

I can't stand Patricia. That stupid backward baseball cap is a joke. He looks like a random slob at Wal Mart. Not HC material. Just running Belichicks D.

**Breaking News: Famous Uggs model Tom Brady will not be playing in tonights matchup for some reason. We have left several voicemails on Tom's phone but he has not responded for comment for some reason.

Tonight's matchup features two undefeated AFC teams, the loathsome New England Patriots* and the Texans of Houston. It should be a defensive struggle as the man who was benched last year in favor of Peyton Manning's corpse takes the field against the Pats 5th string rookie QB. Belichek will sure to be cheating at a very high level tonight as the Pats look to stay unbeaten, but Bill O'Brien knows all about Belichek's dirty tricks as he spent several years in Fawkesboro holding Belichek's coffee.

Did you know Fawkesboro was named after notable English patriot Guy Fawkes? He would be spinning in his grave to find out his namesake is now synonymous with treachery and deception. For shame Patriots*.

More updates to follow*

:lol::lol: :lol:

I despise the Bills organization more and more every time I see the Pats win a game like this

must be nice to be Patriots fans, 17 yrs of awesomeness with no slowing down in the near future.

Such a well coached football team.

Not according to Bellicheck, says they need to a better job. Wonder what Rex would say - hey wer'e F*%^$%%!!*& awesome and we are just going to be better and better, Lets go get a SNACK!!

Yes I know it does suck I have to watch other teams to see well coached football games.

:lol: Dave is just having a bad day B-)

I actually enjoy watching the Patriots because watching greatness transcends divisional rivalries and I wish we were as good as them.

yes. Good chance both leave.

hopefully we get one of them.

Pats bullet points:

-Bill is a fantastic defensive coach

-They got Brady

-They invest heavily in offense, and Brady support staff (both football players and coaches)

-Bill makes lemonade out of the defense when he has too, b/c he can and he supports the offense like a rational coach

-When Brady is out or things are bad, they still have the stable infrastructure of a modern offensive scheme, talented guys familiar with it, and an adjustable defense with a good coach

All of this allows them to game plan to win each week. If they game plan correctly and play well they have a chance every week, no matter what.

We suck.

Well said. If Rex was the Pats coach tonight his game plan would have been to air it to make himself look like a genius.

He wasn't asked to do much. 11 of 19 for 100ish yards, with most of those incompletes being intentional overthrows (better that NO ONE catch it, if your WR can't). The Pats intentionally played a very conservative offensive gameplan to prevent their rookie QB from having a chance to screw up. He successfully played within the scheme that was called for. What more do you expect from a third round rookie starting on a short week?

You don't need to do much at home when the other team fumbles two kickoffs inside the 25. Without those two miscues it's likely a 6-0 game in the 4th quarter.

That said, just hand the g-- d---- Pats*** the f---ing division right now and spare me the rest of an already lost season. I'm sick of watching how a professional, competent organization is run that can withstand playing their 3rd f---ing string QB and shut out a supposed contender.

You don't need to do much at home when the other team fumbles two kickoffs inside the 25. Without those two miscues it's likely a 6-0 game in the 4th quarter.

That said, just hand the g-- d---- Pats*** the f---ing division right now and spare me the rest of an already lost season. I'm sick of watching how a professional, competent organization is run that can withstand playing their 3rd f---ing string QB and shut out a supposed contender.

this.

Don't you know, it's the amazing Belichick system that caused those fumbles.

Yeah, let's hire one of the Pats*** coordinators as HC. While we're at it maybe we can sign Jimmy G or Briskit. Everyone knows that pats*** coordinators and QB's always have such amazing success after they leave the team

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I thought Osweiler played better than Jaqueline Bissette. But there was no comparison between the intensity of the two teams and his flat and sloppy the Texans looked. The obvious coaching difference aside (I have never thought bill O'Brien was a good HC going back to his penn state days). His big game coaching especially is atrocious.... When a team has a backup QB going they know they need to rise up at ever other position and be perfect to win. That is what the Pats did, especially on defense. I think their D knew it was on them and took ownership and it showed. Houston showed up and looked like unprepared despite being more talented at virtually every position. At least they didn't wear those stupid varsity jackets this time.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I would love for McDaniels to be the Bills coach. He's excellent with offense. Impressive

I can't stand Patricia. That stupid backward baseball cap is a joke. He looks like a random slob at Wal Mart. Not HC material. Just running Belichicks D.

Its been his defense since 2010.

Ooo someone has their hat on backwards. Yep good way to not pick a Hc

i know this is totally not appropriate for the day....but something tells me this pats team is peaking too soon....even without brady.....and the latter part of this season we are gonna be talking about a entirely different team.

God bless you JFH. Pats peaking too soon, LOL.