Greg Gabriel - Slams the Bills

Reed83HOF

Thompson has already announced his retirement in GB after the 18 season. Lot's of speculation about who will replace him. Smart money is on Elliott Wolf. I would be all for rolling the dice on young potential.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The owner?

I'd agree. Pegula should get a football guru in here to make all football decisions and stay the hell away.

Your preaching to the choir....especially the bolded part. I know it is his team and he has the right to be involved as he wants, but it is absolutely the worst thing for the organization. It is not a toy...but then again no matter how badly you f*** it up, it will make you wheelbarrows full of money.

Who is going to make him see the light that the more removed he is from football operations, the better off the team will be? My guess is no one.

Without the Pegula's we may of lost the Bills.

My hope is that like any great business people, Terry and Kim will learn and get better.

Dan Snyder is a great businessman, too. So was Ralph Wilson and probably Donald Sterling. There really is no correlation between that and knowing how to run a professional sports team.

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 2m2 minutes ago

Been a Bills fan since their beginning in 1960 (except when they played clubs I worked for) and this is tuff to watch. So undisciplined

Me too. I had the original team picture on my wall as a kid and I remember the AFL championship teams. Watching this version of my favorite team is excrutiating.

Does he want a job? I think we may have a GM position opening up soon.

It wasn't just the hiring of Rex, but the ramifications on the elite defense with a totally different system. That was a championship quality defense that was destroyed with the hire. Also, for some reason, Marrone didn't want to work for Pegula. Maybe he was smarter than we give him credit for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he left because he couldn't work with Whaley?

The Pegulas have their hearts in the right place. I think their wanting-to-win vs. turning-a-profit ratio is at a level that the fans should be very happy with and one that's already higher than many of the owners out there.

Unlike years past, the Bills are in good shape macro-wise. It may take some time but I have faith that they'll get it right eventually.

Does he want a job? I think we may have a GM position opening up soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he left because he couldn't work with Whaley?

the 'narrative' was he wanted more money and power. I tend to think there is more to the fire where the "lifers" vs new guys smoke was

The Pegulas hired sexy Rexy when they had a top-four defense. Terrible decision. They are part of the problem.

Yes they are the source of the problem. But hey they saved the franchise, so they can do whatever they want

It wasn't just the hiring of Rex, but the ramifications on the elite defense with a totally different system. That was a championship quality defense that was destroyed with the hire. Also, for some reason, Marrone didn't want to work for Pegula. Maybe he was smarter than we give him credit for.

not true, Marrone just wanted a contract extension to ensure that he was Peg's guy for a few years. Pegs refused, tipping Marrone off that Pegs was geting his own guy. Marrone properly pulled the ripcord on his golden parachute he (very wisely) put in his contract with the soon-to-be-replaced Ralph W. (RIP). Marrone was the smartest guy in all of this, followed by Rex who charmed his way into a $20+M contract, followed by Whaley, who somehow got to stay when the coaching staff left, followed by Pegs, who pretty much pooped the bed on his first coaching hire.

The Bills played horrid offense in game 1 and horrid defense in game 2. I think the offense appears to be legitimately weak with a poor offensive line and not much in the running game. HOWEVER, it isn't the worse team we have ever had, not even the worst team we have had since our last playoff game. When Dareus and maybe Shaq get into the lineup we should be somewhat better and we have two offensive tackle out of play right not who should get back. No playoffs on the horizon but probably a 7 or 8 win season.

That being said I don't think seven or eight wins are going to be enough to justify keeping either Ryan and probably not enough to keep Whaley.

I understand the "snake bit" by injury excuse, but it always is there and other teams (such as the hated Patriots) seem to overcome the injury bug and suspension bug.

Ryan's game day clock management, use of challenges and timeouts, and tolerance for really stupid penalties are not showing any sign of improvement.

The Bills played horrid offense in game 1 and horrid defense in game 2. I think the offense appears to be legitimately weak with a poor offensive line and not much in the running game. HOWEVER, it isn't the worse team we have ever had, not even the worst team we have had since our last playoff game. When Dareus and maybe Shaq get into the lineup we should be somewhat better and we have two offensive tackle out of play right not who should get back. No playoffs on the horizon but probably a 7 or 8 win season.

That being said I don't think seven or eight wins are going to be enough to justify keeping either Ryan and probably not enough to keep Whaley.

I understand the "snake bit" by injury excuse, but it always is there and other teams (such as the hated Patriots) seem to overcome the injury bug and suspension bug.

Ryan's game day clock management, use of challenges and timeouts, and tolerance for really stupid penalties are not showing any sign of improvement.

If Whaley goes, a New GM may not want Rex as the HC. It is better to dump him now then have him be a lame duck with a GM waiting to drop the ax when things go south. You don't want to eliminate GMs based on if they keep the HC or not. Not this team at this time....

Greg Roman is being made a scapegoat in Buffalo. The offense didn't give up 37 points.

The Bills D hasn't played worth a dam in the last 2 seasons yet the OC gets fired. That's sounds about right. #saveyourass

In the NFL when things go wrong the decision makers start pointing their fingers at subordinates. It's the game of survival and sucks

You do remember Marrone quit right? Head coaches hire their own coordinators, etc. How in the hell you can blame this debacle on the Pegulas is just insane.

I said at the time that Rex was the wrong hire. I said at the time they should have either promoted Schwartz or hired a qualified OC as head coach with the proviso he would keep Schwartz. The defense was not broken, but by hiring Rex it was a foregone conclusion that he would try to "fix" it--and you saw the result Thursday night.

I lay this whole mess at the feet of the Pegulas, for hiring Rex. Whaley did not want to hire him. Yet every yahoo on this board was having orgasms over the Rex hire.

Greg Roman is being made a scapegoat in Buffalo. The offense didn't give up 37 points.

The Bills D hasn't played worth a dam in the last 2 seasons yet the OC gets fired. That's sounds about right. #saveyourass

In the NFL when things go wrong the decision makers start pointing their fingers at subordinates. It's the game of survival and sucks

good stuff.

True, but the offense did suck out loud too.

True, but the offense did suck out loud too.

Yep. The idea that the offense is fine because the team scored 31 points is absurd to anyone who actually watched the game. Zero sustained drives until the last possession, when the Jets DB's were lined up in Lackawana. And that 4th and 1 sequence.... Edited by mannc

Yep. The idea that the offense is fine because the team scored 31 points is absurd to anyone who actually watched the game. Zero sustained drives until the last possession, when the Jets DB's were lined up in Lackawana. And that 4th and 1 sequence....

And the defense gave up huge chunks of yards on 3rd downs to a journeyman QB. Are we really going to argue this? The OC was fired five days into the season by a coach who practices nepotism and is trying to save his own job.

It's a total tire fire. It's Mexican soap opera level drama. It's a joke.

Without the Pegula's we may of lost the Bills.

My hope is that like any great business people, Terry and Kim will learn and get better.

That would have been horrible. Getting out of an abusive decade plus relationship. I have been cognizant and emotionally involved since 1981. I should have quit after they started rob !@#$ing Johnson over flutie