The sky is falling...Bills considering shutting Watkins down

Big Turk

more time doesnt always mean better. its easy to out think yourself, or for the other team to surprise you with looks, or for a player to just not have the day you expected or.....

Or to get out coached because your scheme just wasn't that good to begin with, you made zero adjustments to things you didn't expect, and there was no rhyme or reason to play calls, routes etc.

This article is meaningless crap. Sammy was getting open all day with zero limp. If its hurting him that much it would show up in his cuts, burst etc.

They smartly babied the foot all preseason (and unfortunately most of the team) this is his first real test and its a little sore--what a shocker. DOOOMED.

The kid is in his early twenties, he will be fine.

In 3 days he will be burning Revis again like last year

I saw him limping a few times after plays. It wasn't a huge limp but you could tell he was favoring one side.

And who knows if he'll be on the field in a few days, not sure where you'll pulling that from other than hope beyond hope.

Doomed.

Typical as a bills fan, things go from bad, to worse.

It's up to the individual though. Yes, of course, the Bills are going to be somewhere between terrible and sub par this year, if yesterday is any indication whatsoever. Each of us though can choose to do something else with our time. Sunday afternoons in upstate NY should be treasured, spent outside while the weather holds, not spent in front of a TV watching another half hearted effort by a team mailing it in. I mean, if they couldn't get excited fro the game yesterday, what hope is there for any other game? Thursday night, I think I'll take my son to the range and put some holes in paper.

This season is hilarious already. Seriously though, when is average to slightly below average going to end? Watching the Bills yesterday and then watching a number of other games the stark contract was evident. This team is going nowhere and Sammy being out or at best dealing with this for a prolonged amount of time is the icing on the cake.

Best we can hope for is bottoming out, cleaning house, and starting fresh.

Why did the tank thread get closed? Did the CEO of Reddit take the reigns at TBD?

These idiots don't get another pass. If the Pats can compete without Brady and Gronk, and we can't, it's time to clean house.

That was my feeling watching Sunday night's game. There are the Pats**. No starting QB. Two OL starters and TE out. Star defensive player suspended. Up against a playoff team of last year.

The difference seemed night and day. As I said in another thread, to anyone who doesn't think organization and coaching make a difference, just compare and contrast.

its one game. anyone can compete with anyone randomly for one game.

lets see what the longer window holds.

That's true, NoSaint, and yet it's not. I would say any team can WIN randomly for one game. Certainly if the Cards long snapper doesn't muff the snap and they make that FG at a distance where their kicker is ~90%, NE** doesn't win.

But win or lose, the contrast was just striking. NE** looked prepared, physical, and confident. Good clock management, good discipline, good adjustments. They didn't look as though yesterday's win was a fluke that might not hold up, though it pains me to say this. Compare and contrast, how did we look? If we looked prepared, physical, confident, and well coached, but we lost, I wouldn't feel as bad.

It pains me to say this, obviously, but I'm no longer "hopeful"

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Mrags and TYTT are insiders when it comes to feet and pain.

Lol at this nonsense. Cool stories though.

no insider of feet. But I do know someone who has spoken with a trainer of the team personally and he has stated that Sammy's a baby when it comes to playing hurt

This season is hilarious already. Seriously though, when is average to slightly below average going to end? Watching the Bills yesterday and then watching a number of other games the stark contract was evident. This team is going nowhere and Sammy being out or at best dealing with this for a prolonged amount of time is the icing on the cake.

Why did the tank thread get closed? Did the CEO of Reddit take the reigns at TBD?

I don't get the "tank" sentiment. It's made by people who think this team is nowhere close and has a horrible coaching staff and front office. If that's the case and the Bills have that bad of a coaching staff, don't have their top 2 draft picks, their best player on D is out 3 more games AND (perhaps) just lost their best player on O is there a need to "tank." Won't things just take care of themselves?

If you want some cheap entertainment, re-read the thread in which Sammy's foot injury was announced back before training camp. Note the smug comments from the zealot crowd as they assured the board no news here, back in plenty of time for camp, it's fun to over-react, and so on.

Ah, the Bills zealots.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186542-sammy-watkins-has-a-broken-foot;-ready-for-camp/page-5?hl=foot%20surgery

Thanks, great thread!

I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom-er but it really seems like us and the Browns are in the same league. The problem is, is that they will be leaving it sooner than us. The injuries will pile up and we will have another excuse to maintain the status quo. We have some good talent and it is a shame....

I don't get the "tank" sentiment. It's made by people who think this team is nowhere close and has a horrible coaching staff and front office. If that's the case and the Bills have that bad of a coaching staff, don't have their top 2 draft picks, their best player on D is out 3 more games AND (perhaps) just lost their best player on O is there a need to "tank." Won't things just take care of themselves?

Yes, they certainly will. I think when I say tank I mean it more as a way to describe how frustrating this is and the need to really bottom out as a team. I don't know that I would actually advocate for losing on purpose, but rather to make moves that are strictly for the future rather than for the present.

For example, if an intriguing trade possibility comes along to get some more draft picks, DO IT.

I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom-er but it really seems like us and the Browns are in the same league. The problem is, is that they will be leaving it sooner than us. The injuries will pile up and we will have another excuse to maintain the status quo. We have some good talent and it is a shame....

Exactly right. Who is going to be a legitimately good team sooner, the Bills or the Browns? I would say the Browns.

That's true, NoSaint, and yet it's not. I would say any team can WIN randomly for one game. Certainly if the Cards long snapper doesn't muff the snap and they make that FG at a distance where their kicker is ~90%, NE** doesn't win.

But win or lose, the contrast was just striking. NE** looked prepared, physical, and confident. Good clock management, good discipline, good adjustments. They didn't look as though yesterday's win was a fluke that might not hold up, though it pains me to say this. Compare and contrast, how did we look? If we looked prepared, physical, confident, and well coached, but we lost, I wouldn't feel as bad.

It pains me to say this, obviously, but I'm no longer "hopeful"

we certainly have issues with discipline, game management, etc..... we had too many 3 and outs just like last year.

but that doesnt mean i agree with how the post i replied to was framed. teams sometimes lay eggs. our offense did yesterday. it did a few times last year.

it shouldnt be SHOCKING, but its particularly frustrating when its week 1 and there arent other 2016 data points to look at. maybe this is the new normal for our offense but as long as sammy can play to his potential, odds are we see ups and downs, much like last year. if we get hot for long enough at the right time we can still be a wild card contender. if we get key injuries or tyrod falls off completely - we could be 6-10.

none of that commentary should surprise anyone, and really was pretty agreed upon for much of the offseason... but we had one of the bad games week 1. if we had a good one and the board was going nuts that we were going to be 14-2 id pretty much have the same commentary.

Edited by NoSaint