We don't stand a chance against the jets defense

Yeezus

That defense is 10x better than what we saw today and they are healthy

Might not even score a touchdown

We're going 4-12 this season

I said at the end of last season that the same level of performance this year would result in a 4-12 finish.

I wanted so bad to believe that the performance would get better.

I even told someone the other day I'd be surprised by worse than 6-10. I should have stuck with my original feeling.

4-12 and we will be 0-2 by Thursday.

Fortunately the league doesn't work like that. Teams can look horrible one week and win the next.

All it takes is two wins in a row and there will be a bandwagon of fans talking playoffs. Then a few losses and they'll be calling for Rex's head. It's the seesaw that is Buffalo Bills football.

Watkins got the ball plenty as far as a percentage of completions, imo.

The Bills traded up to the fourth pick to get Watkins. If you make that type of investment in a WR, you should use him like the Bengals use AJ Green. Green has turned Dalton into a legit NFL QB (and played a huge role in winning their game against the Jets today).

The Bills never have, and never will make that type of commitment to building their gameplan around Watkins.

Especially if the refs call the game the same way... Ravens O line got away with assault and no penalties, Bills got called for some BS, some legit, but roughing the passer call on Bills, non on Ravens.... Not the reason the Bills lost, no O, but Ravens should've had only 10 points.

Edited by North Buffalo

Fortunately the league doesn't work like that. Teams can look horrible one week and win the next.

All it takes is two wins in a row and there will be a bandwagon of fans talking playoffs. Then a few losses and they'll be calling for Rex's head. It's the seesaw that is Buffalo Bills football.

What are you even saying

The jets are known to have a strong defense

+1

Especially if the refs call the game the same way... Ravens O line got away with assault and no penalties, Bills got called for some BS, some legit, but roughing the passer call on Bills, non on Ravens.... Not the reason the Bills lost, no O, but Ravens should've had only 10 points.

Thanks, I knew there had to be at least one of these. But no mention of Hughes uncalled hold on the Ravens 4th down play that gave the Bills the ball? :) You are correct though, the zebras did not decide this game. The Bills were he 2nd best team today by a decent amount.

I too think they are going to go 6-10, but this is one game that sets up well for Buffalo...

- They have the Jets' number.

- It's the home opener.

- Fitz self destructs when in the national spotlight.

- It's early in the season and the Bills usually don't self destruct in September (this always happens in October or November).

Frankly I was surprised by the number of people who thought we could beat Flacco and the Ravens in Baltimore on opening weekend. This one was set up for a loss IMO since the schedule came out.

I too think they are going to go 6-10, but this is one game that sets up well for Buffalo...

- They have the Jets' number.

- It's the home opener.

- Fitz self destructs when in the national spotlight.

- It's early in the season and the Bills usually don't self destruct in September (this always happens in October or November).

Frankly I was surprised by the number of people who thought we could beat Flacco and the Ravens in Baltimore on opening weekend. This one was set up for a loss IMO since the schedule came out.

A lot of Bills fans were on a preseason hopeful high still. Most of the "experts" picked the Ravens (which of course meant they were clueless). This will bring most back down to earth, but sadly some will read too much into it and go full on bipolar. Such is life on two bills drive :)

Except that it wasn't . The Ravens did absolutely nothing on their own field and looked like the thoroughly average team that they are. The Bills , on the other hand only had to be average to beat that team today. Unfortunately they weren't even close to being up to the task. If you couldn't beat a team that let you hang around and hang around some more all afternoon, you are going nowhere.

I hope that Rex saved something for Thursday. He has owned the Jets.

Should the Bills lay the same egg they did today in the home opener, he's going to get fired.

Today was pretty bad.

Wish Rex did have something up his sleeve, but I just don't see it. The Jets D is the real deal. I just don't see how we'll score points. Our D will have to play their very best for us to have a shot... Because our O will get dominated. Very concerned about getting embarrassed at home, and potentially guys injured if our O Line can't contain the Jets D.

Side note- Rex would be smart to keep his mouth shut before this one.