Mario Says Dolphins D is "That Much Sweeter" for Him

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a "Dave Wannstedt" type defense. Will love that,

I did not even cheer for Thurman when he went to Miami and I wear his cap almost every day.

I certainly will not be cheering that gungy ex-player who took the money and refused to work.

which is much like the jim schwartz (or spagnola)..... if injured or lazy it could get ugly. if their front 4 is active and engaged for 16 games they could be good. but you have to have real talent up front.

What if you think his boss makes him cut your lawn with a lawn mower that uses moose antlers instead lawn mower blades and his boss gives him a crow bar to trim the hedges

Given by his track record, Rex doesn't finish in the bottom of the league in defense. In my opinion he has nothing to prove cuz he's already proven that he's a great defensive mind.

Players not buying into his system and not giving it their all to learn and play ball is not his fault.

I personally think we were more built for a 4-3 rather than a 3-4 when he took over but that still doesn't excuse Mario for "hopping" towards the QB instead of using hand techniques and running at full speed.

The addition of Ragland and Shaq made me excited to see how the Ryan defense would work this year but unfortunately we can't see that happen.

Got a few but hurt people living in the 2014 when the D led the league in sacks

Two problems with this

- Rex is the HC.....its his barn and we are all sitting in it

- The Mario cap hit was going to prevent us from resigning other players that the bills felt were more important to the TEAM

- We have NO guarantee that we were going to be anywhere close to that level of production with Schwartz....we just hope that we would be. I have already been told that i should not be looking at Schwartz this year and see what his production is....because you know that would hurt people's argument if Schwartz does not field a great defense.....he of course does not have the bills players.

-

Very good points. Yours is a more advanced breakdown. My breakdown is that people will find a reason to complain about ANYTHING.

Well i don't know him. Is he a Bills fan or just a troll?

What's with the Mario love? You guys treat him like he was Fred Jackson or something.

I don't wish injury on him but i DAMN sure don't support him having a career year ESPECIALLY playing for the Dolphins.

What the hell is going on here?

Mario is the Bills 5th all time sack leader in just 4 seasons and averaged double digits his first 3 for buffalo.... made 2 probowls as a bill.

He wasn't as loved as Fred Jackson, but in terms of production, he averaged between a Bruce and Schoebel annual production.

Fred average about 600 yds/season. Good, but never close to best in league.

It isn't love, it's just recognition of an elite talent. Yeah he mailed it in last year... But the guy can be one of the best DEs in the game or at least was.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Mario had over 400 rushes last year in a 4 man

I think Tannehill is a strength, his OL's have been terrible. They are talking about using quicker throws. Should really improve Tannehill's consistency and efficiency. He is a talented player.

He has a bunch of weapons.

The defense should get sacks, but can they cover? That will be the key. Miami, Bills, Jets are all talented teams and could finish in any order.

Please list his weapons. Landry is his best and is a possession receiver who has minimal YPC. Davonte Parker has talent but hasn't been able to stay healthy including most of training camp. Kenny Stills is a one trick pony and not a show pony. Cameron is one hit away from retirement and has been useless in a dolphin uniform, including this training camp. Foster may give you a solid 3-4 games before injury. Ajayi has bad knees and no explosion.

Some fans can't separate Mario the player vs Mario the person. It's as simple as that. He's a moody guy but the coach's job is to get the most out of his players. If Rex really thought he was that bad, he should have sat him. My guess is, that on a lot of this tape where he's not charging full speed ahead is partly rex's scheme to have the DL plug their gaps.

Having said that, it's also clear that he wasn't happy with how he was being used and did take plays off.

The fault lies with both him and Rex. But if I had to pick one to keep around, I would have sent Rex on the first flight out of town.

Look at my avatar. I am a douche. How's that for sweet..

I saw enough lack of heart last year to see he does not deserve to be a Bill and it was not due to following his assignment. He is mentally weak. What a waste of talent.

Edited by bmur66

i do - i remember the exact day it went from the best d line on the field and back to simply on paper too.

ive never been scared of any players preseason performance.

Anyone who can't get with you on that is just a Mario hater. That d line is serious

Fit em up

This.

let em cowboy. roman and LeSean are chomping at the bit for this one.

Phins dont play disciplined we kick their monkey butts back into the ocean they mistakenly crept out of.

Tyrod is not going to sit back and wait for this big ole pass rush.

They have some talent but they need to be Coached up proper. I have yet to see that from them.

I dont see Tannehill having a pleasant day at all

Well i don't know him. Is he a Bills fan or just a troll?

What's with the Mario love? You guys treat him like he was Fred Jackson or something.

I don't wish injury on him but i DAMN sure don't support him having a career year ESPECIALLY playing for the Dolphins.

What the hell is going on here?

I think you must know him.... He is more of a troll than you know... Both on the board and in stature...

Mario had over 400 rushes last year in a 4 man

Thank you. Half the peeps on this board seem to think Mario was ruined by a complex scheme because that's what the dude keeps telling everyone.

The truth is the guy's skills have diminished and he's not very good anymore.

Can't wait to see what his excuse will be this year. Slug.

Thank you. Half the peeps on this board seem to think Mario was ruined by a complex scheme because that's what the dude keeps telling everyone.

More than a few personnel folks think he's lost a lot of his explosion. Might help explain 19 combined tackles (15 solo) on 884 defensive snaps last season. I'm his harshest critic after last season, but I don't know if I can attribute such low productivity entirely to not giving a crap.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Mario is a quitter who will play strong for less than the 1st half of the 1st game. Once he has a few drives in the Miami Heat he'll start mailing it in.

He is who he is. He's older, not younger.

Actually they open in Seattle. He could have a decent 1/2 of the 1st game.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

Some fans can't separate Mario the player vs Mario the person. It's as simple as that. He's a moody guy but the coach's job is to get the most out of his players. If Rex really thought he was that bad, he should have sat him. My guess is, that on a lot of this tape where he's not charging full speed ahead is partly rex's scheme to have the DL plug their gaps.

Having said that, it's also clear that he wasn't happy with how he was being used and did take plays off.

The fault lies with both him and Rex. But if I had to pick one to keep around, I would have sent Rex on the first flight out of town.

And replaced him with who?

His skills have diminished, but miami's league best defense will be tough for our offense to crack... And he will have career days against us... We are doomed for those two games