Manny Lawson cut

YoloinOhio

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you will about Manny.. but he was solid in setting the edge and decent in pass coverage.

If this was a money saving/cap thing... then I think it's a dumb move. Who's going to set the edge?

If this was more about off the field risks we don't know about.. then fine.

Or maybe this to make room to sign Coples?

You know, in the Ralph/Littman days, this would've been a routine cutdown day move - release a few higher-priced depth players to salvage the bottom line on the eve of the season, after most of the ticket purchases had been committed.

Now, it's really hard to say. But he's a smart, dependable edge-setter who is scheme-versatile. Not to mention, they have no linebackers for Rex's 3-4/hybrid. It seems asinine but perhaps there is more to the story.

No it makes sense - cut the most experienced, versatile LB in a highly complicated defense that requires experienced, versatile LBs and doesn't have enough of them...

This is such a Bills move.

Maybe the coaches didn't think he was good enough. Everyone just annointed him as the replacement for Mario, and it just seemed odd to me. Even with Mario's crap season last year, to think Lawson would just be given the job as a suitable replacement never made any sense to me. And I like Lawson, he's a decent player.

You know, in the Ralph/Littman days, this would've been a routine cutdown day move - release a few higher-priced depth players to salvage the bottom line on the eve of the season, after most of the ticket purchases had been committed.

Now, it's really hard to say. But he's a smart, dependable edge-setter who is scheme-versatile. Not to mention, they have no linebackers for Rex's 3-4/hybrid. It seems asinine but perhaps there is more to the story.

I'd have to think that's probably not the case.

So long Captain Over Pursue!! We wish you nothing but the best.

On a side note Manny Lawson is one of the most interesting people in the league IMO. He scored a crazy 43 on the Wonderlic, ran a 4.43 and is 6'6" and 241 lbs. On paper he is unbelievable, but he is just an average football player.

Yep. And for whatever reason - maybe the reasons you mention - I really liked Manny the engineer. And I thought he'd be a solid contributor this year. Oh well, shaking things up when the D was so obviously mediocre last year has a certain appeal, doesn't it?

He didn't look so hot last night against the Lions 3rd stringers. But i doubt he got cut cuz he didn't give 100% in the 4th preseason game.

There's something the Bills FO knows that we don't. This is not sitting well with me cuz usually we have better info here at TBD than we do at Buffalobills.com

Come on 26, come on Yolo. Get us the info we NEED please.