Is Quinton Coples about to become a Bill?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're calling him a DL but he would likely play OLB in Rex's scheme. No way they cut one of their DL for him. I don't think he would start over Manny but would provide additional depth. If Rex and Whaley think he can help then why not,

Edited by vincec

They're calling him a DL but he would likely play OLB in Rex's scheme. No way they cut one of their DL for him. I don't think he would start over Manny but would provide additional depth. If Rex and Whaley think he can help then why not,

At 6'5" and over 290 lbs. - is he an OLB at that size? Seems like DL in Rex's defense. What's interesting is he's nearly identical in size to Mario who seemed a fish out of water. Admittedly I have no idea how he was used in Rex's Jets defense - guess I'll have to spend time looking at that.

(Jets fan here so feel free to ignore me) Q is a pretty talented player but he seems way too laid back. Rex had a hard time getting him motivated and Bowles couldn't get him to perform in a contract year. His production does not match his talent and that will frustrate you to no end. Good depth pickup if you need it.

Thanks for your input.

This is a position of pretty desperate need in Buffalo right now...Coples is most certainly a player that can improve the rotation until Shaq gets in there...At this point the Bills better get help where they can...I mean...At one time in camp this team had IK out there starting...That should tell anyone who wants to know how desperate the situation is at OLB opposite Hughes...

In all serious Whaley should be trying to bring Krugar and Coples in...Both have ties with Rex and have played in this defense before...And both had some success in it...It would take a position of weakness and make it at least solid immediately...And if one of them does not pan out they can cut him when Shaq is 100%... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

(Jets fan here so feel free to ignore me) Q is a pretty talented player but he seems way too laid back. Rex had a hard time getting him motivated and Bowles couldn't get him to perform in a contract year. His production does not match his talent and that will frustrate you to no end. Good depth pickup if you need it.

How can he be good depth after the way you described him?

As a UNC fan I was disappointed when the Jets drafted Coples because I thought he would be a beast. I agree with the Jets' fan comments above that motivation seems to be an issue, but the physical talent is undeniable.

As a UNC fan I was disappointed when the Jets drafted Coples because I thought he would be a beast. I agree with the Jets' fan comments above that motivation seems to be an issue, but the physical talent is undeniable.

You look at the guy and think he'd be dominant. That has never come to fruition.

This is a position of pretty desperate need in Buffalo right now...Coples is most certainly a player that can improve the rotation until Shaq gets in there...At this point the Bills better get help where they can...I mean...At one time in camp this team had IK out there starting...That should tell anyone who wants to know how desperate the situation is at OLB opposite Hughes...

In all serious Whaley should be trying to bring Krugar and Coples in...Both have ties with Rex and have played in this defense before...And both had some success in it...It would take a position of weakness and make it at least solid immediately...And if one of them does not pan out they can cut him when Shaq is 100%... B-)

We'll have to see how much money we have left, but you make good points. If we have to cut people to make either deal, who are we cutting? I think that is the real question and does that deal improve or just swap players.

Kruger is a bit older so if I had to prioritize for depth, I'd go with Coples. We'll see. Get ready as today and Friday will see a to of guys lose their job and will any of these guys be worth it. I like your point that both of the above players can easily step into Rex's system.