Kaepernick and the National Anthem

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

DUDE!!!   Epic fail.   How could you miss THE best show ever 

See the source image

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, BBC did replace those guys with a crappy version of the show.

There's a difference between cancelling a show and falling down the dark path of the "New Dukes" 

Cancelling would have been much more humane

Ravens Admit Anthem Protests Tanked Their Ticket Sales

The Baltimore Ravens are currently tied with the Bills and the Titans for a wild card slot and they’ve been showing a lot of potential.

With that much on the line, you’d expect the stadium to be buzzing, but in addition to the Colts, Baltimore is facing another battle. They’re trying to fill up the seats at M&T Bank Stadium and avoid yet another embarrassing display of sparsely populated stands.

The Ravens sold out every single home game since arriving in Baltimore in 1996. But by last month they were scrambling to (re)sell, or in some cases, give away as many of the returned tickets as possible. You can’t blame it on poor performance by the team, so this week the Ravens’ president, Dick Cass, came out and said what everyone had already known: his players’ National Anthem protest stunt in London earlier this season simply drove too many people away

More at the link:

• 2 years later...
On 8/27/2016 at 10:11 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

@RapSheet

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color."

https://t.co/CNnJJqG77R

Turns out Kap was right (but we all knew that). Trump and his propaganda machine echoing renowned racist Walter Headley - when the looting starts, the shooting starts

What a sad day to be an American. We deserve a leader who respects the rights of all citizens.  

Edited by Warren Zevon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Turns out Kap was right (but we all knew that). Trump and his propaganda machine echoing renowned racist Walter Headley when the looting starts, the shooting starts

What a sad day to be an American. We deserve a leader who respects the rights of all citizens.  

Do you really think Trump is smart enough to even know who Walter Headley is? 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, meazza said:

Does it matter? He repeated verbatim Headley's racist rhetoric and incited racial violence with those words.

Edited by Warren Zevon

4 minutes ago, meazza said:

He doesn't need to be smart enough to know who Walter Headly is.

He only needed to be smart enough to beat Hillary.

And he was damn smart enough to do that. 

Now let's see if he'll be smart enough to beat a guy who says if you're black and don't vote for him, then "you ain't black."

But yeah...let's mock Trump's intelligence. :lol:

Just now, Wacka said:

What's your favorite cut of steak?

Porterhouse.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Does it matter? He repeated verbatim Headley's racist rhetoric and incited racial violence with those words.

So, you're saying that Trump caused all of the looting and fires? Was he responsible for any of the deaths?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, you're saying that Trump caused all of the looting and fires? Was he responsible for any of the deaths?

He repeated verbatim Headley's racist rhetoric and incited racial violence with those words.

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

He repeated verbatim Headley's racist rhetoric and incited racial violence with those words.

Ok, let’s play this game.

So, by your dumb fvcking braindead liberal garbage you decided to spew, then............

Obama is squarely to blame for inciting racial violence in Ferguson and Baltimore then?

Again, you Trump haters, spare me with your fake fvcking outrage.

• Like (+1) 1

What historical racist did Obama quote on Twitter?

I don’t go on Twitter, so I really don’t give a flying fvck what Obama might have said or what Trump said.

Only weak-minded fools would act upon what somebody said on a social platform.

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

What violence did he incite? At what point did Trump cause the looting? Was it after the 5th TV was taken? 10th? 25th? Why is the answer to any injustice always to go burn something down after all of the goodies are taken? Why do you think that inner city neighborhoods are under served in regards to grocery stores and such? 

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I don’t go on Twitter, so I really don’t give a flying fvck what Obama might have said or what Trump said.

Yes you do - how do you get here then?

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Obama is squarely to blame for inciting racial violence in Ferguson and Baltimore then?

You are about defending your racism - just admit it tough guy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

Yes you do - how do you get here then?

You are about defending your racism - just admit it tough guy.

This about what those cops did, NOTHING else. They are awful cops and I don’t give a flying fvck what race they are, even if you do.

So, you can shove your racist claim up your azz, tough guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pretty sure you brought up your boy Obama.

You brought up Trump, like all you hate-filled mongers do whenever there is a crisis.

The root of this problem are some bad cops (of all races) on the Minneapolis police force, not whomever the sitting President is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

You brought up Trump

Of course - he's the current president and he repeated a historical racist verbatim. 

If bringing that up triggers you (Obviously it does - you're screaming about Obama), you're a racist

• Thank you (+1) 1

There was a Loblaws near the old rock pile. It closed up and sat empty for years. Then an African-American opened it up again and called it FIGMOS.  That stood for Finally I Got  My  Own Supermarket.  No lie. The owner stated this on TV.  Lasted less tan a year. When questioned why it closed. he stated the people in the neighborhood robbed me blind.

Edited by Wacka

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

Nothing racist with this remark......

Or this one, right?

These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts.

9 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Or this one, right?

These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts.

WTF did you want Trump to say or do? Register everyone who took a TV so that they can get their warranty? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

WTF did you want Trump to say or do? Register everyone who took a TV so that they can get their warranty? 

Keep defending your boy Trump until your dying day - almost as heroic as your hero, Ronald Reagan.

It's okay to say what Trump said was wrong.

31 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Keep defending your boy Trump until your dying day - almost as heroic as your hero, Ronald Reagan.

It's okay to say what Trump said was wrong.

You seem to want to hold Trump responsible for everything that happens in this country. I bet you wouldn't have held Obama responsible for everything. There are different levels of responsibility and jurisdiction that you seem to not be aware of. 

56 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Of course - he's the current president and he repeated a historical racist verbatim. 

If bringing that up triggers you (Obviously it does - you're screaming about Obama), you're a racist

You wanna call me a racist, you might as well put me on your ignore list.

Again, shove your racism up your azz.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You seem to want to hold Trump responsible for everything that happens in this country. I bet you wouldn't have held Obama responsible for everything. There are different levels of responsibility and jurisdiction that you seem to not be aware of. 

No - just holding him responsible for racist rhetoric. 

Sure seems to trigger a lot of you

You wanna call me a racist, you might as well put me on your ignore list.

Nah - might start a thread to post all the racist BS to call the racists out, though.

Sorry to spoil but you'll be featured in that thread.

No, you are the ####### who is bringing race into this and freely calling someone like me a racist when you have no idea who the fvck I am.

You are obviously triggered by whatever Trump says and does. I am calling you and the others out on this because since Trump announced his candidacy in 2015, whatever Trump says or does, it is fake fvcking outrage to you people.

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Nah - might start a thread to post all the racist BS to call the racists out, though.

Sorry to spoil but you'll be featured in that thread.

Sorry, idiot, I have a lot of friends of all races.

Nice try though.

No, you are the ####### who is bringing race into this and freely calling someone like me a racist when you have no idea who the fvck I am.

There's evidence from the previous pages of your racist rhetoric. Sorry, nj tuff

Sorry, idiot, I have a lot of friends of all races.

lol classic

Edited by Warren Zevon

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

So, by your dumb fvcking braindead liberal garbage you decided to spew, then............

But you don't care about Obama

52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can’t access this, but it’s WaPo and that’s liberal garbage. Trump urged calm at the start of Covid and not media induced hysteria. Bottom line: whatever Trump does, the LSM says he should have done the opposite. 

But you don't care about Obama

When your magazine is empty and you've thrown your gun you pull out the race card. We actually can have a dialogue regarding race relations. That dialogue should be frank and earnest without coddling any group. Calling a spade a spade is not racist.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Can’t access this, but it’s WaPo and that’s liberal garbage. Trump urged calm at the start of Covid and not media induced hysteria. Bottom line: whatever Trump does, the LSM says he should have done the opposite. 

Linking WaPo articles is his go to move. He looks for something with a flashy headline and then posts it knowing the guts of the article can't be read unless you pay the ***** WaPo. He thinks he's clever. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

the guts of the article can't be read unless you pay the ***** WaPo. 

I know you're old, senile, and might be unsure of some of the technical terms below, but...

1. Right click link

2. Open in incognito window

3. Read WaPo