Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Am I interrupting the racist circlejerk

I love Jim Brown. I followed his opinion on this matter closely last season. Amazing how CNN Etc wanted nothing to do with his opinion once he expressed it. They preferred talking points from racist groups such as BLM. Jim Brown said the protest was disrespectful. I guess he's a racist to some. He's a very smart man.

MNF season premiere presents a dilemma for the SJW

Do they use the big stage to take a knee on the anniversary of 9/11

make all the player hood that giant flag. It'd be amazing to see Kaepernick kneel while every other player on the field is holding the flag from side to side

Yes, a very partisan group of 3 judges made that decision. Unfortunately politics have infiltrated every inch of government. We have a lot of illegal immigrants registering to vote because it is so easy to do so with driver's licenses and taxpayer ID numbers being readily issued to illegal immigrants. No proof of citizenship is required/confirmed in many states. Everyone should support voter ID, better registration screening and integrity at the polls.

Took a few days off from this.

Do you have a citation for your comment of "a lot of illegal immigrants registering to vote"?

Brown is obviously a NAZI

Nah. Just a POS human being.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/us/jim-brown-fast-facts/

Ratings were "apparently" pitiful during the first half of the season, the Election was blamed.

The Cowboys resurgence definitely helped boost the ratings the second half, fans will tune in to watch Dallas (just like the Yankees) if they don't cheer for them.

The thread on the main board essentially about this closed. Someone equated Kaepernick to, wait for it......................Jackie Robinson.

The supposed parallel was the distraction that Shady mentioned around Kaep was similar to the distraction around Robinson. To me, Kaap's distraction isn't around race. There are other guys not standing for the anthem right now. I think Michael Bennett is one but I'm too lazy to look it up. I don't see any distractions being created there. If so, they are certainly on a massively smaller scale.

The Kaep distraction IMO comes from the cops as pigs socks, the Fidel Castro shirts and all that other garbage. When he talked about the stuff he sounded half informed. One can argue about a political distraction being fair game for not picking up a marginal talent. Also it may be that he wants $10M per. He resemblance to Jackie Robinson IMO is nil. His resemblance to Johnny Manziel is much more close. Certainly whether you agree or disagree with him, he is trying to do what he believes so I get there is a difference from loose cannon Johnny, but they are both on the outs due to being a distraction while simultaneously sucking.

So much for that argument.

@richarddeitsch

Per a Fox Sports exec (yes, Fox) who specializes in TV ratings, Kaepernick did not impact NFL ratings last year: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/08/28/Media/Sports-Media.aspx

I've been following a crappy football team for years and still watch.

I'm not going to stop just because liberal sportswriters find it comforting to put the spotlight on how a bad quarterback worth millions hates the country where he earned his millions.

Mute and FF are your friend.

Ratings were "apparently" pitiful during the first half of the season, the Election was blamed.

The Cowboys resurgence definitely helped boost the ratings the second half, fans will tune in to watch Dallas (just like the Yankees) if they don't cheer for them.

Ratings sucking were not because of Kaep's IMO and people saying they were are in denial. Ratings suck because the product sucks. You have to have a glamour boy QB who can't be touched and gets to call penalties. The NFL went the route of all superstar all the time and that means 25 teams aren't allowed to win. The non QB stars are mostly pinks like Beckham.

Ratings sucking were not because of Kaep's IMO and people saying they were are in denial. Ratings suck because the product sucks. You have to have a glamour boy QB who can't be touched and gets to call penalties. The NFL went the route of all superstar all the time and that means 25 teams aren't allowed to win. The non QB stars are mostly pinks like Beckham.

I doubt anyone really believed that fans stopped watching the NFL (if they were going to) just because of CK.

Whole lot of nothing for the 1,000 hours they've hyped this non-story up.

Tim Graham compared him to Ali.

No, I'm not kidding.

he played like Ali fought Holmes and then Berbick (in case you forgot that abortion of a fight...)

That doesn't mean that he's wrong about this issue though.

It's always interesting to me that the left will yell "racism" at the drop of a hat, until a black person calls them out on their stupidity.

Then he's no longer a black person, but a POS human being.

Terrific.

Jim's got an interesting background, well known to anyone over 40. So he's not exactly embraced by liberal media.

Ah. It's the liberal media. Again.

Does this mean the conservative media embraces men who toss women off of balconies?

It's always interesting to me that the left will yell "racism" at the drop of a hat, until a black person calls them out on their stupidity.

Then he's no longer a black person, but a POS human being.

Terrific.

Are you saying Jim Brown is a good guy?

Just want to understand your view of him as a human being.

Kemp, after watching the lib media smugly deride and put down the murder case against OJ, it was twice the amusement to watch them scream in horror at his getting out on parole.

So who knows what they will do next?

I'm sure Mr. Brown does very good work in his community helping change lives destroyed by people thinking drugs were a joke and no harm, and other things his community activism does. he always speaks truth when I see him on TV.

Ah. It's the liberal media. Again.

Does this mean the conservative media embraces men who toss women off of balconies?

I'd say that Jim Brown is a human being with warts and flaws just like the rest of us, and that he has done some bad things in the past.

I'd also so that that his work with youth trying to escape the gang life has probably impacted more lives in a life-changing positive way than his prior transgressions did negatively.

I'm curious though, why that matters. Are you trying to say that Jim Brown's opinion doesn't matter because of unrelated things in his past?

If that's the case, can you please give me your comprehensive list of sins that disqualifies you from being heard, nullifying the value of your position on other matters.

If not, I'd like to know what the point of bringing Jim Brown's past into the matter has to do with this specific argument, other than an attempt to engage in logical fallacy by Poisoning the Well, silencing dissent through character assassination.

At what point do actions invalidate opinions on unrelated topics?

Do you value the input of Ted Kennedy? Bill Clinton? Newt Gingrich?

I'm curious why you need to understand my view of Jim Brown.

This discussion is what he said about Kaep, not his history. Why change the subject?

Oh, wait. I know. Because he doesn't agree with you about Kaep, so it's easier to bring down the messenger than to argue his message.

At what point do actions invalidate opinions on unrelated topics?

Do you value the input of Ted Kennedy? Bill Clinton? Newt Gingrich?

are we teaching you a 11-year old's introduction to the way things are here?

yup, things can be unfair, there's a code that is unwritten and when they keep changing it you will be burned if you get wrapped up in it....

I guess it's time for the left to start explaining what a dirtbag Franco Harris is...

Harris: "Players in my day would have dealt with protesters."

“If someone has a certain stance that they want to take, that’s fine,” Harris said. “When he puts on that suit, when he steps out on that field, now it’s more than just him. It's his teammates, it's the NFL, and it's the fans."

Harris went on to say that the team must come first, and coaches and teammates in his day would have confronted Kaepernick over his protest.

“We had two of the meanest guys in football, who I think would’ve dealt with it that way, and that would’ve been Joe Greene and Jack Lambert," Harris said.

only hockey players have clubhouse honour, as in beating the living bag out of a teammate who slept with another teammate's wife.

has led to some key injuries in hockey history, one Leaf retired suddenly 2/3 of the way through a decent season (apparently from injuries from getting beat up)

Ray Lewis: Ravens were close to signing Kaep, then Kaep's girlfriend said the Ravens were racist, and that was that.

This is where the left pulls out Ray Lewis' rap sheet to argue that even though he was part of the Raven's plan to bring in Kaep, his past makes everything he says a moot point because he's a POS garbage human being.

I guess I should have put this here. Maybe this is why Kaep and Bennett sit.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/905431283815374848

Yep. Back to the actual issue.

DJC8a-ZW4AEES11.jpg

@AdamSchefter

Michael Bennett has retained civil rights attorney John Burris after being assaulted by police in Las Vegas.... http://fb.me/1I4Jewi6v