Kaepernick and the National Anthem

I don't support stop and frisk which you brought up. But you are as ignorant on this as one would imagine. Yourte presenting this viewpoint as fact.

Let me start with this since you think you need to be simple for everyone.

Minorities are arrested more in cities is a statement you made. These minorities live in an area of higher crime rate. This means police presence is much higher to combat high crime rates and protect the community there. Those cops are more likely to witness a crime because there are more there to stop that crime. The cops aren't patrolling a country club neighborhood because there is not crime there. The cops are not patrolling the areas which do not have high crime rates.

Your next argument is likely as follows: higher crime rates because there are more cops... right?

The situation is not one of police. Its a social economic result of poor policies carried our by the legislative arm of this country. These folks need to educate themselves and protest at the ballots. Sadly, the voter turn out is a lot less than the crime rate.

There is simply no poster on TBD who has shown more ignorance than you on this subject and so many others.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This thread is just the gift that keeps on giving.

It irritates me what he did (the racist **** he retweets irritates me more) but the Constitution gives him the right to be free from arrest for expressing his opinion.

However he is not free from repercussions from his actions and hopefully the fact that he is a mediocre quarterback and now a lightning rod means he will get cut and not signed by anyone else this season.

Edited by NyQuil

You're not going to explain the nuances of algebra to the people here struggling with addition. It's a lost cause man. Just let it go lol.

I saw your post before it got deleted. I'm guessing because of the insults within it.

There's no need to go there to have a discussion.

Look, all I'm saying is there's people hurting in these areas that appreciate and want the presence of law enforcement. They just want to live in relative safety and peace. I don't think it's fair to them or the police to say they just want to oppress black people. I mean I get it there's people in Orchard Park selling dope and smoking it - and it's probably easier for them to get away with it but the answer isn't leave other areas and head to Orchard Park so that it's proportionate.

I'll share 3 experiences from the city of Chicago...

My car got badly sideswiped while parked in the city just as I was about to get in. I did then jump in and chase the sonofabitch a couple miles and pulled him over. The police were called from the scene and also the 2nd scene where he briefly stopped but refused to stay. He took off again but I had name and license plate number. Police came to original scene, I filed report and asked that hit and run charges be filed. Chicago refused to pursue it, it never became a case, they told me that they don't have time. $9K in damage.

My daughter's wallet was stolen recently while riding train in the city. She reported it a couple hours later, police blew her off. She contacted a store where her CC was used and manager looked at video tape with a clear view of the person. She called the police with this info and they said, sorry, can't help you, bigger fish to fry.

While in downtown Chicago and parked, friends car was broken into, briefcase taken with ipad. Called police who wouldn't even send an officer out to the scene. Friend did a locate on the ipad and located ipad a couple hours later in a "very bad neighborhood". Called police who told friend they would not pursue and instructed friend not to try and recover the ipad themselves.

1st 2 instances above were committed by minorities and very likely the 3rd given location of stolen property. Point is that crimes like these in big cities are most likely under-reported in statistics and minorities are probably involved in crimes in big cities more than what reported data shows.

One of the most bizarre and pointless posts ever to appear on this board. And that's saying a lot.

How ironic that the ones most vehemently blasting Kap are most likely to be supporters of a certain Presidential candidate who took every deferment in the book to get out of serving his country (one of the deferments being a bogus bone spur), trashed POWs saying he liked the men who didn't get captured, and trashed a Gold Star family and has refused to apologize. This isn't the United States of America, it's the United States of Cognitive Dissonance.

And that same presidential candidate became the nominee of one of our two major political parties by promoting an agenda so transparently racist that, according to recent polls, he has the support of less than 1 percent of African-Americans.

I saw your post before it got deleted. I'm guessing because of the insults within it.

There's no need to go there to have a discussion.

Look, all I'm saying is there's people hurting in these areas that appreciate and want the presence of law enforcement. They just want to live in relative safety and peace. I don't think it's fair to them or the police to say they just want to oppress black people. I mean I get it there's people in Orchard Park selling dope and smoking it - and it's probably easier for them to get away with it but the answer isn't leave other areas and head to Orchard Park so that it's proportionate.

I deleted it because I'm over getting worked up over politics on a football forum.

There are good cops. They risk their lives everyday. They deserve to be respected. There are some bad cops. It just so happens that their position of power allows them to wreak havoc.

Black criminals are not all innocent victims. Commit a crime = be punished. It just so happens that if you commit a relatively minor drug crime and you're black that you're going to get the felony foot of the law shoved so far up your ass that you are !@#$ed for a lifetime. It's a cycle of creating desperate people that can choose a life of abject poverty working at places that will hire felons OR trying to get ahead by committing more crimes.

Edited by Billschinatown

So far, there hasn't been much said about the employee/employer obligations and relationships.

I've only worked for 2 employers as an adult. One for 35 years and one for 12 years. It's been my experience that no matter my personal feelings and problems, as an employee, I am a representative of my employer.

Kaepernick is an employee of the 49er's and by extension, the NFL. Unless and until he's a designated spokesperson for either, he needs support and conform to their philosophy. IF he does not want to do that, he's free to seek other employment.

The guy makes 19 Mil a year. What has he done off the field to demonstrate his position?? On the field, he needs to do what his employer expects him to do, represent the team, and win games. He may have a whole lot of time, in the future, to sit or stand, as much as he wants, on his own time.

One of the most bizarre and pointless posts ever to appear on this board. And that's saying a lot.

And that same presidential candidate became the nominee of one of our two major political parties by promoting an agenda so transparently racist that, according to recent polls, he has the support of less than 1 percent of African-Americans.

I was just trying to be nice by only alluding to the hypocrisy.

Not in the eyes of the US Supreme Court... but details have a way of derailing an emotional plea.

no no. We are talking feelings. And feelings hurt.

The hang up that he could sit out the war because of his moral beliefs ... yeah,I don't care what the supreme court said. I would imagine 1,973,277,838 people objected to going to war.

Either way, this is getting way off topic and this isn't helping. Muhammad Ali was a prickwhen he was young.

So far, there hasn't been much said about the employee/employer obligations and relationships.

I've only worked for 2 employers as an adult. One for 35 years and one for 12 years. It's been my experience that no matter my personal feelings and problems, as an employee, I am a representative of my employer.

Kaepernick is an employee of the 49er's and by extension, the NFL. Unless and until he's a designated spokesperson for either, he needs support and conform to their philosophy. IF he does not want to do that, he's free to seek other employment.

The guy makes 19 Mil a year. What has he done off the field to demonstrate his position?? On the field, he needs to do what his employer expects him to do, represent the team, and win games. He may have a whole lot of time, in the future, to sit or stand, as much as he wants, on his own time.

This only applies to normals like us. People with rare skills and talents are often provided more leeway with which to express views that would get us fired. We're often a dime a dozen.

Kapenick kinda sucks now. Maybe he will get released because of it. If it were prime years Tom Brady saying this-- No Way They Cut Ties With him. Likewise if you were jailed for animal abuse on the level of Vick and fired, do you think your job would have ever ever ever hired you again?

NFL knuckleheads are just as dumb as us. They just happen to be valuable knuckleheads and if they aren't....they get fired just like we would. See Dareus/Karlos outcomes.

Not only is there no book saying what Ali did was wrong, there is a record of the SCOTUS overturning his conviction for draft evasion. The draft board was wrong and should have granted him the conscientious objector status he sought. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of legal history.

it was wrong at the time. And if he was John C Poppercorn, resident of Denton, Mississippi he would have never been heard and it would have never happened.

What he did was wrong. And illegal.

no no. We are talking feelings. And feelings hurt.

The hang up that he could sit out the war because of his moral beliefs ... yeah,I don't care what the supreme court said. I would imagine 1,973,277,838 people objected to going to war.

Either way, this is getting way off topic and this isn't helping. Muhammad Ali was a prickwhen he was young.

You're talking about feelings. I'm talking about facts. :w00t:

According to history and the supreme court and law of our country, what Ali did was entirely within his rights. That's an objective conclusion, not one borne from emotion. :beer:

it was wrong at the time. And if he was John C Poppercorn, resident of Denton, Mississippi he would have never been heard and it would have never happened.

Such a savvy debator.

You know what else was wrong and illegal at one time too? Women voting.

There is simply no poster on TBD who has shown more ignorance than you on this subject and so many others

why can you not actually make arguments? Behind the keyboard, all those tweeta,whatever facade you are behind... you're so high above me that I can't even rebuttle.

Why don't you actually try to respond? Of course, I can't make fun of you because I'll get another warning point. But you keep it right on up. Post that "in" one more time. Put up another emogi. Call someone else names. Don't worry, you can get away with it!

The SCOTUS disagrees.

But you are talking about your feelings as you mentioned above. Fortunately, we draw a distinction between courts of law and courts of public opinion.

No, Kaepernik's rights are protected by the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the NFL Players Association. I've never read it, but I'm pretty sure it protects players from discipline for expressing their political views. So no, CK does not have to "support and conform to [the 49er's and the NFL's] philosophy."

No, Kaepernik's rights are protected by the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the NFL Players Association. I've never read it, but I'm pretty sure it protects players from discipline for expressing their political views. So no, CK does not have to "support and conform to [the 49er's and the NFL's] philosophy."

No small coincidence that the 49ers were quick to say that while they disagree with CK, they fully support his right to express himself.

why can you not actually make arguments? Behind the keyboard, all those tweeta,whatever facade you are behind... you're so high above me that I can't even rebuttle.

Why don't you actually try to respond? Of course, I can't make fun of you because I'll get another warning point. But you keep it right on up. Post that "in" one more time. Put up another emogi. Call someone else names. Don't worry, you can get away with it!

Oh god. Lol. Sounds like somebody is upset about unequal treatment!!! It's so upsetting that 26CornerBlitz is provided advantages and freedom from punishment that you aren't isn't it? Maybe there's a way you could protest these feelings of oppression you're feeling? Ideas?

Hahahhahahahahh. Hah. Amazing.