Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Since when did the National Anthem become a thank you to veterans and fallen soldiers?

When I stand and place my hand over my heart (which is 100% of the time) it's because I love my country and I'm grateful for my rights and freedoms.

We have Veterans Day and Memorial Day to honor those who fought and those who died.

Um...how do you think those rights and freedoms came to be?

"Freedom isn't free."

No. It's selective enforcement contingent upon who is chosen for traffic stops, stop and frisk, and other policies that are more prevalent in some communities as borne out by statistics.

Is the Borough of Brooklyn President a racist?

:lol: I'm just trying to lay out factual information for those who want to consider it. For those that don't, what can you do?

I don't support stop and frisk which you brought up. But you are as ignorant on this as one would imagine. Yourte presenting this viewpoint as fact.

Let me start with this since you think you need to be simple for everyone.

Minorities are arrested more in cities is a statement you made. These minorities live in an area of higher crime rate. This means police presence is much higher to combat high crime rates and protect the community there. Those cops are more likely to witness a crime because there are more there to stop that crime. The cops aren't patrolling a country club neighborhood because there is not crime there. The cops are not patrolling the areas which do not have high crime rates.

Your next argument is likely as follows: higher crime rates because there are more cops... right?

The situation is not one of police. Its a social economic result of poor policies carried our by the legislative arm of this country. These folks need to educate themselves and protest at the ballots. Sadly, the voter turn out is a lot less than the crime rate.

:lol: I'm just trying to lay out factual information for those who want to consider it. For those that don't, what can you do?

I'll share 3 experiences from the city of Chicago...

My car got badly sideswiped while parked in the city just as I was about to get in. I did then jump in and chase the sonofabitch a couple miles and pulled him over. The police were called from the scene and also the 2nd scene where he briefly stopped but refused to stay. He took off again but I had name and license plate number. Police came to original scene, I filed report and asked that hit and run charges be filed. Chicago refused to pursue it, it never became a case, they told me that they don't have time. $9K in damage.

My daughter's wallet was stolen recently while riding train in the city. She reported it a couple hours later, police blew her off. She contacted a store where her CC was used and manager looked at video tape with a clear view of the person. She called the police with this info and they said, sorry, can't help you, bigger fish to fry.

While in downtown Chicago and parked, friends car was broken into, briefcase taken with ipad. Called police who wouldn't even send an officer out to the scene. Friend did a locate on the ipad and located ipad a couple hours later in a "very bad neighborhood". Called police who told friend they would not pursue and instructed friend not to try and recover the ipad themselves.

1st 2 instances above were committed by minorities and very likely the 3rd given location of stolen property. Point is that crimes like these in big cities are most likely under-reported in statistics and minorities are probably involved in crimes in big cities more than what reported data shows.

Edited by keepthefaith

Since when did the National Anthem become a thank you to veterans and fallen soldiers?

When I stand and place my hand over my heart (which is 100% of the time) it's because I love my country and I'm grateful for my rights and freedoms.

We have Veterans Day and Memorial Day to honor those who fought and those who died.

There is no true history book that says what Ali did was "wrong," nor is there any history book that says he, "got what he deserved."

agreed on your posts in this thread with the comical twist.

And he dodged the draft and was denied ability to box for it. Both within the legality of the law for his action/reaction. What he did was wrong.

Lest we forget W, the Kennedys and so many others dodged the drafy

There is no true history book that says what Ali did was "wrong," nor is there any history book that says he, "got what he deserved."

Not only is there no book saying what Ali did was wrong, there is a record of the SCOTUS overturning his conviction for draft evasion. The draft board was wrong and should have granted him the conscientious objector status he sought. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of legal history.

I just spend the evening with a friend who was in 10th Mountain during Black Hawk Down. I was talking to him about this thread and he can't believe how many people under appreciate what he went through.

That goes for all Vets. I know personally having fought in Iraq, and Afghanistan it is disturbing. On the other hand we did it to preserve what some people blatantly use as an excuse to exercise an agenda. I am all for people using their freedom of speech, just have a little class.

I'll share 3 experiences from the city of Chicago...

My car got badly sideswiped while parked in the city just as I was about to get in. I did then jump in and chase the sonofabitch a couple miles and pulled him over. The police were called from the scene and also the 2nd scene where he briefly stopped but refused to stay. He took off again but I had name and license plate number. Police came to original scene, I filed report and asked that hit and run charges be filed. Chicago refused to pursue it, it never became a case, they told me that they don't have time. $9K in damage.

My daughter's wallet was stolen recently while riding train in the city. She reported it a couple hours later, police blew her off. She contacted a store where her CC was used and manager looked at video tape with a clear view of the person. She called the police with this info and they said, sorry, can't help you, bigger fish to fry.

While in downtown Chicago and parked, friends car was broken into, briefcase taken with ipad. Called police who wouldn't even send an officer out to the scene. Friend did a locate on the ipad and located ipad a couple hours later in a "very bad neighborhood". Called police who told friend they would not pursue and instructed friend not to try and recover the ipad themselves.

1st 2 instances above were committed by minorities and very likely the 3rd given location of stolen property. Point is that crimes like these in big cities are most likely under-reported in statistics and minorities are probably involved in crimes in big cities more than what reported data shows.

So you counter data with anecdotes... Solid Reasoning.

How ironic that the ones most vehemently blasting Kap are most likely to be supporters of a certain Presidential candidate who took every deferment in the book to get out of serving his country (one of the deferments being a bogus bone spur), trashed POWs saying he liked the men who didn't get captured, and trashed a Gold Star family and has refused to apologize. This isn't the United States of America, it's the United States of Cognitive Dissonance.

Love it.. I want to see more people protest what this country is becoming..To me its about wallstreet abuse and the politicians who kowtow to it..Way to much money pouring into politics and way to many people unwilling to stand up to it but would rather whine about all the other BS

What if White America stands up to protest? Then what is it called ?

The best thing we can do is to simply ignore the attention-seekers. The Klan wants to come to your town? If nobody shows up, they don't get what they want. Someone burns a flag in public? Don't give them a second of your time...wasted effort.

agreed on your posts in this thread with the comical twist.

And he dodged the draft and was denied ability to box for it. Both within the legality of the law for his action/reaction. What he did was wrong.

Not in the eyes of the US Supreme Court... but details have a way of derailing an emotional plea.

Not only is there no book saying what Ali did was wrong, there is a record of the SCOTUS overturning his conviction for draft evasion. The draft board was wrong and should have granted him the conscientious objector status he sought. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of legal history.

Beat me to it. :beer: