Surprise Cuts - 2016

Probably a bit premature but every year we go through who our surprise cuts are. Who's yours?

Offense - I'm going with Goodwin. I think the last not contact injury was the final straw. Hope for him to be able to stay on the field has to be dwindled.

Defense - Robey-Coleman. I just get this feeling that he's in trouble.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think there will be many this year. There's not a Fred Jackson candidate out there in my book and this team feels poised to hold onto vets.

Fwiw- not a huge surprise, but I think Velasco is a goner and he was an FA signing. O'leary probably cut too. Don't think anyone of great noteriety goes with the possible exception of Felton.

For 2 years I have been saying get rid of Goodwin and he just keeps stickin around. Not only is he always injured but he runs awful routes, cant adjust on the ball, and doesnt block. I hope this is it for him. Felton holding the ball like a loaf of bread on that goal line fumble last game doesnt help him. Williams could just about do Feltons job.

Edited by billsfan_34

Yea Velasco on name value will be a surprise but on watching the pre-season play not at all.

I am hearing enough voices to suggest Robert Blanton is not absolutely safe which would be a surprise. He is behind Duke and Colt Anderson will make it for his teams ability.... so Blanton only stays if they carry 5 safties.

I'm not going to call it a surprise if Goodwin gets cut. He cannot stay available. At some point, the team has to get sick of him being hurt. The others you guys mentioned seems pretty obvious and agree.

Karlos was definitely the surprise with the production we had from him last year. With his suspension, he had time to get in shape, which tells me there is more to the story. They must have felt he was not properly motivated to get in tip top shape.

Goodwin isn't getting cut. He's been running with the 1's and Rex likes him. He isn't a part of the receiver competition (like it or not). He's a lock.

If you want surprise candidates: Dez Lewis, Felton & Blanton would be my answers. A month ago Lewis looked like he'd be the #3 and he hasn't done anything since. Felton (and Gronk) just aren't good. One of them will make the team but both stink. Blanton was a guy that was thought to have a shot at starting next to AW. He's much further down the depth chart now.

Goodwin isn't getting cut. He's been running with the 1's and Rex likes him. He isn't a part of the receiver competition (like it or not). He's a lock.

If you want surprise candidates: Dez Lewis, Felton & Blanton would be my answers. A month ago Lewis looked like he'd be the #3 and he hasn't done anything since. Felton (and Gronk) just aren't good. One of them will make the team but both stink. Blanton was a guy that was thought to have a shot at starting next to AW. He's much further down the depth chart now.

I'm not sure about Blanton getting cut. I think the Bills keep 4 safeties, A. Williams, D. Williams, Blanton and Graham. Meeks is a goner, he looked horrible and C. White bailed him out a bunch last game. I'd guess a total of 10 DBs kept by the Bills with Gilmore, Darby, Seymour, Robey-Coleman, White and Moore being the CBs kept.

Kyle.

I think this is his last season here, but I'd sure be surprised if he was let go this season.

Karlos was certainly a surprise.

I don't know who would really shock me. None of the WRs outside of Sammy and Woods would be a surprise cut. Dray might get the boot, but that would not be much of a surprise to me.

I'm not sure about Blanton getting cut. I think the Bills keep 4 safeties, A. Williams, D. Williams, Blanton and Graham. Meeks is a goner, he looked horrible and C. White bailed him out a bunch last game. I'd guess a total of 10 DBs kept by the Bills with Gilmore, Darby, Seymour, Robey-Coleman, White and Moore being the CBs kept.

Colt Anderson is making the team because of his special team excellence. So Blanton would mean 5 safeties. He is in competition with the likes of Sterling Moore and Mario Butler for me... it is 6th corner v 5th safety.

Yeah, I think that he may make the team too but I have him behind Colt Anderson now. I was just naming guys to watch for. I think Felton probably makes it too. There won't be many surprises.

Colt Anderson is making the team because of his special team excellence. So Blanton would mean 5 safeties. He is in competition with the likes of Sterling Moore and Mario Butler for me... it is 6th corner v 5th safety.

That's fair