Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, nothing's more terrifying than Chris Hogan. We aren't all prisoners of the moment.

Good players leave while we see our roster packed with talents like Reggie bush. He was fear inspiring today... Wasn't he?

People don't get it. Beli is beating a top nfc contender early 10 zip because they understand how to zero in on capability and build a pro system.

The more I see the more obvi it is. We have a Carmax sales manager running our team.

It's a JV team and all the varsity guys go elsewhere unless they get redic contracts.

But let's disparage a guy that got a td in a prime time game because Sammy, I mean woody, I mean clay, I mean glasswin.... Oh wait they did nothing today... Against a much much worse d.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Good players leave while we see our roster packed with talents like Reggie bush. He was fear inspiring today... Wasn't he?

People don't get it. Beli is beating a top nfc contender early 10 zip because they understand how to zero in on capability and build a pro system.

The more I see the more obvi it is. We have a Carmax sales manager running our team.

It's a JV team and all the varsity guys go elsewhere unless they get redic contracts

That's what you get when you run one offensive system for 14-15 years. It's a lot easier to shop for the groceries. Anyway, it's predictable that CH would do better in that offense than in Buffalo's. I still would not have paid him what the Pats were going to pay him. You wouldn't get that value out of him in this Offense. Good luck to him, I doubt anyone here hates him - except that now he went to the dark side . Lol

That's what you get when you run one offensive system for 14-15 years. It's a lot easier to shop for the groceries. Anyway, it's predictable that CH would do better in that offense than in Buffalo's. I still would not have paid him what the Pats were going to pay him. You wouldn't get that value out of him in this Offense. Good luck to him, I doubt anyone here hates him - except that now he went to the dark side . Lol

See I agree with you. Hogan is a great fit for NE. He just ripped off another huge gain as I type. Great coaches know how to capitalize on strengths.

We've watched the bilz field the fastest WR in the NFL then check down for 4 qtrs.

They lead the league in squandered, unapplied or misfit talent...

I've always said he's pretty good. No surprise to me. I'll take belichick's evaluation skills over whaley's any day of the week.

I'm fine with the take that I wouldn't lose sleep over losing him but also would have given him the second round tender given our roster

Sitting here watching Hogan have a good game.

How bad is Whaley? How many times has he struck out? Manuel, Marijuana users / Head cases, Shoulder Injuries (Shaq), Freddy Jacksom, etc.

And you are watching him have a game that he would not have in Buffalo. The Bills don't run that precision offense, with pick plays and WRs running free underneath into passes being thrown to spots they are not in yet. They haven't had a QB capable of running it. Not defending Whaley, but there is no way the cost of matching NE contract for Hogan would have equaled production value for the Bills. Just reality.

I'm fine with the take that I wouldn't lose sleep over losing him but also would have given him the second round tender given our roster

Bills gave him the required tender. NE blew it out of the water $$ wise. Just wouldn't have made sense in this offense. You'd wonder why they were paying that guy that much $$ for his production in this offense.

This is a ridiculous thread. Hogan is a decent player, but would not have been worth it for the Bills at $5.5 million cap hit this year. Both of his plays today were ok, but more the result of the Pats* play design than anything special that he brings to the table.

And you are watching him have a game that he would not have in Buffalo. The Bills don't run that precision offense, with pick plays and WRs running free underneath into passes being thrown to spots they are not in yet. They haven't had a QB capable of running it. Not defending Whaley, but there is no way the cost of matching NE contract for Hogan would have equaled production value for the Bills. Just reality.

Bills gave him the required tender. NE blew it out of the water $$ wise. Just wouldn't have made sense in this offense. You'd wonder why they were paying that guy that much $$ for his production in this offense.

We gave him the lowest tender (round drafted in als compensation, so as a udfa just right of first refusal). For a little more we would've gotten a 2nd round pick if he left (i.e. He wouldn't get any offers)

We gave him the lowest tender (round drafted in als compensation, so as a udfa just right of first refusal). For a little more we would've gotten a 2nd round pick if he left (i.e. He wouldn't get any offers)

. Well, I doubt NE would have given up a 2nd rounder for hogan. He was a FA pickup for the Bills. NE loves their draft picks, they would have just drafted a guy. It wouldn't have be fitted the Bills at all. They had a certain value on what he could produce in this offense with this QB.

This is a ridiculous thread. Hogan is a decent player, but would not have been worth it for the Bills at $5.5 million cap hit this year. Both of his plays today were ok, but more the result of the Pats* play design than anything special that he brings to the table.

Agreed. The results of Pats offensive play design that works with the caliber of QB they have. The Bills don't have that guy. How much was CH production here worth ? Not 5 mil.

Yet their record since 2001 is what it is.

Might have something to do with the QB and coach.

I recognize their Lombardi trophies marked with four of these **** because of the propensity to cheat and bend the rules.

So, what's your convenient explanation that Hogan has exploited an excellent Arizona defense on the road with a backup QB? Lemme guess... a *.

. Well, I doubt NE would have given up a 2nd rounder for hogan. He was a FA pickup for the Bills. NE loves their draft picks, they would have just drafted a guy. It wouldn't have be fitted the Bills at all. They had a certain value on what he could produce in this offense with this QB.

We tendered at 1.7m, and the 2nd round was 2.5m

So apparently it was a pretty specific value cut off right around 2m for the team.