Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was injured last year, I think he was worth the money the Pat's are paying him and with Brady at QB I think he'll be good for 80 grabs this year.

I really would have been ok with keeping our top three of Watkins, Woods and Hogan.

How many grabs would he be good for if our quarterbacks are throwing to him?

How many grabs would he be good for if our quarterbacks are throwing to him?

This year, 45-50.

And a number of them on third down.

Additionally, I never can shake that without him we would have been 8-8 in 2014, with a 16-10 loss to the Vikes.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I have 3 fond memories of Chris. The first is my drunk friend Dan doing a hulk hogan impression whenever Chris did anything. The second was that catch against the Vikings and then the third would be him spiking the ball against the Dolphins week three (I don't know why this stands out probably because it added character to a guy with no personality). So really he hasn't done anything to warrent what the pats are paying him.

I defended Chris Hogan tooth and nail in the great darick debate. That said my argument was only that he deserved to be on the team as he outperformed and outworked Darick. That said I won't miss Hogan. Bottom of the depth chart guys churn all the time in this league.

"Hold me back!" - Kirby

In a lot of ways this thread speaks to my dislike for Hogan. I felt the same way with Chandler. A below average NFL player isn't all of a sudden going to become great because he has Brady. That arrogant little punk will be the same guy that he has always been and no one will miss him.

I don't know if he's better than out mid-tier receivers or not. He's more reliable but Goodwin (as an example) is so much more feared by DC's. That was my issue with Hogan (and Woods) as players. They just don't have any skill that puts fear into you. No one ever game plans for those guys.

Melvin Fowler is the only Bills player that I knew that I liked less than Hogan. I don't know if I've ever brought it up here but that guy was a jerk.

Edited by Kirby Jackson