Brandon Spikes signs with Bills

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely he can be an asset, but to think his loss was a huge reason for the defensive drop last season is a joke in my opinion.

Watching our Safeties without Aaron Williams last year was a joke.

Corey Graham got very little help, and got beat badly at times last year. It was embarrassing.

AW's loss wasn't the only reason the defense looked bad. But not having him out there did hurt us.

I liked Spikes in his first go around with the Bills. Hopefully he's out there smacking RB's in the mouth again. :thumbsup:

I just thought it was very smart on the aquisition......I was pleasant suprised how good a shape he was in.....

We expected solid run stop from Ragland...they replaced him in the lineup with a solid run stop vet linebacker

I am very happy with this move. The attitude he brought in 2014 was sorely missed in 2015.

truth

@joebuscaglia

Brandon Spikes: They don't judge a man by what he's doing, they judge him on what he does after he gets punched in the mouth and falls down.

Smells of desperation to me.

There is a reason Spikes was not signed; mainly, because he's just not a very good linebacker. He can hit, he just can't move very well.

But most discouraging of all, this means Ragland's injury is serious. Ugh!

When talking about stopping runs between the tackles, he's your guy. Anything else you're hosed.

Aka he better not get caught out there in a coverage situation

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Smells of desperation to me.

There is a reason Spikes was not signed; mainly, because he's just not a very good linebacker. He can hit, he just can't move very well.

But most discouraging of all, this means Ragland's injury is serious. Ugh!

That is a interesting take

Exactly what do you expect from a linebacker?

I know it's been mentioned in other threads, but Spikes looks lean. For all the talk about "liability in coverage" if his role in to just plow the gaps with Lawson and P Brown in coverage (they are decent, not great) and Z. Brown coming in for nickel I'm ok with it as a shirt term solution at least.

Should have never let Spikes go after he played well in 2014. As a two down thumper who was pretty affordable he helped bring a physicality and strong run defense to the team. He also seemed to gel in the locker room if I remember correctly. I honestly believe that Preston's Brown's regression in part could be attributed to not having Spikes be that thumper on early downs. Brown's specialty wasn't thumping the run on early downs that was done by Spikes (Of course Rex's system change didn't help Brown either).

I like this signing, Spikes will bring to the thin linebacker core someone that can thump and stuff the run early on downs, in part that was what Ragland was brought in to do. I really like this singing, I think the defense would have been better having Spikes last year so having him this year will help lessen the loss of Ragland. And if Ragland only misses 2-4 games Spikes then slides into a depth rose at a position where some nice depth could be used.

Should have never let Spikes go after he played well in 2014. As a two down thumper who was pretty affordable he helped bring a physicality and strong run defense to the team. He also seemed to gel in the locker room if I remember correctly. I honestly believe that Preston's Brown's regression in part could be attributed to not having Spikes be that thumper on early downs. Brown's specialty wasn't thumping the run on early downs that was done by Spikes (Of course Rex's system change didn't help Brown either).

I like this signing, Spikes will bring to the thin linebacker core someone that can thump and stuff the run early on downs, in part that was what Ragland was brought in to do. I really like this singing, I think the defense would have been better having Spikes last year so having him this year will help lessen the loss of Ragland. And if Ragland only misses 2-4 games Spikes then slides into a depth rose at a position where some nice depth could be used.

You just like saying "thump" - admit it.

I just thought it was very smart on the aquisition......I was pleasant suprised how good a shape he was in.....

We expected solid run stop from Ragland...they replaced him in the lineup with a solid run stop vet linebacker

Agreed :thumbsup: I believe having him back on the field will help this defense imo.