Brandon Spikes signs with Bills

Yes, and I'm just seeing that. So... those numbers could be wrong.

If they are, what my eyes tell me from watching games is AWill plays much faster. Not as scientific but it seems pretty evident to me when I'm watching tape.

:bag::oops:

Don't get me wrong, I like what you bring to the table in general. I do think you've fallen into focusing too much on 'catching' #BadGuy, and I get it, its tempting. :lol: There was a time when I traveled that same path, now I just appreciate, because at the very least, you know with him you're not going to read the same old stuff. Keep posting, brother.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to chill, dude.

Protesting far too much over little things.

Maybe Kelly being back will help cool your jets some.

Totally out of control with the trolling.

When you look at them on the field you can see that Aaron Williams is far more instinctive......

I mean.....I really wanted Duke Williams to work out.....I like his size...he is a hitter....but he loses him assignments in coverage SOO MUCH

I actually at one point had these visions of the WIlliams brothers safety tandem.....its not gonna work out that way

You need to chill, dude.

Protesting far too much over little things.

Maybe Kelly being back will help cool your jets some.

Totally out of control with the trolling.

I'm completely chill, thanks though.

The last person I'm going to take advice from about my mental stability is the guy who consistently lies, welshes on bets, and clearly suffers from extreme narcissism matched only by his ability to bloviate and change the subject when he knows he's lost.

Don't get me wrong, I like what you bring to the table in general. I do think you've fallen into focusing too much on 'catching' #BadGuy, and I get it, its tempting. :lol: There was a time when I traveled that same path, now I just appreciate, because at the very least, you know with him you're not going to read the same old stuff. Keep posting, brother.

:beer:

Typically, perhaps intentionally, you fail to address the point I was making.

But, I'll answer yours...please, oh please, tell me where in the off season the Bills were going to get these blanket covering MLBs?

What is your solution using the past entire off season and all available players?

I didn't say there was a easy fix, players like Luke and Marshall are rare. Marshall was a free agent, I wanted him..Denver retained him. I'm not sure if he was an RFA, my memory isn't great. Marshall got paid and deservedly so. I certainly thought we could have better spent our draft picks but i have been through that and you were part of the conversation.

I wasn't badgering the organization, I was critical when we got bigger and slower in the draft. I stand by that. No biggie we all have our likes and dislikes. I commented on a poster who was implying that you can substitute one dimensional players and solidify the position. It's just not that simple, it's easily manipulated by good teams. I want to beat the Pats, not play around in mediocrity.

From draft day on I said Ragland and Zach Brown would have been a better combo than Ragland and Preston. It's harder to dictate match ups when a defense is well rounded. All our talent outside suffers when teams can control the middle of the field.

I didn't say there was a easy fix, players like Luke and Marshall are rare. Marshall was a free agent, I wanted him..Denver retained him. I'm not sure if he was an RFA, my memory isn't great. Marshall got paid and deservedly so. I certainly thought we could have better spent our draft picks but i have been through that and you were part of the conversation.

I wasn't badgering the organization, I was critical when we got bigger and slower in the draft. I stand by that. No biggie we all have our likes and dislikes. I commented on a poster who was implying that you can substitute one dimensional players and solidify the position. It's just not that simple, it's easily manipulated by good teams. I want to beat the Pats, not play around in mediocrity.

From draft day on I said Ragland and Zach Brown would have been a better combo than Ragland and Preston. It's harder to dictate match ups when a defense is well rounded. All our talent outside suffers when teams can control the middle of the field.

:thumbsup: I'm cranky today, back is killing me.

I generally liked our draft, and I like the signing of Spikes even if he is never on the field (he will be, I know). My expectations for the team are rising, irrationally, as they do as we near the start of every season. We need to offense to take a step forward and I think that's a possibility and we need the defense to at least threaten the top 10.

When you look at them on the field you can see that Aaron Williams is far more instinctive......

I mean.....I really wanted Duke Williams to work out.....I like his size...he is a hitter....but he loses him assignments in coverage SOO MUCH

I actually at one point had these visions of the WIlliams brothers safety tandem.....its not gonna work out that way

That's well and good John.......but I just said I'd like to see if Duke Williams improves because he is the most physically talented safety on the roster.

That's all.

Nothing about instincts or comparing his performance to Graham or Williams. :doh:

Greggo always wants to blow every take out of proportion and you are feeding the troll by commenting without actually reading what he was trolling about. :thumbsup:

That's well and good John.......but I just said I'd like to see if Duke Williams improves because he is the most physically talented safety on the roster.

That's all.

Nothing about instincts or comparing his performance to Graham or Williams. :doh:

Greggo always wants to blow every take out of proportion and you are feeding the troll by commenting without actually reading what he was trolling about. :thumbsup:

Im actually not getting in the two of you conversation......Deranged can take care of himself.

Just my observations between the two Williams.

I actually like Robert Blanton a lot as well....so I think we are pretty good at safety.

:thumbsup: I'm cranky today, back is killing me.

I generally liked our draft, and I like the signing of Spikes even if he is never on the field (he will be, I know). My expectations for the team are rising, irrationally, as they do as we near the start of every season. We need to offense to take a step forward and I think that's a possibility and we need the defense to at least threaten the top 10.

It's all good! For what it's worth I'm excited about the offense as well. Like you said it's almost the time of year that we convince ourselves that things will be different this time around. I'm getting there, it just takes a little longer these days.

That's all.

The Duke is SLOW....

Why is there more discussion about Duke Williams in this thread than B Spikes? :P

I'm all for welcoming Spikes back. Hope he brings his attitude, and it seems like he knows he's got another chance and wants to make the most of it which is an extremely positive thing as well.

I am late to the Spikes Partay.

Damn i am delighted Bills giving him a chance to Thump for us again.

yelled his name last year before the season. i am big fan of his.

Thing is with his "slowness" is that he is so instinctive he is moving to the ball before its snapped. that makes up for his foot speed.

When he gets exposed is on "broken " plays.

Gosh i am glad Brandon is back. i was worried when he got into off season trouble he had given up on himself.

This made my day !!

Good on you Whaley, even if camp fodder. Giving the Man a chance i just fantastic to me.

Get the feeling B Spikes will be giving it his All for the Bills.

did i mention i love the old school football and hats hitting hats at the LOS?

Brandon Spikes is probably the best sideline and on-field cheerleader in the NFL- he really raises the level of team spirit. I wished the Bills would have re-signed him last season. But he is kind of a one-dimensional oddity in the league- a run stuffing LB who isn't fast enough in coverage or rushing.

Hopefully the defense can compensate and not let him become a two-down pass coverage liability.

I'm still trying to figure out if Spikes coming from a sabbatical year is a positive or a negative. I mean his body must be rested, heatlhy and ready to go but how long until he gets in football shape?

I'm still trying to figure out if Spikes coming from a sabbatical year is a positive or a negative. I mean his body must be rested, heatlhy and ready to go but how long until he gets in football shape?

Think about Cognito.

Feel better?

I am late to the Spikes Partay.

Damn i am delighted Bills giving him a chance to Thump for us again.

yelled his name last year before the season. i am big fan of his.

Thing is with his "slowness" is that he is so instinctive he is moving to the ball before its snapped. that makes up for his foot speed.

When he gets exposed is on "broken " plays.

Gosh i am glad Brandon is back. i was worried when he got into off season trouble he had given up on himself.

This made my day !!

Good on you Whaley, even if camp fodder. Giving the Man a chance i just fantastic to me.

Get the feeling B Spikes will be giving it his All for the Bills.

did i mention i love the old school football and hats hitting hats at the LOS?

Makes so much sense as a (possible) replacement for Ragland because we get that same downhill presence in run D that is crucial for us.

Edited by Aaron