The Birth of BillsMafia

Nice article by Janine Talley in TBN. I didn't know a lot of this.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/30/janine-talley-how-the-bills-mafia-became-a-movement/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1469921262

The Bills Mafia is a series of accidental events they were mindful enough to seize and turn into a charitable endeavor theyd like to see grow. Simply put, the Bills Mafia is an occurrence of serendipity.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills Mafia the Twitter organization (or whatever they want to be called) gets mixed in with Bills Mafia which is the name the media gives to all of the fans now. All Bills fans are referred to now as Bills Mafia even though we have nothing to do with the Bills Mafia group. Kind of confusing and no offense to Del and those guys but I'm not part of Bills Mafia but as a Bills fan I'm automatically in Bills Mafia apparently!

kidiggz - Bills Mafia the "Twitter Group" ARE the fans. And the fans are Bills Mafia. Twitter affiliated or not. Just because it started with Twitter, doesn't mean you aren't called part of the Mafia. If you are a fan of the Bills, you're now part of the Mafia.. It's not like they only want those who use twitter to call themselves #BillsMafia lol

kidiggz - Bills Mafia the "Twitter Group" ARE the fans. And the fans are Bills Mafia. Twitter affiliated or not. Just because it started with Twitter, doesn't mean you aren't called part of the Mafia. If you are a fan of the Bills, you're now part of the Mafia.. It's not like they only want those who use twitter to call themselves #BillsMafia lol

Damn. I had no idea about all this.

I don't do cell phones or twitterverse, but I still get to be in the Gang?

another nice write up by Janine T btw

It's nice that Bills fans have a distinctive national handle. It's better than (Your team here) Nation.

Damn. I had no idea about all this.

I don't do cell phones or twitterverse, but I still get to be in the Gang?

another nice write up by Janine T btw

Yes sir!

It's nice that Bills fans have a distinctive national handle. It's better than (Your team here) Nation.

I couldn't agree more. Anything that sets ourselves apart from the rest of the world is definitely a plus. Especially our rabid fanbase, which actually does a phenomenal job by ourselves haha

Edited by DukeyBomb

Yeah I agree. You don't have to be a part of that twitter group or be in anyway related to them to be called "Bills Mafia." At this point Bills Mafia is just synonymous with "Raider Nation" or "Bird Gang" and so on.

Yes sir!

I couldn't agree more. Anything that sets ourselves apart from the rest of the world is definitely a plus. Especially our rabid fanbase, which actually does a phenomenal job by ourselves haha

Thanks.

do we get to flash signs 0:)

Janine Talley, wife of Buffalo Bills great Darryl Talley, writes an occasional column for The Buffalo News.

Very articulate and thoughtful Woman.

I'll vouch for pretty much everything in that article. Del is just a genuinely good person -- he also started the "26 shirts" charity in which a custom-created shirt representing some aspect of Buffalo sports is released for a limited time, with proceeds benefiting a family struck by disaster/illness. It was such a hit in Buffalo that he has expanded to Chicago and I think somewhere else (maybe Pittsburgh?).

Bre is hilarious -- he'll mix it up with anyone, and he created one of the best Bills-related tweets of all time after the Bills beat the Vikings at home in 2014 on the last second Orton-to-Watkins TD. Research it -- unbelievably funny.

Bills Mafia is here to stay.

I'll vouch for pretty much everything in that article. Del is just a genuinely good person -- he also started the "26 shirts" charity in which a custom-created shirt representing some aspect of Buffalo sports is released for a limited time, with proceeds benefiting a family struck by disaster/illness. It was such a hit in Buffalo that he has expanded to Chicago and I think somewhere else (maybe Pittsburgh?).

Bre is hilarious -- he'll mix it up with anyone, and he created one of the best Bills-related tweets of all time after the Bills beat the Vikings at home in 2014 on the last second Orton-to-Watkins TD. Research it -- unbelievably funny.

Bills Mafia is here to stay.

I want to know about Leslie. Does she have any tattoos? What's her favorite player? Is she married? Does she live in Niagara County (think dabout it)? Is she a good cook? You seem to know a lot about the guys but are withholding info about Leslie. What gives? Edited by Hammered a Lot

I never cared for the name despite bleeding red, white, and blue; it always seemed a forced way to classify us like Raider Nation.

Well, since that's not at all how it came to be you should feel relieved.

I've kvetched about this on here before - Bills Mafia is a stupid name with an embarrassing origin story. Whining about an Adam Schefter tweet? "Defending" our player? It's lame.

I like how they donate money to charities, and I appreciate anything that bonds the fan base... I just wish it didn't have to be so damn corny.

I never cared for the name despite bleeding red, white, and blue; it always seemed a forced way to classify us like Raider Nation.

I still loath Seattle for stealing our 12th man

Stop loathing Seattle! In fact, both the Bills and Seahawks stole the name from Texas A&M which has used the "12th man" since 1921 and has trademarked the term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12th_man_(football)