Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing will change for this franchise unless Rex decides to play fast on offense and maximize Tyrod's potential by telling him to gain chunks of yardage with his feet whenever possible. Handing off to RBs 60% of the time in today's NFL is for losers. We will know if this team is going anywhere in the first couple weeks.

You know you could have at least been a little more creative

WGR was really trying to find ways to bash the contract this morning. Anyone else catch that? Not sure if just to drum up callers.

I don't think that they understand it. It is like Colin Cowherd. It's strange to me that you have people controlling a conversation on a topic that the audience understands better than the host.

Can you imagine if this was politics? The candidate was just spouting off a bunch of things and the people in the crowd are actually like, "well that's not true. I don't think that this guy/woman know what he/she is talking about?" Take it a step further and make it a car salesman. Imagine buying a car and the guy is running through a bunch of features for you but you actually are the one educating him on what they are. It is an odd dynamic when the audience's understanding exceeds that of the people controlling the conversation.

I don't think that they understand it. It is like Colin Cowherd. It's strange to me that you have people controlling a conversation on a topic that the audience understands better than the host.

Can you imagine if this was politics? The candidate was just spouting off a bunch of things and the people in the crowd are actually like, "well that's not true. I don't think that this guy/woman know what he/she is talking about?" Take it a step further and make it a car salesman. Imagine buying a car and the guy is running through a bunch of features for you but you actually are the one educating him on what they are. It is an odd dynamic when the audience's understanding exceeds that of the people controlling the conversation.

That is happening. It's called the Trump campaign.

Here it is

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor/

• Annual Bonus: $250,000 (50% playing time in the Super Bowl)
  • Annual Base Escalator: $2.75M (playoff games, passing/rushing yard thresholds)

Not sure why they call it a 5-year $90M deal when it's really a 6-year $92M deal (or more precisely a 1-year $9.5M deal with an option to be extended another 5-years for $82.5M).

With all the news coming out recently Tyrod was pretty smart to take this contract.

With the previous contract he didn't have the luxury of the Bills being bad this year and still getting paid. Now he doesn't have to worry about that outcome.

If you look at how the contract is structured, you wouldn't say such silly things. :lol: