Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

LMAO

OK, well either way, we see how it worked out.

All the talk on the pick at the time was whether or not we reached, and we did, at least in hindsight. Anyone that did any real homework on Manuel knew he wasn't going to amount to much. I know, I know, no one could have known. That's the difference between me, the "resident troll" and you and your nonsense.

There are indicators, but if you close your eyes to them, well, then they aren't indicators. Fans here and our FO are great eye-closers.

Either way, it was Whaley's pick, which I notice you didn't address, and he failed miserably with it. Or are you now insisting that Manuel is anything but someone with one foot out of this league as a QB?

Please say yes.

Correct. Which would tie TT to this team regardless of whether or not he starts or whatever his circumstances are.

Do you think he signed something like that?

I don't know, perhaps he did, but as I see it, he'd have to be a fool to do that.

So do you, are you insisting, without formal knowledge of the situation, that he did that?

If not, back off.

LMAO

OK, well either way, we see how it worked out.

All the talk on the pick at the time was whether or not we reached, and we did, at least in hindsight. Anyone that did any real homework on Manuel knew he wasn't going to amount to much. I know, I know, no one could have known. That's the difference between me, the "resident troll" and you and your nonsense.

There are indicators, but if you close your eyes to them, well, then they aren't indicators. Fans here and our FO are great eye-closers.

Either way, it was Whaley's pick, which I notice you didn't address, and he failed miserably with it. Or are you now insisting that Manuel is anything but someone with one foot out of this league as a QB?

Please say yes.

I was the first one to say Whaley was in the Kirk chair for that draft when it happened. It was Whaley's pick all the way. There was no reason to bring it up. I see why YOU brought it up as you need to conflate the subject of every ongoing "discussion" you are having with someone with every other "discussion" you're having with anyone else. Stay on point here. This is about Manuel and Manuel only and I don't care what else you're arguing with others.

"At least in hindsight." Enough said. You are another hindsight genius. Real people who work with real player evaluations in the real world don't have that luxury. Your lack of appreciation for that is not surprising given the tenor of your "discussions" though. That said, I don't think Manuel has one foot out the door as of yet. He will be a reclamation project for some other team and there is a living to be made as a backup in this league and that door hasn't been slammed shut to this point.

Anyone that did any real homework? That's laughable. I'll be sure to tell that to my friends in the field. Again, your lack of respect for the process is not surprising as it often takes a working knowledge of a process to appreciate it. But hey, you have the Greg Cosell's of the world to inform your opinion, so good on you.

What are these "indicators" you speak of? I mean other than the fact that Whaley or anyone else in charge have yet to experience success with this team? We all know that. Doesn't mean mature, reasonable people have to trash every effort they make, successful or not. Not that you're mature and reasonable.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those numbers at the top and bottom of the screen are page numbers, you can click on them to jump to the last page of the thread which will have the most up to date news and HOT TAKES!

Why are good posters responding to the troll still?

Seriously. The good posters should not be engaging the troll. Let me do it.

OT, but this thread is an example of why I hate it when speculation threads turn into news threads... you have to wade through pages of outdated discussion, leaks, and bickering until you find the spot where the most recent news got reported.

Right. I just want the damn news on the front page so I dont actually have to read the trolling and grumpy old folks before I can reply on my own to whatever happened.

Seriously. The good posters should not be engaging the troll. Let me do it.

:lol:

Florio takes the angle that it is structured to make a potential regime change more smooth

@profootballtalk

"Buyout options" in Tyrod Taylor's deal underscore the possibility for big changes in Buffalo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/12/buyout-options-in-tyrod-taylor-deal-underscore-possible-changes-in-buffalo/

That is not an unfair take by Florio and that's coming from someone who rarely has anything good to say about the tripe he puts out for consumption.

Nothing like paying a QB with the build of a slot receiver $90 million. To say nothing of being injury prone, and not throwing over the middle. But heh, it's Pegula's money, right?

And we could've had Paxton Lynch to develop.

And the beat goes on...

A nice contract from what I am reading with a friendly deal in year 1, big payoff in year 2, and very team friendly deal thereafter. Everyone wins if he blows it out this year. After 30 regular season games we'll know if he is the next Jim Kelly.

Can't wait for tomorrow night, or actually later for me. I have recorded the replays as I'm nonot paying again for preseason games as I did in the past not living in WNY.

it would almost be unreasonable not to acknowledge that as part of it all

It is part of it all as you say, but I believe it's a byproduct of the deal as it's structured and not deliberate. I still maintain the two major goals were to have a cushion while TT proves himself and the freedom to tag Gilmore if it comes to that, which is what I thought in my first post in this thread weeks ago.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm very happy about this. Risks? Absolutely. But if you look at the qb purgatory we've been in, the deal Osweiler got for doing so much less, and the reality of qb deals and power of the position....this is an all around win. The $10 mil buy outs give TT some financial stability in case he doesn't pan out or get hurt. Better $10 mil than just getting cut.

Great job everyone.

Now, who do I fight with on here? I'm missing out. I can get negative real quick.

Bring back Fitz. Why aren't we giving EJ another chance? Tom Hanks is overrated.

It is part of it all as you say, but I believe it's a byproduct of the deal as it's structured and not deliberate. I still maintain the two major goals were to have a cushion while TT proves himself and the freedom to tag Gilmore if it comes to that, which is what I thought in my first post in this thread weeks ago.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with this..Andy Dalton had a similar structure if i recall correctly...and Marvin Lewis aint going anywhere. Does it help if Rex and Whaley get fired..absolutely. Does it help if Taylor stinks up the joint but Rex is still retained..absolutely.

BTW, the dudes on NFL live at 3PM were yapping about this same scenario at 3:15...Florio just ripping off their idea as he posted at 4PM. They all just looking for clicks

Nothing like paying a QB with the build of a slot receiver $90 million. To say nothing of being injury prone, and not throwing over the middle. But heh, it's Pegula's money, right?

And we could've had Paxton Lynch to develop.

And the beat goes on...

If that QB built like a slot receiver actually receives $90m from this contract, you will have been extremely pleased that he did because it will be for all the right reasons.

In the meantime, that $9.5 we are paying him this year is a bargain no matter how you slice it.

My one concern is this: with such a big hit in year 2 how do we afford to keep Gilmore? I know we have a lot of dead money coming in but that is all going to be gobbled up really fast. Are they just giving up on him?

The year 2 hit might be changed to a signing bonus over 5 years is a guess.

I have had a really horrible couple of days for one reason and another.... but this is good news. I, like Bandit, was happy with a deal that still had plenty of "prove it" in it one way or the other. This looks like a really good deal for the Bills.

Now it is on Tyrod.... I don't get the slightest impression that he is the kind of guy who will take the money and lose his focus doesn't appear to be his personality at all. For tonight I am going to celebrate this news and believe that the search is over....... I hope to God I still feel like that come January, ideally after watching Tyrod win his first play-off game.