Rams release Nick Foles--update signs with KC

Without reading one post in this thread, let me begin by asking the moderators to close this thread.

jw

That made me laugh. Now get a good night sleep, we all want you there for the very exciting rookie arrival day.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, we're stuck with EJ whether you like it or not. His contract is paid for given the rookie deals so now it's wait out the year, hope he plays well if he has to come in, but better yet he doesn't have to play.

He's worn out in Buffalo, and maybe someone else will take him as a back up.

Just to play devil's advocate, Foles had a 69.0 QB rating last year. EJ had a 78.5 rating.

Foles did not look sharp in the 11 games he played last year for the Rams.

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason to expect he would be a better backup than EJ. Damaged goods in my opinion.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!

@ProFootballTalk

Jaworski would take Nick Foles over Russell Wilson and it's "not even close"

http://t.co/qwfDR8vJt3

In all fairness, that was two years ago and after Foles had a ridiculous season in '13 and before Russell Wilson had one of the best second halves of a season in history last year. If Jaws still felt that way today, I'd be surprised.

GO BILLS!!!

Just goes to show you just how much of a unicorn a good consistant QB is

This guy was lighting the NFL on fire a couple of years ago

Chip Kelly.

And he was masterful at sacking himself.

When Johnson was with Washington, Steve Spurrier, the coach at the time, was asked by the press if Johnson might get a start since they were struggling at QB. Spurrier said that Johnson needed to figure out which direction the offense was supposed to go first.

He was kind of horrid last year, right? Still better than EJ? Didn't watch much Rams football in 2015, shockingly :lol:

Welp, then. That's $7M of roster and signing bonus the Rams will never see again.

I don't think he was better than EJ, but then I have a calmer perspective on EJ than many here. I did watch Rams football, and they just kind of generally sucked last year.

I didn't think Keenum looked that clearly better than Foles, and it seems strange (given the large amount of dead money they have tied up in him) that they wouldn't hang on to him through camp.

Where's the room for him on the roster with EJ's money guaranteed for 2016?

More important, if we intend to give Cardale Jones any kind of an opportunity, where are the reps for him?

Welp, then. That's $7M of roster and signing bonus the Rams will never see again.

I don't think he was better than EJ, but then I have a calmer perspective on EJ than many here. I did watch Rams football, and they just kind of generally sucked last year.

I didn't think Keenum looked that clearly better than Foles, and it seems strange (given the large amount of dead money they have tied up in him) that they wouldn't hang on to him through camp.

More important, if we intend to give Cardale Jones any kind of an opportunity, where are the reps for him?

IMO Cardale gets next to nothing this year. He's got a ways to go before any reps need to be dedicated to him. Just saying that wouldn't be a reason to not sign Foles.

The Bills really CAN'T CUT EJ! How many times do people have to post that here? His salary is guaranteed, so it makes zero sense. EJ gets paid and counts against the salary cap no matter if he's on the team or not. It isn't a complex situation to figure out.