Rams release Nick Foles--update signs with KC

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last offseason, before the Eagles traded him, I was banging down the door that we might be able to get him this offseason. I despaired when the Rams signed him long term. The difference a year makes.

Not to say I wouldn't take a sniff. I watched him a bit in Andy Reid's last year in Philly and liked what I saw. He had a nice deep sideline pass (like Tyrod) and had some wheels to get out of trouble. When he had DeSean Jackson to throw to down the sideline and Shady to help on the ground and Chip's ideas were still fresh he tore it up.

The next year, teams had enough film on Chip that they could see some tendencies. Jackson was cut for...reasons, and Maclin wasn't quite the same. Foles struggled a bit, but they were still 6-2 and only lost to the Cardinals (11-5 playoff team) and the Niners (NFC Championship game).

Then, he gets a broken collarbone, and somehow incurs the wrath of The Visor, and gets shipped off to St. Louis, with an owner looking to tear the place down in what had been the 28th ranked offense the year before.

If anything, it's a bargaining chip for keeping Tyrod. But I bet he goes to Denver.

Without reading one post in this thread, let me begin by asking the moderators to close this thread.

jw

This post made it worth scrolling through the rest. Agreed!

And he wont be cheaper than EJ and his guaranteed money, so no thanks.

Shall we call them the Foles Crowd? And where are they now, dammit?

Probably in same place where the EJ superfans are now :P Speaking of which , is BF4E going to ever return. Or has that ship pretty much sailed now. Pre-season won't be the same .

He probably does suck, but save for gurley, the rams are a black hole for offensive talent.

This bolded statement is more accurate than most realize. A 28th ranked O-line. a stinky WR corps and an OC who is also smelly. Foles was decent in Philly with a good OC, behind a good O-line and good WR corps and I doubt he would have much success in Buffalo.

I'd rather have Tyrod and EJ.

Get r done.

Your kidding right?

Foles is a special kind of awful. hes had like 12 good games, 3 years ago

He had more than "12 good games." He was THE top ranked quarterback in the NFL that year. I don't think EJ has had 12 good quarters. He's worth bringing in, regardless of the potential fact that he benefited off of Kelly's new offense.