CBS's top pot head says reefer madness needs to stop

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/its-time-for-the-no-fun-league-to-get-out-of-the-pot-policing-business/

Yes, it was collectively bargained between the league and the NFLPA. Yes, all of this is well within the league's purview. But is it really good for the NFL when fans media talking heads have to obsess over every Facebook post or periscope video or night on the town that any of their pot-smoking star players might explore?

I'd listen more if author stated what rules were in place for CBS's work place including drug testing and showed he was reefer free - he rambles making not much sense sometimes making me think he partakes too much.

No thank you.

In college someone put some MJ brownies in with other treats unknown to me and I had an allergic reaction.

For payback I put some Exlax brownies with some other treats making sure only person who slipped in treat got it; he spent party in bathroom.

If alcohol and tobacco are legal, then marijuana should be also. Less harmful and not addicting

LOL! I knew many potheads who could not function without a butt or bong. in college a classmate was told he was going to be drug tested for a position he already interviewed for and would get when he graduated but it would be after Christmas break and could not even stop smoking over the break so he could take test. He lost a position he was trying to get his entire college career and ended up changing majors in 5th year so he would not have to deal with drug testing. He reminds me of a lot of NFL players.

LOL! I knew many potheads who could not function without a butt or bong. in college a classmate was told he was going to be drug tested for a position he already interviewed for and would get when he graduated but it would be after Christmas break and could not even stop smoking over the break so he could take test. He lost a position he was trying to get his entire college career and ended up changing majors in 5th year so he would not have to deal with drug testing. He reminds me of a lot of NFL players.

Some of the highest functioning people in the world get high. It runs the gamut. Some are burnouts, some are CEO's. If you are going to test for pot, test for alcohol and nicotine.

No thank you.

In college someone put some MJ brownies in with other treats unknown to me and I had an allergic reaction.

For payback I put some Exlax brownies with some other treats making sure only person who slipped in treat got it; he spent party in bathroom.

All this proves is that you're both allergic to chocolate.

Puff, puff, pass, man.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/its-time-for-the-no-fun-league-to-get-out-of-the-pot-policing-business/

I'd listen more if author stated what rules were in place for CBS's work place including drug testing and showed he was reefer free - he rambles making not much sense sometimes making me think he partakes too much.

He's right and who cares how he or anyone else spends his free time as long as he's not harming anyone?

You're stuck in the 1930's.

If you are asking if I partake I never have and consider drug testing to be normal workplace item.

Pot is not a drug. its an herb

and should only be tested for if someone is actually using ON THE JOB

If a guy can score touchdowns who cares what he does. Points matter

I was having a conversation with a network TV guy (not CBS, though) last year who told the funny story about how they had to get rid of testing for cannabis because they couldn't hire any producers or directors.

Some of the highest functioning people in the world get high. It runs the gamut. Some are burnouts, some are CEO's.

And Boom, the truth spoken. Not to mention that there are several more states voting on full adult use legalization and that its projected to be a $20B industry by 2020. There are just going to be more and more people that partake in the future...

I don't know why you're lol-ing.......it is proven that pot is not addicting.....now some enjoy it so much they don't want to stop but it is nothing like alcohol or tobacco...or nicotine actually

Meh, the other end of that spectrum is that smoking pot has always been a prerequisite for being a loser.

I'd speculate that the combination of smoking weed and coming from low SES background is a more accurate predictor of being a loser. Level of education is also a factor. I know a lot of very successful potheads.

I

And Boom, the truth spoken. Not to mention that there are several more states voting on full adult use legalization and that its projected to be a $20B industry by 2020. There are just going to be more and more people that partake in the future...

And then we can spend $30B dealing with the effects of people getting "disconnected".I'd be in favor of charging each druggie a $1000 pothead license this way they can use that cash to help defer the cost of the fallout like Colorado is dealing with now.

You're kidding right?Every loser from high school right up present day that I have seen is a pot smoker.Thats why most companies drug test because these people make lousy employees.

Are you a winner ? I thought the losers drank Mountain Dew and read comic books.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I don't know why you're lol-ing.......it is proven that pot is not addicting.....now some enjoy it so much they don't want to stop but it is nothing like alcohol or tobacco...or nicotine actually

Hmmm....you don't seem to understand the concept of addiction.

Refer to www.marijuana-anonymous.org for further details.

Edited by WotAGuy

Hmmm....you don't seem to understand the concept of addiction.

Refer to www.marijuana-anonymous.org for further details.

I said they don't want to...not that they can't

You're kidding right?Every loser from high school right up present day that I have seen is a pot smoker.Thats why most companies drug test because these people make lousy employees.

I'm not kidding....I smoked in high school and college.....I stopped smoking years ago......I have a good job, nice home, new car.........lotsa money.....

I'm not kidding....I smoked in high school and college.....I stopped smoking years ago......I have a good job, nice home, new car.........lotsa money.....

You need to get back to lot 7 - pig roast, the great igg, nafl and other historical artifacts!

The NFL continues to evaluate and propose personal conduct policies that prioritize both player health and safety as well as integrity for the league, teams, players and fans.

Lay off the bong water Rog

He's right and who cares how he or anyone else spends his free time as long as he's not harming anyone?

You're stuck in the 1930's.

Wayne with the concise and spot on summation as usual.

I was having a conversation with a network TV guy (not CBS, though) last year who told the funny story about how they had to get rid of testing for cannabis because they couldn't hire any producers or directors.

LOL....seriously, unless you are operating machinery, what kind of jobs these days really need to drug test people? Never had a drug test in my life, don't plan on ever having one.

I have however, gotten high with two of my former CEOs.

you smoked in grammar school too, don't forget that. I was there.