Aaron Williams Wants Fred Jackson Back; Do you?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's leave the ex-bills where they are. We are not that desperate.

Maybe for a one day contract so he can retire a Bill.

Lol at AW.

#goingrogue.

Imo

Good idea. He wan't impactful in the games I saw him play for Seattle. Honor him letting retire as a Bill, but he would also cost too much. At his age and years in the NFL minimum is probably too high which is why so many older players can't find work.

Maybe he's done. Maybe he's not. One thing that's true is that the majority of people have been saying this about the guy every year and every year he'd prove he could still play. Not sure what games most of you were watching last year but he wasn't really given much of a chance to run the ball.

He still has less career carries than McCoy and at the very least he'd provide some leadership in a dressing room that seems like it really needs it. I'd bring him aboard but with the way things ended for him here, that's obviously not going to happen.

Fred was tremendous on third down last year........made some key plays at times when the Seahawks offense wasn't very good.

But as has been said.......he ran the ball VERY little.

That's exactly what I'd want. Hardly ever ever run the ball. Come in on third down in spot duty to block and/or catch passes - something he did to my surprise very well last year.

Good idea. He wan't impactful in the games I saw him play for Seattle. Honor him letting retire as a Bill, but he would also cost too much. At his age and years in the NFL minimum is probably too high which is why so many older players can't find work.

I was re-watching one of Seatlles' playoff games on the NFL Network a week or so ago. At one point, Freddy had a nice little 7 yard, or so, first down reception. The color analyst went on to say that while speaking to Seahawks people during the week, although Fred did little early in the season, he was starting to have a bigger role in the offense, and (predictably I suppose) Pete Carroll raved about his leadership qualities. They also mentioned what a difficult position he was in, joining a new team, right at the beginning of the season...not knowing the whole offense, etc etc...naturally, coaches are going to guys they trust know their system, over a new guy who has had no time, really, to adjust to his new surroundings, and new offense.

I am not normally one to want to go back to the past, but let me ask this: If Fred had never played for the Biils, lets say he had spent most of his career with the Lions, or some other moribund team...the Bills have a need for a some running back help...they sign Fred who has been cut by the Lions. I would bet, most here would think it was a "decent" signing. Lets' not hold his Bills past, against him. Does he have less to offer than, say, Boom Herron or James Wilder?

AW was his little bro, so obviously biased.

I think the Whaley bridge was burned by Fred when Fred left, so this is a moot point.

Yep, bridge-burnin' words were uttered.

The Seahawks wanted Fred for a specialized niche role (blitz pickup) and when he needed to get yardage, you could see the frustration on his face when he would get tackled from behind on plays he knew he could break (or at least make the 1st down) 2-3 years ago. Roman likes to have tight ends in that blitz pickup/6 lineman role, and Fred is not a good "match" for the gap left by Karlos.

Now if the Bills wanted to offer FredEx a 1-day contract so he could "retire a Bill", that would be a total class gesture on both sides and I'd be "IN" with that.

LMAO

Due to crap planning and Shady's injury, we're now in revolving-door-of-has-been-RBs mode.

WTH, Jackson's as good as any of the other retreads that have been rumored.

Instead of taking a complete waste of Cardale Jones in the 4th maybe they should have taken Paul Perkins instead, who would have been a perfect fit for this offense, particularly considering the lack of decent WRs on the team. That would have taken vision and planning skills however, clearly we don't have any of those.

Have you considered Taking Up Golf (TUG)?

I get it that years of playoff drought and mediocre play have left the Bills coaches and FO open to criticism, and there are legitimate areas for criticism, but this repetitive, knee-jerk sweeping negativity has gotten way old.

I think Fred could work picking up blitzes, situational runs, out of the backfield receptions, and as a mentor. Most of all retiring a Bill. I would hope the Pegulas would intervene, since they understand the community more, and Fred's place here.

I think Fred could work picking up blitzes, situational runs, out of the backfield receptions, and as a mentor. Most of all retiring a Bill. I would hope the Pegulas would intervene, since they understand the community more, and Fred's place here.

A RB whose only value is blitz pickup is essentially giving the defense an 11-on-10 advantage on every play he's in the game.

Fred just doesn't have anything left in the tank to make positive plays with the ball in his hand.

As others have suggested, give him a one day contract to retire a Bill, and perhaps he chooses to enter the coaching arena at some point.