TOD 7/21: Opposing team player you most respected

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning. Mostly for the nationwide commercials. Chicken parm you taste so good.

Dammit. Now I want a chicken parm.

Richmond Webb had Bruce Smith for lunch every time they played for years. The only Tackle that ever really muted the greatest Bills player of all time. Oh yeah, and Brady that bastage. I think he is 25-3 against the Bills. Just typing that made me want to throw up.

I can't respect Brady. Because of **** like...

Richmond Webb had Bruce Smith for lunch every time they played for years. The only Tackle that ever really muted the greatest Bills player of all time. Oh yeah, and Brady that bastage. I think he is 25-3 against the Bills. Just typing that made me want to throw up.

I think that's funny. I remember watching a show on ESPN highlighting Webb with a friend who is a dolphin fan and most of the plays involved Bruce and he had help from the guard on most of them and on the plays where he was one on one he was holding on many of them. I think this matchup was not what the media led everyone to believe. The LT that did dominate him was Toni Bocelli.

I don't like JJ Watt but he was a menace against us in EJ's last start in 2014....

Man, no kidding. In the current realm he changed the Bills plan for years.

More to the story but EJ traumatized EJM

Yes, but he paid a price

FREDDY still is my hero

JJ Watt. I don't think EJ ever got him out of his head.

just read.

agreed. ruined the kid.

John Mackey is my vote

Edited by 3rdand12

What opposing team player have you most respected for their on the field performance against the Bills? What did this player do to earn your respect? (If it was a one game situation did the Bills win or lose and how did the game outcome impact your thoughts?)

That would be JJ Watt. He's just generally a player for another team I deeply respect. Even when his team is losing you can see it in his face and his body he is giving it everything he got, and if he could single-handedly will the Texans to victory he would.

He's a player I feel really bad for that he's not on a better team.

Randall Cunningham, when he made Bruce miss and hit Fred Barnett from the end zone for a TD.

That would have made both Houdini and Montana proud. While it hurt at the time, it's an all-time great play!

Randall Cunningham, when he made Bruce miss and hit Fred Barnett from the end zone for a TD.

Yeah, I was upset that it happened, but that was an incredible play by Cunningham.

Joe Klecko of the Jets was an excellent DL who was extra-tough

Edited by OldTimer1960

Lenny 'the Cool' Dawson. More feared than Namath, Marino or Brady.

Nice call

That would be JJ Watt. He's just generally a player for another team I deeply respect. Even when his team is losing you can see it in his face and his body he is giving it everything he got, and if he could single-handedly will the Texans to victory he would.

He's a player I feel really bad for that he's not on a better team.

Yes this is probably my honest vote.

Ben Coates

Forgot about him. Used to pick him in Madden years ago.

gee i am old

Bruce Matthews and Clay Matthews Jr. (not his kid).

Always wanted either or both of them on the Bills.

Bruce Smith had his best career sack game against Bruce Matthews when Houston made the ill advised decision to move him outside......it was either 4 or 5 he had that day.