Depressing fact....

Who didn't know this?

indeed. Who on a Bills message board, especially the regulars, it this news to?

(and also, at the article in the comments, one poster even pointed out that the Seahawks have been in the AFC playoffs more recently than the bills)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a sad day when the drought ends. What will define us then?

Back to the weather reputation? We were always good for late night shows just on that. Don't tell me global warming will rob us of that too!

I'm trying to figure out how this affects any more than them just having the longest NFL playoff drought

I think it underscores how unlikely this drought is. Shtty teams in all sports do make the playoffs occasionally.

I think it underscores that you almost have to be trying to not make the playoffs for so long.

However, the counterpoint is that in our sport, the primary position is one you cannot live without. I guess in other sports you can make up for not having a "this" or a "that," but in the NFL, if you dont have a "this" you are done.

Look on the bright side.

The last time the Cubs won the World Series, Teddy Roosevelt was President, World War ONE was still six years in the future, and the average worker earned between $200 and $400 per year.

Now THAT is something to B word about.

:lol::lol::lol:

Look on the bright side.

The last time the Cubs won the World Series, Teddy Roosevelt was President, World War ONE was still six years in the future, and the average worker earned between $200 and $400 per year.

Now THAT is something to B word about.

:lol::lol::lol:

C'mon. Anybody can have a bad century.

I know the Raiders have been to the playoffs more recently, 2002, but their 13 seasons after that have been much much worse. They haven't had a winning season since 2003, the Bills have had 2. They've only won 63 games, the Bills have won 86. They also had just been to the Super Bowl in 2002, what a way to carry that excitement on and follow it up with a 4-12 season, then a 5-11, then a 4-12, then a 5-11, then a 2-14.

I don't know what's worse, completely bottoming out, like the Raiders have or living in mediocrity like the Bills have?

you have been banned!!!

See I view it the opposite way. The Bills finally won something!!! We're the worst of every team!!!! Championship!!!

:lol:

Funny, my buddy was talking about the Stillers winning the SB which he had waited a long time for and he said, while he expected his reaction to be pure bliss, it was more like "that's it??"

I think that Buffalo will go nutty, I think I'll feel great, I KNOW I'll get about 10,000 texts from all around the country! I don't think my life, or my opinion of Buffalo will change though - both are already pretty freaking sweet, IMO. :D:beer:

gona say he is NOT a real sports fan

It will be a sad day when the drought ends. What will define us then?

Awesomeness as we become better than the Patriots

I know the Raiders have been to the playoffs more recently, 2002, but their 13 seasons after that have been much much worse. They haven't had a winning season since 2003, the Bills have had 2. They've only won 63 games, the Bills have won 86. They also had just been to the Super Bowl in 2002, what a way to carry that excitement on and follow it up with a 4-12 season, then a 5-11, then a 4-12, then a 5-11, then a 2-14.

I don't know what's worse, completely bottoming out, like the Raiders have or living in mediocrity like the Bills have?

The prevailing theory around here is it is always better to tank than be mediocre... but the Raiders and Browns are evidence that constant failure does not necessarily lead to success. Ultimately it comes down to the same thing every time.... good talent evaluation and sensible use of resources. Teams that are bad are usually bad because they are poor at both of those.