Depressing fact....

Funny, my buddy was talking about the Stillers winning the SB which he had waited a long time for and he said, while he expected his reaction to be pure bliss, it was more like "that's it??"

I do understand that. The moments never last long enough and before you know it you are back going about your normal life and nothing really has changed. I've experienced that through successes in other sports. When the enormity dawns on your more is once you have some time and distance passed and you can look back on the special nature of what you experienced.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand that. The moments never last long enough and before you know it you are back going about your normal life and nothing really has changed. I've experienced that through successes in other sports. When the enormity dawns on your more is once you have some time and distance passed and you can look back on the special nature of what you experienced.

The only time that sporting success has given me a high that lasted longer than the day of the game was the 2005 Ashes. First time in my lifetime, really meant something to me.

With sport, I'm very much 'on to the next one'. The Bills win a SB, I'll be happier for those that suffered through 4 losses. I just know that the day after (once the hangover clears), I'll be thinking about who we pick 32nd in the draft. :lol: