America's favorite fast food restaurants

ALF

The thing about Panera that drives me crazy is that all you typically see is the name of the sandwich, but the menu board doesn't actually say what is in it. Maybe they've changed that recently, but I always feel like I'm rolling the dice if I order something I haven't had before.

Now onto Chic-fil-a. Maybe I've ordered the wrong sandwich in the past, but I don't yet get all the love for that place. Is it all about the fried chicken sandwich there? I always lean towards grilled, so maybe that's where I went wrong. It was fine, but nothing special. And the waffle fries are not my style.

I didn't get a chance to hit the grocery store this weekend, so this thread is going to wind up being my inspiration for lunch today. Someone woo me.

Gotta get fried chicken at chick fil a, IMO. I too am not a fan of the waffle fries-- just meh.

But when I go, I get a regular fried chicken sandwich meal (with some honey roasted BBQ sauce or chick fil a sauce). I sub in the Greek yogurt parfait side, and a diet frosted lemonade for the drink. The frosted lemonade is an awesome summer drink-- basically a lemonade milkshake.

I am not sure chick fil a has the greatest food. The food is just solid, and fresh; and the place is clean and service excellent.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Panera that drives me crazy is that all you typically see is the name of the sandwich, but the menu board doesn't actually say what is in it. Maybe they've changed that recently, but I always feel like I'm rolling the dice if I order something I haven't had before.

Now onto Chic-fil-a. Maybe I've ordered the wrong sandwich in the past, but I don't yet get all the love for that place. Is it all about the fried chicken sandwich there? I always lean towards grilled, so maybe that's where I went wrong. It was fine, but nothing special. And the waffle fries are not my style.

I didn't get a chance to hit the grocery store this weekend, so this thread is going to wind up being my inspiration for lunch today. Someone woo me.

Chic-fil-a fried chicken sandwich/biscuit is simple, but amazingly delicious. Fried chicken breast, good roll, pickles, and mayo.

My first job as a psychologist was in the hood in Charlotte, NC. We had a parent night to inform parents about school rules, curriculum, activities, etc... Chic-fil-a donated 500 chicken sandwiches for the event, but only like 25 parents showed up. I took home like 50 of them and stocked the fridge...haha. Good eats.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

That's like saying anchor bar is better than duff's. It may be your opinion, but it's wrong.

Not a chance it's wrong. Five guys is the most "meh" burger since In N Out. Some flavor would be nice. Edited by Chilly

Not a chance it's wrong. Five guys is the most "meh" burger since In N Out. Some flavor would be nice.

First of all, no one should pay attention to your opinion simply because you used the word 'meh.'

Next, if you honestly think In-N-Out burgers are lacking flavor, then I have to ask what you DO consider to be a good burger.

First of all, no one should pay attention to your opinion simply because you used the word 'meh.'

Next, if you honestly think In-N-Out burgers are lacking flavor, then I have to ask what you DO consider to be a good burger.

In-N-Out, along w/ Five Guys are THE top burgers for fast food restaurants. It is all about personal preference, but most of the so-called experts tend to agree as well.

In-N-Out, along w/ Five Guys are THE top burgers for fast food restaurants. It is all about personal preference, but most of the so-called experts tend to agree as well.

Not a five guys fan, will take Shake Shack though

Gross. I'll leave that stuff for you and gugny.

Taco Bell Cantina Power Menu actually quite good for fast food on the go, and not a complete disaster nutritionally. Less than 500 calories, not bad on the fat side as most of the fat comes from the guacamole, sodium is okay., but 25g of protein...and it actually does taste good. Y'all should try the steak one sometime, you might be surprised what you can get at a drive thru.

Edited by plenzmd1

For fast food burgers, P. Terrys, Shake Shack, and Whataburger.

Seriously. I don't know what these people are talking about. 5 guys is pricy for fast food but very, very good IMO.

Agreed. Great burgers, but expensive for fast food. Still, I don't eat a lot of fast food so I don't mind paying a bit more if it's that good.

What makes Chick Fil A great from my perspective isn't so much the food (though the food is good) but the service. It's always nice to have people go out of their way to be up beat and friendly when serving you. Unlike other fast food places, at least the ones around where I live, where you barely even get a greeting when you walk in.

I will second the person that mentioned Culvers - not one here, but seek them out on baseball trips.

Also - for fast food Chinese - Pei Wei - owned by PF Changs. Probably more in the Chipotle, Panera category, but it is still fast food.

2 recent additions in the Richmond area are stand alone Panda Express (again Asian) - much better and fresher than the mall Pandas. Also Zaxbys. Basically a number of ways to prepare fried chicken fingers. It's good, not great. My one son loves the tenders from there, so we go there once in a while.

My family eats a lot at Moes also...

Moved to Houston from Buffalo a year back, gotta say Whataburger is consistently great. Breakfast from 11pm-11am is good there as well.

Never bother with Chic-fil-a because the lines here are always out of the parking lot, waffle fries are kinda overrated imo. typically 30-40 min wait during lunch hours.

I also made the move from WNY to Houston about a year ago and I too am impressed with Whataburger. Chick Fil A is growing on me but at first I didn't get the hype.

Do you go to Christian's Tailgate on gamedays during the season?

What makes Chick Fil A great from my perspective isn't so much the food (though the food is good) but the service. It's always nice to have people go out of their way to be up beat and friendly when serving you. Unlike other fast food places, at least the ones around where I live, where you barely even get a greeting when you walk in.

Chic-Fil-A has reportedly been scouting locations and recruiting possible franchisees for my area (NY capital district) and I'm curious as to how that friendly service will translate up here. Love going there on road trips through the south, but people are generally more pleasant in the south.

You hear the phrase "my pleasure" more during one visit to Chick-fil-A than you will hear it the entire rest of the year.