America's favorite fast food restaurants

ALF

Stopped in 5 Guys today and thought of this thread. $15.93 was the total for a bacon cheeseburger, little fries, and regular drink. Won't be doing that again for a long while.

If they served 5 guys food at one of those cafes in Geneva, then the $16 would seem like a bargain!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped in 5 Guys today and thought of this thread. $15.93 was the total for a bacon cheeseburger, little fries, and regular drink. Won't be doing that again for a long while.

I just got an Asiago ranch chicken sandwich combo from Wendy's. It cost me over $10 to upgrade to the large size (and I added a small frosty for my son), and the sandwich and fries tasted like absolute crap.

I'd gladly fork over the extra 5 bucks for something that tastes as good as 5 Guys.

I just got an Asiago ranch chicken sandwich combo from Wendy's. It cost me over $10 to upgrade to the large size (and I added a small frosty for my son), and the sandwich and fries tasted like absolute crap.

I'd gladly fork over the extra 5 bucks for something that tastes as good as 5 Guys.

Yeah I'd rather eat at 7-11 than at Wendy's these days. Nothing good going on there. They used to be my favorite too.

Incorrect. Whataburger, Shake Shack, and P. Terrys are all significantly better.

I typically like whataburger, but the one we hit in Amarillo last week was terrible. Really really disappointing to get old/cold food on a long trip and not even realize it until you are back on the highway. No way I was turning back to complain.

Yeah, we have a 5 guys here in Hamilton, Ontario and the prices are brutal here too

CBF

• 2 weeks later...

wife and i went 5 guys on Sunday. We each get the little cheeseburger( i don't like the two patties) a soda and a small fry to share. $18. Not horrible, and we left about half the fries. Was plenty of food for the two of us.

Yeah I'd rather eat at 7-11 than at Wendy's these days. Nothing good going on there. They used to be my favorite too.

long story, but had to grab food at 7-11 the other day. That mini Italian sub they heat up did not suck..better than Subway for sure...and was $3.50 and ready in like 30 seconds. Would eat again in a pinch

That's where I am. It's like $40 for my wife, 2 kids and me to eat at 5 Guys. And it's about $30 for us to eat at McDonalds, BK or Wendy's. That extra $10 is money well spent.

I will have to trust you on 7-11!!

I popped into our 7-11 one early morning because we were out of milk. The one in the front of the shelf had an expiration date of that day, the one behind it was two weeks later, so I pulled the old one out, grabbed the newer one, replaced the older one, and the store owner came around the corner and started yelling at me for taking the newer milk. And by 'yelling,' I genuinely mean he was yelling at me about this. I explained the expiration date, but he didn't care...he just kept yelling at me.

I told him "sell me this or sell me nothing," he relented and I never went back.

Oh, and there was a time when I could only afford a 7-11 hotdog for lunch, but 35 years later, every once in a while, I burp and can still taste it.

I will have to trust you on 7-11!!

those little super fast convection/microwave ovens have made a big difference. To be clear, i am not saying this sub was as good as a good local sub shop or a Penn Station sub, but for $3.50 and ready in less than a minute, great food in a pinch.

What the ? Teachers in Vermont making too much money.

You selling meth to the snowboarders for extra cash ?

I'm not a teacher. They don't make schitt for money, and have horrible jobs where they basically get schitt on every day. I'm a psychologist who is employed as the director of student services (special education). Maybe you didn't know, Ryan. I'm kind of a big deal.

JH makes a fortune selling masochism videos of all the different ways he can sit on his giant balls.

This is really funny to me. Actually, there is likely demand out there for this sexual proclivity. I suspect in China and Japan.

I'm not a teacher. They don't make schitt for money, and have horrible jobs where they basically get schitt on every day. I'm a psychologist who is employed as the director of student services (special education). Maybe you didn't know, Ryan. I'm kind of a big deal.

This is really funny to me. Actually, there is likely demand out there for this sexual proclivity. I suspect in China and Japan.

Online assessments, SLP & OT is the way to go. :thumbsup:

I popped into our 7-11 one early morning because we were out of milk. The one in the front of the shelf had an expiration date of that day, the one behind it was two weeks later, so I pulled the old one out, grabbed the newer one, replaced the older one, and the store owner came around the corner and started yelling at me for taking the newer milk. And by 'yelling,' I genuinely mean he was yelling at me about this. I explained the expiration date, but he didn't care...he just kept yelling at me.

I told him "sell me this or sell me nothing," he relented and I never went back.

Oh, and there was a time when I could only afford a 7-11 hotdog for lunch, but 35 years later, every once in a while, I burp and can still taste it.

Haha.

I go to 7-11 occasionally with a co-worker for a 3 pm iced tea run. Every time, I dare him to try one of the hot dogs. Even with a $5 dare, he won't do it.

As far as fast food goes, Wendy's chicken sandwiches used to be decent. Not sure what they changed in the breading and/or quality of chicken, but they suck now. Have tried several times in the last year, and it was bad every time..and you are right, the price continues to skyrocket for crap.

I have an idea. Couldn't Chic-fil-a hire Jewish people to work Sundays? Maybe the Chic-fil-a people can return the favor and fill in at a kosher deli on Friday nights and Saturdays?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I typically like whataburger, but the one we hit in Amarillo last week was terrible. Really really disappointing to get old/cold food on a long trip and not even realize it until you are back on the highway. No way I was turning back to complain.

That sucks, I have had some quality issues at some locations as well. Just like I think it might just be the in n outs here in Texas that suck, I remember liking it the one time I had it in Vegas but the ones in Austin are just awful.

The only thing decent I've had from a Wendy's in the past however many years was the smoked gouda cheeseburger from the Las Vegas airport Wendy's. Delicious and hit the spot. Really disappointing how far they've fallen.

Me the lady and her kid went to Fuddruckers last night.

Out the door for 36.00. The kid coulda saved me another 5 bucks if he ordered off the kids menu

Go to hell 5 guys.

Better burgers too, Fuddruckers is underrated.