America's favorite fast food restaurants

ALF

You hear the phrase "my pleasure" more during one visit to Chick-fil-A than you will hear it the entire rest of the year.

I was just having this conversation the other day. Taco Bell seems to place a HUGE emphasis on friendly customer service with their associates. I work an hour away from where I live. There are two TBs where I live - both of which I've been to numerous times - and one where I work, which I also frequent. All three locations have incredibly friendly associates, whether it's the drive thru or inside.

They always ask how I am. I always tell them, then ask in return. Every person answers and follows with "thank you for asking." They always say have a nice day, or enjoy your meal upon giving me my order, as well. And - I'm not sure if it's sincere, or not - but they always seem very upbeat and pleasant in nature.

I think it makes a big difference.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just having this conversation the other day. Taco Bell seems to place a HUGE emphasis on friendly customer service with their associates. I work an hour away from where I live. There are two TBs where I live - both of which I've been to numerous times - and one where I work, which I also frequent. All three locations have incredibly friendly associates, whether it's the drive thru or inside.

They always ask how I am. I always tell them, then ask in return. Every person answers and follows with "thank you for asking." They always say have a nice day, or enjoy your meal upon giving me my order, as well. And - I'm not sure if it's sincere, or not - but they always seem very upbeat and pleasant in nature.

Taco Bell has really been upping their game all around the last couple of years. I go maybe once every couple of months and haven't had a bad experience in a very long time.

Ehhhh....just give me my tacos and shut the hell up. I was at TB yesterday, and the girl at the counter was so annoyingly fake-friendly I almost barfed. When the line calmed down, she actually walked around the dining room area asking folks how their food was. Yeah, I want some rotten toothed meth head talking to me while I guiltily binge on grade F ground beef and free hot sauce.

Ehhhh....just give me my tacos and shut the hell up. I was at TB yesterday, and the girl at the counter was so annoyingly fake-friendly I almost barfed. When the line calmed down, she actually walked around the dining room area asking folks how their food was. Yeah, I want some rotten toothed meth head talking to me while I guiltily binge on grade F ground beef and free hot sauce.

This about sums it up on TB.

Not everyone lives in Vermont, you know.

So they should not be on list of Fast Food Restaurants because (1) they are not fast, (2) they do not serve food or (3) they are not restaurants?

lol I just don't see how they can be considered fast food restaurants. Different mold (a good term to use for fast food)

LeviF91, on 29 Jun 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:snapback.png

Chic-Fil-A has reportedly been scouting locations and recruiting possible franchisees for my area (NY capital district) and I'm curious as to how that friendly service will translate up here. Love going there on road trips through the south, but people are generally more pleasant in the south.

As I understand it, they will not allow people to work at any of their locations no matter where they are unless they are dedicated to friendly service. I believe the employees go through a good bit of training on the customer service part alone.

eball, on 29 Jun 2016 - 1:22 PM, said:snapback.png

You hear the phrase "my pleasure" more during one visit to Chick-fil-A than you will hear it the entire rest of the year.

Yeap, makes my day.

I honestly don't care about friendly service as long as I get my stuff, for me it's all about flavor, everything else is secondary.

What's with the whataburger love?

Ate there once and it was meh.

And my sister who lives in Austin said its a 3 am post-bar stop.

You must not have gotten the Patty Melt with their creamy pepper sauce or the Green Chile Cheeseburger. Both have great flavor.

And it's definitely more than a 3am stop here in Austin.

Edited by Chilly

Wow, have not seen one of those for at least 20 years. Loved the one on Pine Ave in the Falls growing up....would go again if i saw one in a heartbeat.

In and Out in like 3 states, and Shake Shack in 4 or 5. Did not read the article, but imagine that had something to do with the exclusion.

And as someone said in relation to 5 Guys, these higher end fast food joints like Shake Shack ND Five Guys may be fast, but they are no where near cheap. Shake Shack burger, fry, soda at least $11.

I second this one. Took the kids & the wife to five guys a few weeks ago. Ended up costing me $50. Little steep for burgers & fries. (my son did get a milkshake also.)

Edited by Gordio

• 2 weeks later...