America's favorite fast food restaurants

ALF

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunkin donuts food is just pathetic... How it makes this list is a mystery.

Dunkin donuts can't make its food look appetizing on a t.v. commercial.

If you can't do that, I don't consider it to be food.

Do you listen to Coldplay while your there ?

Haha.

Regarding Panera, I have recently come to the conclusion that it is a total rip-off. I got a pick 2 the other day, and it was like $15. Just outrageous for what you get.

My sense from talking with some friends is that a lot of people are now feeling the same way.

I just feel like "fast food" joints have their food delivered frozen, pre-formed/shaped, pre-cooked and just need to either be nuked or thrown into a deep fryer. Five guys uses all fresh food, the mold their own burgers, cut their own potatoes for fries, use fresh veggies and real bacon, etc.

I know it's "fast," time-wise, but I just have a hard time lumping it in with the McDonald's and BK type establishments.

I tend to separate places like Five Guys, In and Out, and Chipotle into short order category, not fast food. Old diners were considered short order, you wouldn't call them fast food.

I just feel like "fast food" joints have their food delivered frozen, pre-formed/shaped, pre-cooked and just need to either be nuked or thrown into a deep fryer. Five guys uses all fresh food, the mold their own burgers, cut their own potatoes for fries, use fresh veggies and real bacon, etc.

I know it's "fast," time-wise, but I just have a hard time lumping it in with the McDonald's and BK type establishments.

maybe a fast diner then

I love Panera but don't really consider that fast food as for the most part its healthy stuff.

yeah, really liked Vulgar Display of Power

Wow, that's a horrible list. I haven't eaten in any of those places in years. In 'N Out and Shake Shack are far and away the best for a burger.

And unless you live in Iowa or somewhere where no one knows how to make a pizza, I can't understand why anyone would eat at the huge pizza chains.

Everytime I have gone up to NYC to see a show at the Garden, I am always amazed at the huge crowd of people inside Szbarro's. Go figure.

Haha.

Regarding Panera, I have recently come to the conclusion that it is a total rip-off. I got a pick 2 the other day, and it was like $15. Just outrageous for what you get.

My sense from talking with some friends is that a lot of people are now feeling the same way.

The thing about Panera that drives me crazy is that all you typically see is the name of the sandwich, but the menu board doesn't actually say what is in it. Maybe they've changed that recently, but I always feel like I'm rolling the dice if I order something I haven't had before.

Now onto Chic-fil-a. Maybe I've ordered the wrong sandwich in the past, but I don't yet get all the love for that place. Is it all about the fried chicken sandwich there? I always lean towards grilled, so maybe that's where I went wrong. It was fine, but nothing special. And the waffle fries are not my style.

I didn't get a chance to hit the grocery store this weekend, so this thread is going to wind up being my inspiration for lunch today. Someone woo me.