Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Monahan got away with a penalty in OT just before netting the winner. It was the National "Hokey" League tonight when you factor in the Flames 1st goal that shouldn't have counted.

@Sportsnet

The whistle blew before the goal. But what was obvious from the replay is that there should not have been a whistle. The outcome was fair and right although the process was questionable.

The whistle blew before the goal. But what was obvious from the replay is that there should not have been a whistle. The outcome was fair and right although the process was questionable.

Doesn't matter. Once the whistle blows for whatever reason the play is dead.

True, but the puck had already been shot and was on its way in when the whistle blew. The refs got it right.

Not correct. The whistle blew with the puck laying in the crease just before the shot attempt. It was bang bang, but should not have counted.

yLkxHZT3_200x200.jpg VS. yt7XFh4E_200x200.jpg

CvN1zgLWgAAPycm.jpg

SABRES (1-1-1) at CANUCKS (3-0-0)

THU OCT 20, 2016 @ 10:00 PM ET

TV: SN360, MSG-B

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 10)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 3 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 3 games
Evander Kane (cracked ribs, Oct. 16) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/15: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Jack Eichel on IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Oct. 25: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 27: Minnesota at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 29: Florida at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 30: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, November 1: Buffalo at Minnesota, 8 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at CANUCKS
This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Canucks this season.
Last meeting: Vancouver defeated Buffalo, 5-2, in Vancouver on Dec. 7
Next meeting: Sunday, Feb. 12 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Canucks; 1-8-1 on the road.
This is the 117th game all-time between Buffalo and Vancouver; Buffalo has a 48-49-19 series record.
The Sabres are 17-30-11 on the road against the Canucks all-time.

Morning Skate: October 20, 2016 at 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm at Rogers Arena

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not correct. The whistle blew with the puck laying in the crease just before the shot attempt. It was bang bang, but should not have counted.

Watch and listen to the replay again. I think the ref may have intended to blow it a split second earlier, but was too slow. The puck is in midair when an audible whistle sound is heard.

Doesn't matter--it has to cross the goal line before the whistle to count

The refs have more discretion now. They huddled and got the call right. Ref lost sight of the puck thinking it was under Lehner when it clearly wasn't. The other ref had a clear view the entire time. And it wasn't like the whistle caused any Sabre player to let up or had any impact on the goal.

My barometer, developed over time, is how pissed would I have been if they disallowed that goal if we scored it.

Watch and listen to the replay again. I think the ref may have intended to blow it a split second earlier, but was too slow. The puck is in midair when an audible whistle sound is heard.

The refs have more discretion now. They huddled and got the call right. Ref lost sight of the puck thinking it was under Lehner when it clearly wasn't. The other ref had a clear view the entire time. And it wasn't like the whistle caused any Sabre player to let up or had any impact on the goal.

My barometer, developed over time, is how pissed would I have been if they disallowed that goal if we scored it.

But can Pegula-owned teams score in both Canada and the United States?

Couple of things.

1)See in 26's awesome pregame stuff has Cody Mac on IR...that dude is done right? Is that just for cap purposes or something? Will confess i am not as sharp on long term IR as i should be.

2) happy they are getting in some of these west coast games early. I got no shot of watching this thing live...but if they were in a battle for a playoff spot i might just try. Now its watching at 2x speed early morning before work

Couple of things.

1)See in 26's awesome pregame stuff has Cody Mac on IR...that dude is done right? Is that just for cap purposes or something? Will confess i am not as sharp on long term IR as i should be.

2) happy they are getting in some of these west coast games early. I got no shot of watching this thing live...but if they were in a battle for a playoff spot i might just try. Now its watching at 2x speed early morning before work

Cody's career is done. They put guys like him on LTIR.

Does that mean his salary is not counted in the cap?

Maybe the game was better than it looked at 2X?...

Can we beat the Flyers???

They suck too no?

Take a look here for details: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=122911033&postcount=2

@BuffaloSabres

Sabres generate a flurry of chances, but only score once. "Thought we deserved better." Game recap: http://bufsabres.co/65M6Dq

CvSm0j5WIAAonuv.jpg

I just quickly looked up the rule here...https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

If i understand the correctly, and the Sabres are $2.8 million under...his contract would give the Sabres an additional $1.3 ..can someone smarter than me confirm that?

And is that enough room to Fowler then? he is owed $4M this year and next...just asking

huh..why do you say that?

They missed the goaltender interference. Players skate (in the crease) dragged the goalie's pad and turned him. On the one reply it looked like the Sabres player avoided contact with the goalie with his upper body, but if you look closely at his skate, it's pretty clear.

1:22 into this video gives a decent look. https://www.nhl.com/video/baptistes-1st-nhl-goal/t-282865782/c-45517303

Edited by thebug

They missed the goaltender interference. Players skate (in the crease) dragged the goalie's pad and turned him. On the one reply it looked like the Sabres player avoided contact with the goalie with his upper body, but if you look closely at his skate, it's pretty clear.

1:22 into this video gives a decent look. https://www.nhl.com/video/baptistes-1st-nhl-goal/t-282865782/c-45517303

sawt that last night...so my question is this and i i dont know the answer...if he makes contact with the goalie but it does not affect the play is that still GI?

sawt that last night...so my question is this and i i dont know the answer...if he makes contact with the goalie but it does not affect the play is that still GI?

The refs, after reviewing per the coach's challenge by Vancouver, seem to think so.

It bodes well that the refs have more leeway in getting things right. Sure, we will be negatively impacted at times, but overall it's good for the game.

I'm not sure how you could watch that video and think that the contact did not affect the goalie? It dragged him.

Actually the Sabres goal last night against the Canucks should not have counted, so things have evened out so far.

Really?

One cost them a game and the other had no impact on the game. Is that "even" for everybody or only for people who hate the Sabres? Come on dude.

Really?

One cost them a game and the other had no impact on the game. Is that "even" for everybody or only for people who hate the Sabres? Come on dude.

Oh so the rules only apply if the goal is a game winner? Also, you say no impact, but that got them within a goal of tying the game. What if they had scored later to tie? I don't hate the Sabres, I hate the double-standard. If my Leafs had scored that goal, I'm 100% expecting it to be called back and get why it would be.

Edited by thebug

Oh so the rules only apply if the goal is a game winner? Also, you say no impact, but that got them within a goal of tying the game. What if they had scored later to tie? I don't hate the Sabres, I hate the double-standard. If my Leafs had scored that goal, I'm 100% expecting it to be called back and get why it would be.

You called it a wash. It's not a wash. It hasn't evened out. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but it hasn't.

@BuffaloSabres

2705.png Reinhart moves to center 2705.png Sabres to play on @NBCSN this week More of what you need to know: http://bufsabres.co/O4h6nk

#SharpenUp
CviY6FzWgAA9jQe.jpg

Coach Bylsma: Lehner is under the weather. We'll likely call up a goalie from @AmerksHockey for tomorrow's game in Philly.

CvjA3pPWcAAP9d2.jpg

Anders Nilsson will make his Sabres debut tomorrow in Philadelphia.

RECALL: The Sabres have recalled goaltender Linus Ullmark from @AmerksHockey - http://bufsabres.co/DWaRWY

CvjX5HCXYAArbLw.jpg

A bad luck for someone who showed signs of a drinking problem before even being drafted.

you make me laugh...signs of a drinking problem cause he had a few beers in college...Man, i should have been in AA then.

BTW, they both look teeny in that picture no?

you make me laugh...signs of a drinking problem cause he had a few beers in college...Man, i should have been in AA then.

BTW, they both look teeny in that picture no?

And clearly he hasn't run into many hockey players over the years. I had my share of beers with some other BU players back in my day and a picture with bud light in hand is beyond tame