Seantral AWOL since end of season (not really)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

180 degree reversal from the initial report. Surprised Dunne didn't do additional investigation before the 1st story.

It's also another indictment of PFT who have a habit of running with stories without sufficient merit.

A lot of PFT is just passing on local news pieces, which this was. Buff news is the main culprit here (if they are wrong)

A lot of PFT is just passing on local news pieces, which this was. Buff news is the main culprit here (if they are wrong)

No regurgitation excuse for an operation as big as PFT. They have enough resources to confirm stories before putting them out on a national level.

Why is a photographer coming up with news stories?

He didn't. It was a Dunne story. PFT screwed it up.

Sounds like his time on the team is up!

Unfortunately, that may be true. The one thing he has going for him is that he's young and the Bills have no other good long term prospects at RT, so he may get another season to see if he can recover.

I've mentioned before, I worked in GI before on the MED device Mgmt side, and have a working knowledge of Crohn's but by no means means am an expert. If he had two surgeries, most likely resections of parts of his colon which is a long organ. It's very typical until they find the right therapy for him and dramatic changes to his diet, he would have significant wasting so I just can't see him playing in 2016. Maybe.

What's more likely is he gets stabilized, gets on the right regimen, and makes adequate lifestyle changes, and can work his way back in training to maybe be ready in 2017. He was a promising talent so worth it to us to place him on physically not able to perform and not give up on him.

I like how he overcame mistakes in college, and stayed clean his rookie year. I wish the best for him in his life and hope he can work his way back.

I've mentioned before, I worked in GI before on the MED device Mgmt side, and have a working knowledge of Crohn's but by no means means am an expert. If he had two surgeries, most likely resections of parts of his colon which is a long organ. It's very typical until they find the right therapy for him and dramatic changes to his diet, he would have significant wasting so I just can't see him playing in 2016. Maybe.

What's more likely is he gets stabilized, gets on the right regimen, and makes adequate lifestyle changes, and can work his way back in training to maybe be ready in 2017. He was a promising talent so worth it to us to place him on physically not able to perform and not give up on him.

I like how he overcame mistakes in college, and stayed clean his rookie year. I wish the best for him in his life and hope he can work his way back.

Henderson's agent says he's ready to roll. We'll know soon enough.

Unfortunately, that may be true. The one thing he has going for him is that he's young and the Bills have no other good long term prospects at RT, so he may get another season to see if he can recover.

I would think if he can maintain consistent health, it might well allow him to focus on his craft instead of his troubles.

I wonder how long this has been affecting him? Maybe this issue was affecting his draft position ?

After all the charades at OBD with health and injury concerns, is it possible Bills were taking different type of "risk" with this Kid ?

Well, it scared me.

i6OwJdaxVISWc.gif

dude you seriously crack me up some times: )

and thanks for that

If he had them reattached, he must have had a colostomy.

That does not sound like fun.

Nope. Not true at all.

I'm no doctor (although, I have lit them on TV), but from what I have read from Dr. Google on Crohn's disease, if he had his intestines reattached as a result of the effects of the disease, as opposed to un-doing a colostomy, that would be much worse. That would mean that his large intestine had detached, at least partially, most likely from his anus. Along with being the most disgusting ailment that I could think of, that would mean that the severity of his disease (which is chronic) would have to have long term effects that would certainly make a career in the NFL not plausible.

But, even undoing a colostomy is pretty God-damned serious! That means that they had to surgically repair his colon, and take it off-line, so to speak, in order for it to heal! Is there a doctor in the house??? Am I getting this wrong? Doc? Are you an actual doctor?

Agent says the medical staff did not diagnose the medical condition. Also surprised that no one from the coaching staff reached out to him, particularly since it sounds like he went through a really rough time. Only now hearing from the agent, but none of this reflects well on the Bills coaching or medical staff.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/30/bills-havent-heard-from-seantrel-henderson-since-season-ended/

"Via Harry Scull Jr. of the Buffalo News, the Bills have heard nothing from right tackle Seantrel Henderson since the 2015 season ended.

Henderson, the starting right tackle in 2014 and most of 2015, missed the last five games of the season due to Crohn’s disease. Per Scull, Henderson had surgery “a few months ago” for the condition. One source told Scull that “nobody knows” whether Henderson will even be on the team in 2016"

Well this is great news; the right side of the line ought to be fantastic this year....

And yet, RT/RG wasn't even a depth need in the Bills' list of Draft needs this year. Amazing, isn't it!!

Instead, players at risk of missing a significant portion of the season and all of the remaining offseason, 2-down, ILBs, and depth DTs where we have probably more talent than at any other position on the team were the priorities.

Yet, Whaley's a good GM.

Got it.

I still say that Treadwell in the 1st and Cody Whitehair in the 2nd would have added 2-3 wins to this team this season, particularly given the current post-draft circumstances.

We're so blessed with great management for this team though.

:D

Nope. Not true at all.

From the PFT story:

“Crohn’s disease is no minor condition,” Herman said. “It has to be treated properly. … He had the surgery and had to wear a bag for a number of months after that, which is no walk in the park.

If Beerball can recover from vaginitis, Seantral can recover from Crohn's disease.

:thumbsup:

He recovered?

And yet, RT/RG wasn't even a depth need in the Bills' list of Draft needs this year. Amazing, isn't it!!

Instead, players at risk of missing a significant portion of the season and all of the remaining offseason, 2-down, ILBs, and depth DTs where we have probably more talent than at any other position on the team were the priorities.

Yet, Whaley's a good GM.

Got it.

I still say that Treadwell in the 1st and Cody Whitehair in the 2nd would have added 2-3 wins to this team this season, particularly given the current post-draft circumstances.

We're so blessed with great management for this team though.

:D

This doesn't upset me. RG, and RT are positions that can be upgraded in free agency. The best of these positions are in their late twenties, early thirties. At this position, rookies will take time to develop. Miller would be an excellent example of this. I have little doubt that he will blossom into a first rate Guard. For this position, youth is less of an upside than experience, IMO. Let's see what they do to improve this position over the next few weeks before we pass judgement.

Edited by Rocky Landing