Bills related Time Travel - What would you change?

In an OTW topic /dev/null mentioned that if he could time travel he might go back and kneecap Tom Brady at the combine. I thought it would make for a fun topic: So what say you, Bills fans, you have one trip only to take in a time machine and you must go back and alter an event that was connected to your beloved Bills. What time frame are you going to and what event are you altering?

Here's one to start it off: I'm going back to the day before the 2004 draft and I'm convincing Tom Donahoe that he can't sit pat at the 13th spot and that he needs to swing a trade with Houston at number 10 to draft the person that he is hoping falls to him at 13, QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn to take the Bills time machine for a spin.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go back to the locker room at SB XXV and tell the damn team to just feed it to Thurman and forget the rest.

Oh yeah, and remind the defense to tackle.

I would force them to draft Brady. Then tell them about Gronk a kid from WNY.

In an OTW topic /dev/null mentioned that if he could time travel he might go back and kneecap Tom Brady at the combine. I thought it would make for a fun topic: So what say you, Bills fans, you have one trip only to take in a time machine and you must go back and alter an event that was connected to your beloved Bills. What time frame are you going to and what event are you altering?

Here's one to start it off: I'm going back to the day before the 2004 draft and I'm convincing Tom Donahoe that he can't sit pat at the 13th spot and that he needs to swing a trade with Houston at number 10 to draft the person that he is hoping falls to him at 13, QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn to take the Bills time machine for a spin.

Never fire Chuck Knox- to me that is the biggest mistake Ralph ever made, and he made a lot of them.

I mean, if I only get one shot at fixing something I couldn't take the risk on fixing something as flukey as a missed FG or trying to control a particular draft selection. No, instead I'd have to use the one time ticket to the past to create not only real change, but the opportunity for lasting change.

Send me back to 1955, armed with some stock tips. Once there I'd convince my grandfather to buy said stocks and use the profits to purchase the Buffalo Bills instead of Ralph. Not only would that avoid some of Ralph's missteps over the tenure of his ownership, it would also likely mean the Bills remained in the family (and in Buffalo) and I'd have a real opportunity to affect positive change in Bills' history.

Plus it would let me out Crayonz in charge of the teams PR department (sorry Scott).

I mean, if I only get one shot at fixing something I couldn't take the risk on fixing something as flukey as a missed FG or trying to control a particular draft selection. No, instead I'd have to use the one time ticket to the past to create not only real change, but the opportunity for lasting change.

Send me back to 1955, armed with some stock tips. Once there I'd convince my grandfather to buy said stocks and use the profits to purchase the Buffalo Bills instead of Ralph. Not only would that avoid some of Ralph's missteps over the tenure of his ownership, it would also likely mean the Bills remained in the family (and in Buffalo) and I'd have a real opportunity to affect positive change in Bills' history.

Plus it would let me out Crayonz in charge of the teams PR department (sorry Scott).

For as deranged as this post is, it's spot on for this old timer who's earliest Bills memory was the sheer joy of my Dad and other neighbor guys swilling Schlitz beer and praising the Bills for stealing Jackie Kemp from Sid Gilman -who tried to pull him back from IR by passing waivers in the dead of the night, mid season '63.

Yes, it is Ralph who needs to be changed before it ever began. Without him, Saban, Knox, Polian & Butler stay, while Harvey Johnson, Stew Barber (after playing), John Rauch, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough & Tom Donahue never see a gray sky in WNY. This wouldn't guarantee success, but it'd be completely different.

I'd also go back to that one play when Sestak got his knee caved in. He'd be in the HOF now and we wouldn't have crashed so hard in '68.

But that's me. I already exist in the past..

I guess this isn't necessarily the Bills but it would have helped the Bills. I would go back and convince the Vikings not to make the trade for Herschel Walker. That way the Cowboys don't become as overwhelmingly talented as they did and we win those last 2 Superbowls.

How would one change wide right? Tell Norwood to kick a little to the left? Wide left may have a whole new meaning if we did that! :lol:

For some reason I have been stuck on Roethlisberger. I'd say making that trade happen to move ahead of the Steelers would've been nice.

Or not trading our 2005 1st round pick in 2004 to get Losman. Stick with Lee Evans in 2004. In 2005 with the 20th pick the Buffalo Bills select Aaron Rodgers.

Maybe either qb doesn't work out the same way, but I'm game for going back in time and making it happen! Has to be better than Losman/Holcomb/Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Manuel/Lewis/Tuel/Orton right?

2004 and 2005 drafts come to mind. As mentioned, trade up in 2004 to grab Rothlesberger. Or convince Donahoe not to make that boneheaded trade up for Losman, pissing away the 2005 1st rounder which would have been better spent on Aaron Rodgers.

How would one change wide right?

Remind Frank Reich to point the laces forward

I was very young for wide right so I'm going to pass on that.

I definitely agree with not standing pat at #13. Could you imagine how different this franchise would have been with Big Ben under center for 12 years instead of the sad parade we've endured?

i guess i am fine with the 4 losses. you see, it is who we have become and we have embraced that personality. we are the losers of 4 super bowls. i'm cool with that. we had great years. if we won 1 we would not have went to 3 more, chances are.

getting roethlisberger would have been amazing!

Select Rod Woodson instead of Shane Conlan in the 1st round of the 1987 draft.

interesting take. very interesting take. woodson would have had one hell of an impact on this team, great choice.

2004 and 2005 drafts come to mind. As mentioned, trade up in 2004 to grab Rothlesberger. Or convince Donahoe not to make that boneheaded trade up for Losman, pissing away the 2005 1st rounder which would have been better spent on Aaron Rodgers.

Remind Frank Reich to point the laces forward

roethlisberger is the only acceptable answer i can conceive.