Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

Got him confused with Deborah Harry, who success did, in fact, predate Madonna's... However, unlike Gilmore, Debbie was hotter than Madonna, and had a better voice... Just my humble opinion.

Stellar??? I dunno about that... He can press a little... But he gets BURNT over the top quite often... He's also not a great tackler, and I don't recall seeing him catch very many people from behind... For a guy taken 10th overall??? Don't think I'll miss him much at all.

When did you go to karaoke with Stephon?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times is "quite often"?

GO BILLS!!!

First, I'd like to know who described Gilmore's press coverage since being drafted as "stellar"

When did you go to karaoke with Stephon?

Right after I left the recording studio with Debbie Harry and Madonna. :lol:

So you're a pre madonna too?

Some of my musical tastes are definitely pre Madonna... Though, "like a virgin" and "true blue" MAY contain tracks worth listening to... Either way, Gilmore's physicality at the line of scrimmage falls flat against smarter receivers who expect to be jammed.. A deft inside move, followed by a swim, and they're sprung... Miles of open real estate ahead... Gilmore can be effective against hotheads like Odell Beckham, who for all his talent, can't stand to be touched... More refined, patient, wideouts, however, will simply use Gilmore's physicality against him...

For a veteran corner, he often struggles to turn and play the ball after release, and when he does, he has problems tracking it in the air, Gilmore is pretty much OUT of any 'elite corner' coversations... Adequate to good (at times)... That's the best I can give him... Think I'll go listen to some vintage Blondie tracks, now.

I'm not worried about him missing OTA's, but hope we see a contract both sides can feel they compromised and lock him up. It would have to be written up so that it is a minimal impact this year.

he already counts 11mill against the cap with his current deal (5th year option) and they have some room after Glenn's deal cleared cap. I think they'd like it to have minimal impact beginning in 2019 when both Watkins and Darby are FAs. The bulk of the impact should be in the first 3 years, which includes 2016. IMO. And make it feasible to walk away from Gilmore's deal when Darby needs paid. Edited by YoloinOhio

I believe that the key word "voluntary" precedes "Organized Team Activities". That means that Gilmore doesn't need to be here. The meaning is unambiguous. Beyond that, Gilmore would be an idiot to participate without his contract extension done. All it takes is a twisted ankle, knee, perhaps a broken bone, and bye bye contract extension. He's doing the smart thing. Hopefully they get it done before the word "mandatory" applies.

BTW - pre madonna? Classic! :flirt:

he already counts 11mill against the cap with his current deal (5th year option) and they have some room after Glenn's deal cleared cap. I think they'd like it to have minimal impact beginning in 2019 when both Watkins and Darby are FAs. The bulk of the impact should be in the first 3 years, which includes 2016. IMO. And make it feasible to walk away from Gilmore's deal when Darby needs paid.

Agree. 2018 is already looking quite tight though, so maybe the hits are 2016, 2017 ans 2019, which if they kept the first year hit on Darby relatively low would mean you keep them together for another 4 years.

Edited by GunnerBill

I think Gilmore missing OTA's is no big deal at all. Him missing OTA's due to money is just BS is my opinion. He's going to make over $11 million this year on the last year of his rookie contract. I get that he wants a long term deal but he's not getting shafted by any means. These players need to learn how to play out their contracts (especially when they're currently being paid). The worst part is, he hasn't played a full season since his rookie year.

Im more happy to hear confirmation that both sides seem interested in getting a long term deal done than I am concerned about him missing a couple of non-practices.

If reports from last month were true (which they obviously arent), Gilmore was not interested in signing a deal and wanted to force the Bills to use the tag on Taylor so he could test the Free Agency waters.

This makes it sound like he wants to stay here and get a deal done.

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

@PFWeekly

Stephon Gilmore isn't going to #Bills OTAs as he awaits a bigger contract. What's his value? http://shawurl.com/2m1t

CjJiFa5XEAQucBF.jpg

The way we see it

Gilmore is making a hefty check this season, but you can understand why he wants a deal done before it begins. The Bills should, too, given the chance to secure a no-fly zone with him and Ronald Darby at the cornerback positions for a franchise trying to build through defense.

Gilmore's injury issues have to be the main concern because cornerbacks pull in top dollar in this passing league (Norman, anyone?), and more than $11 million annually is a lot to burn on a player who isn't consistently available. Gilmore has missed four, two and five games the past three seasons, so it would theoretically make sense to make him prove his health for a year. The risk, of course, is allowing him to hit the open market where some team is bound to overspend for his services.

The NFL is a league of drafting good players and finding ways to keep them. Gilmore wants back, and the Bills should find a way to bring him back — but his health can be their leverage point in the same way his reliable coverage and willing run suppport is his.

Rex Ryan's defenses rely on great corner back play

Get Gilmore signed

Every Bill is a Hall of Famer in JFH's eyes.

By the way. Rex Ryan had great corner back play last year. What happened to the defense?

Every Bill is a Hall of Famer in JFH's eyes.

By the way. Rex Ryan had great corner back play last year. What happened to the defense?

Fred Ex....you know your just here for the comic relief right? Hyperbowl much?

What happened last year.....I DONT HAVE ANY FRICKEN IDEA WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR....and neither do you. It was year one of Rex and they didnt play as well as they should have.