Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

Organized Team Activity

Monday, May 23; Tuesday, May 24; Thursday, May 26

Tuesday, May 31; Wednesday, June 1; Friday, June 3

Monday, June 6 – Thursday, June 9

Ce-X8abW4AAP4r1.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

Don't look now, but #Bills OTAs start up next week, and these are 5 things I'll be keeping tabs on during practices: https://t.co/yZ5uCOTvYq

(WKBW) - Starting next week, the Buffalo Bills coaching staff will finally be able to start implementing their playbook with a more ‘hands on’ approach. On Monday, the Bills will take part in the first of 10 Organized Team Activity sessions.

If you’re new to the game, or just a little unfamiliar with the term, what exactly are Organized Team Activities? More commonly known as OTAs, it’s the first time a team can run a practice during the offseason with the coaching staff. They go through a series of positional and team drills, mimicking a practice in training camp or the regular season.

The clear difference, though, is that the practices -- although encouraged -- are completely voluntary for the players to attend. Also, these are non-padded, non-contact practices, so as not to disobey the Collective Bargaining Agreement signed between the NFL and the NFLPA.

It’s also the first chance for the media to see the new version of the team in a practice setting. So, what will I have my eyes on? Five things I’ll be keeping track of while OTAs are in session:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of leverage in negotiations. Nothing to see here.

I think it is something to watch honestly. Not so much as to take sides upon. just see how it plays out.

This is kind of big deal.

No doubt whatever happens will ignite the board.

Whaley did pay Dareus though.

hmmm..

is there really any purpose no being there, it is non contact ?

Maybe he really is an Island :D

Gilmore is very confident in his value in the league.

This just makes my Darby woody that much harder. Whatever they decide to do with Gilmore I hope it doesn't make signing Darby an issue when the time comes. Overpay him at your own peril but please structure it to pave the way for a new deal for Darby when the time comes.

I think it is something to watch honestly. Not so much as to take sides upon. just see how it plays out.

This is kind of big deal.

No doubt whatever happens will ignite the board.

Whaley did pay Dareus though.

hmmm..

is there really any purpose no being there, it is non contact ?

Maybe he really is an Island :D

Gilmore is very confident in his value in the league.

Gilmore is a diva IMO. He has a bunch of untapped potential, but I've yet to see him live up to it. And as someone else said, why is he holding out? Can they fine him for missing these practices?

Gilmore is a diva IMO. He has a bunch of untapped potential, but I've yet to see him live up to it. And as someone else said, why is he holding out? Can they fine him for missing these practices?

I would guess he is injury adverse. but he IS getting paid this year regardless. no fining s it is voluntary, but i would think Bills really wish he was there.

Not a big fan of Gilmore. Always getting injured trying to make a tackle. Plays soft.

He's good, but not worth this extension.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

This just makes my Darby woody that much harder. Whatever they decide to do with Gilmore I hope it doesn't make signing Darby an issue when the time comes. Overpay him at your own peril but please structure it to pave the way for a new deal for Darby when the time comes.

:lol: I like Darby too... Not as much as you do obviously, but he blows Gilmore away in my book.

Rex Ryan's defenses rely on great corner back play

Get Gilmore signed.

Funny, from here it looks like you wrote "great" corner back play... Admittedly, I HATED the Darby pick... "Too high" I thought at the time.... I realize now I felt that way because of the Gilmore pick... He really wasn't worth geting where we grabbed him... By contrast, Darby has made his case for a big contract in ONE SEASON... I never thought we'd be that lucky with a corner... SO GLAD he's in our secondary.

Edited by #34fan