Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only issue i see with Gilmore missing OTAs is you can't similate real football while working out on your own. What happens if he comes back and ends up getting injured.

These OTAs are FAR from "real football". Even with the pads.

It's debatable whether OTAs simulate real football.

Right but how many times has it happened where a guy holds out and when he comes back he injires himself. I don't have real numbers but it seems like it happens alot.

These OTAs are FAR from "real football". Even with the pads.

I realize its not a hold out and these are voluntary. He's well within his right to do what he wants and also has a new baby at home so maybe the first time dad is just enjoying his baby. It just concerns me.

Right but how many times has it happened where a guy holds out and when he comes back he injires himself. I don't have real numbers but it seems like it happens alot.

I realize its not a hold out and these are voluntary. He's well within his right to do what he wants and also has a new baby at home so maybe the first time dad is just enjoying his baby. It just concerns me.

I think its because he doesnt have a new contract and that is all it really is to it.

Im not worried about it....yet

Ideally I'd like every player to show up for every team thing even if its optional. Reality is, they don't, and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. As long as he performs during the season, then that's all that matters.

I don't understand Gilmore agent's position on this.

He's guaranteed a big payday with the 5th year option this season and will hit the jackpot when he's FA next season.

At the very least, he'll be franchised for one season at at least $14 million. So that's $27 million guaranteed for next two seasons, compared to Josh Norman who's getting $36 million guaranteed for next two seasons, and his salary starts dropping in yr 3.

If Gilmore signs a long term deal now, he'll make less than if he plays out the option year and then signs a long term deal in '17

He's guaranteed a big payday with the 5th year option this season and will hit the jackpot when he's FA next season.

At the very least, he'll be franchised for one season at at least $14 million. So that's $27 million guaranteed for next two seasons, compared to Josh Norman who's getting $36 million guaranteed for next two seasons, and his salary starts dropping in yr 3.

If Gilmore signs a long term deal now, he'll make less than if he plays out the option year and then signs a long term deal in '17

It's all about the guaranteed money. What if Gilmore suffers a career altering injury this year, then him and his agent won't be so anxious to get to FA. His value is high and the market is ripe, push for a deal get the guaranteed money as high as possible and have some security.

my *guess* is that he is only playing on a one year deal of 11m right now. He wants to make sure he doesn't get injured before signing a long-term deal which would end up being much more than that. The franchise tag in 2017 isn't a given. It's possible they may need it for TT. He's looking for security as he should be. The good news is that the talks are active, it appears. I think he's trying to avoid injury until the deal is done. Jmo Edited by YoloinOhio

It's all about the guaranteed money. What if Gilmore suffers a career altering injury this year, then him and his agent won't be so anxious to get to FA. His value is high and the market is ripe, push for a deal get the guaranteed money as high as possible and have some security.

If his spleen checks out fine, I'm sure he can get a Lloyds insurance policy that would pay out a big chunk of the future guarantees.

Granted I wasn't able to watch many Bills games last year, but I think I can see from this picture something of the problem that Miller was having. His lower left leg looks incredibly small and out of proportion to the rest of his body. :o

That, and Cogs seems to have someone's foot up his azz. Maybe that's a RR/RR's new motivation tactic for this year. :unsure:

my *guess* is that he is only playing on a one year deal of 11m right now. He wants to make sure he doesn't get injured before signing a long-term deal which would end up being much more than that. The franchise tag in 2017 isn't a given. It's possible they may need it for TT. He's looking for security as he should be. The good news is that the talks are active, it appears. I think he's trying to avoid injury until the deal is done. Jmo

If he's not tagged in '17, then he'll easily command a Norman deal in UFA

If his spleen checks out fine, I'm sure he can get a Lloyds insurance policy that would pay out a big chunk of the future guarantees.

:lol:

The Shah lives on TSW.

It's fast becoming a TSW Classic.

He's missed 13 games in 4 seasons--he's hardly Goodwin

I thought it was 53 of 64 contests that he has appeared in. Regardless, your point is valid.

First, I'd like to know who described Gilmore's press coverage since being drafted as "stellar"

Stellar is my word, so it would be a challenge to find an exact quote if that is what you are after. Would you settle for synonyms? There is no shortage of positive reviews of his play since he entered the league. For instance, Darren Woodsen described him as "elite" and "upper echelon" and compared him to Sanders in man coverage.

OK, so there is just one of the positive reviews on Gilmore. Can you now give me a number to indicate he gets beat "quite often" as you described?

GO BILLS!!!