Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it won't be. Who friggin cares?

It's a legitimate issue in the interest of fans being informed about the team that they root for since everyone can't be at OBD or SJF to see for themselves.

What do you mean?

Dareus will be there utilizing his best attribute of taking up blockers...

Here we go!

@mikerodak

I do not see WR Marquise Goodwin at Bills practice today. http://es.pn/1TBiimC

It's a legitimate issue in the interest of fans being informed about the team that they root for since everyone can't be at OBD or SJF to see for themselves.

Here we go!

And fans have a right to every single detail of every single practice? Why is this so important? This is a media policy...if fans want to report on what they've seen, they can. If it doesn't happen, the rest of us will just have to fight on in our every day lives and somehow learn to muster up enough fortitude to make it through our days without an opportunistic (and worthless) injury rumor (that we'll still get a couple of hours later when they interview the coach), or knowing who may have sacked the QB if this was a real game and actually mattered...at all.

Here we go!

You have to admit it is a strange move, especially since they added zero big bodies in the spring and the goal was to kick Dareus to DE.

You have to admit it is a strange move, especially since they added zero big bodies in the spring and the goal was to kick Dareus to DE.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pick up someone before or during preseason to fill that role.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pick up someone before or during preseason to fill that role.

Not that I held high hopes for Barnes, but it's odd that they didn't address a key position earlier and are now one player less at the position and are rolling the dice on available players in June/July

Instead of whining about it, it'd be great if some of these yokels figured out how to get creative with it, a la Hunter S. Thompson in the early 1970s. But that's definitely asking too much.

I'll need two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers...also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Not that I'll need all of that for the reporting trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection (while doing serious reporting), the tendency is to push it as far as you can...

And fans have a right to every single detail of every single practice? Why is this so important? This is a media policy...if fans want to report on what they've seen, they can. If it doesn't happen, the rest of us will just have to fight on in our every day lives and somehow learn to muster up enough fortitude to make it through our days without an opportunistic (and worthless) injury rumor (that we'll still get a couple of hours later when they interview the coach), or knowing who may have sacked the QB if this was a real game and actually mattered...at all.

What positive result does the policy have? The information is still going to get out from other fans it just won't have the @rodak thingy on it. If teams are that interested in seeing how many different run variations Roman has for this year one would guess they would send up a normally dressed employee to observe and take notes. Said employee would probably know what to take notes on instead of a media member who is just passing general information onto the fans. On the surface this policy looks like a poke in the eye to the media and a blank stare at us foolish fans who live and die for this ****.

What positive result does the policy have? The information is still going to get out from other fans it just won't have the @rodak thingy on it. If teams are that interested in seeing how many different run variations Roman has for this year one would guess they would send up a normally dressed employee to observe and take notes. Said employee would probably know what to take notes on instead of a media member who is just passing general information onto the fans. On the surface this policy looks like a poke in the eye to the media and a blank stare at us foolish fans who live and die for this ****.

I agree with pretty much all of that....and don't care.

Not that I held high hopes for Barnes, but it's odd that they didn't address a key position earlier and are now one player less at the position and are rolling the dice on available players in June/July

It seems as if Dareus will be the primary guy at NT for now, but with them being in sub packages so often it might not be as big of a concern for them. Guess we'll see.

The National Media guys are chiming in to roast the Bills.

@JasonColeBR

#Bills come up with perhaps the single dumbest media policy I have ever seen. Seriously.

@RapSheet

@JoeBuscaglia is this tweet allowed??

@TyDunne

Jordan Mills is lining up with the Bills' first team at right tackle.

@JoeBuscaglia

Jarrett Boykin and Greg Little are both getting some run in lieu of Sammy Watkins' absence #Bills

Joe Buscaglia

Joe Buscaglia Verified account ‏@JoeBuscaglia

Cornerback Corey White caught a pass that was not intended for him during team drills. #Bills

Big Joe already trying to find a way around the rules!

lol

Edited by Spurna

@TyDunne

A QB just threw a pick-six on his first pass in 11 on 11. It wasn't Taylor or Jones.

Joe Buscaglia
Joe Buscaglia Verified account ‏@JoeBuscaglia

Cornerback Corey White caught a pass that was not intended for him during team drills. #Bills

Big Joe already trying to find a way around the rules!

A creative way to show just how absurd the policy is. The Bills need to put an end to this.

I agree with this, I honestly don't care. The local media will be up in arms about it for a couple days and then they'll move on. The Bears implemented the same policy last year and their local guys were pissed and wrote some articles.... and then moved on. They aren't harping on about it anymore. I think most teams want to move towards this.

If I had to guess, I think the Bills are possibly sick of the misinformation thats tweeted by some reporters. Just look at last years QB competition, Carrucci could not stop talking about how good Matt Cassel looked and that he was poised to be the starter. He was wrong. You had Rodak reporting reps taken daily and completion %, INTs and TDs by each QB.

I agree with this, I honestly don't care. The local media will be up in arms about it for a couple days and then they'll move on. The Bears implemented the same policy last year and their local guys were pissed and wrote some articles.... and then moved on. They aren't harping on about it anymore. I think most teams want to move towards this.

If I had to guess, I think the Bills are possibly sick of the misinformation thats tweeted by some reporters. Just look at last years QB competition, Carrucci could not stop talking about how good Matt Cassel looked and that he was poised to be the starter. He was wrong. You had Rodak reporting reps taken daily and completion %, INTs and TDs by each QB.

The Bills shouldn't give two craps about the level of scrutiny in training camp no matter how intense or trivial.

@thadbrown7

Cardale is having a rough start. Were this at Fisher the term "hospitality tent" may have come up. Rebounding a bit.

@TBNSports

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Social media has changed *everything* about how fans and the media cover the NFL. It's not surprising that some teams are trying to figure out how to control the message. I'm not defending the Bills at all, just saying I'm not surprised.