Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wise words. obviously you are experienced in journalism and understand the risks involved. pure and fresh adrenal glans in matchstick doses are enough to stop the heart. These forays should best be left to professionals

Free lunch. Final wisdom. Total coverage.

It really has to be tough being a player. Because of the fans. Business is business, and a known qty pretty much.

But fans. love you hate you love you. say horrible things and then praise you too much.

I could never deal with that life emotionally for any money .

Wiley's recent take is worth a look for perspective

I take it you aren't an employer?

To whom much is given much is expected.........and that doesn't matter if you are a privileged pro athlete or a business owner who gets to control their own destiny while much of society is funneled into jobs that limit their potential.

But you are right.......for better or worse.......the difference between large business owners/captains of industry and mom and pops is often just that ability to deal with whatever people think of you.

You have to learn that the people that pay you or you pay are not really your friends........and for players fans fall in that category.

Fans ARE the customer and they are always right. If you can't do better on the field then just shut up and cash the fat checks.

And people shouldn't assume that it's just haters that the players hate........the jock sniffers that bother them for autographs in public and engage them about their JOB on planes etc.....it's all the same.

To whom much is given much is expected.........and that doesn't matter if you are a privileged pro athlete or a business owner who gets to control their own destiny while much of society is funneled into jobs that limit their potential.

But you are right.......for better or worse.......the difference between large business owners/captains of industry and mom and pops is often just that ability to deal with whatever people think of you.

You have to learn that the people that pay you or you pay are not really your friends........and for players fans fall in that category.

Fans ARE the customer and they are always right. If you can't do better on the field then just shut up and cash the fat checks.

And people shouldn't assume that it's just haters that the players hate........the jock sniffers that bother them for autographs in public and engage them about their JOB on planes etc.....it's all the same.

Never really understood how professional athletes can carry twitter...facebook....etc etc

Because people have the ability to remain anonomous and say what they want....they can be pretty damn cruel

For instance...Sammy Watkins. There has to be some trusted person out there that can maintain his social media......

Sounds like you've been at some terrible companies.

This policy makes no sense and does not serve the interest of the fans.

:thumbsup:

its a joke.

Protecting players from criticism only enhances their fragility.

OTAs does not give other teams a competitive advantage. Bills are paranoid and come off as weak and controlling :bag:

@LRiddickESPN

Louis Riddick Retweeted Tyler Dunne

Keep wasting time crafting dumb policies that have nothing to do w/drafting good players & winning football games...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

@buffalobills

Buffalo Bills Retweeted Richie Incognito

Our Cookie Media Policy allows players to tweet accurate information on type and formation of cookies consumed. 1f609.png

:worthy::lol: Richie is the man

Can they at least tell us how many passes EJ threw into the hospitality tent, or is that off limits as well?

He did throw a pick 6, don't know how that got out

It really has to be tough being a player. Because of the fans. Business is business, and a known qty pretty much.

But fans. love you hate you love you. say horrible things and then praise you too much.

I could never deal with that life emotionally for any money .

Wiley's recent take is worth a look for perspective

I could, I've made a career of not caring what others think, almost got me fired but they got over it.

He did throw a pick 6, don't know how that got out

I could, I've made a career of not caring what others think, almost got me fired but they got over it

I wonder what career that is ?

I am pretty good at being a dick to people, because i can !

Why was the new media policy story collapsed into the overall story about OTAs? If it was done on purpose by the mods, I want to register my dissent. Personally, I can't stand monster threads that end up being about everything under the sun. The Bills' media policy idiocy deserves its own thread rather than being tacked onto a thread about Gilmore etc.

Edited by dave mcbride

it's LAUGHABLE that anyone thinks Scott Berchtold completely overhauled the teams media policy without consulting and getting approval from his superiors.

it's laughable to think that they can stop unnamed sources from reporting the things they are trying to prevent. local and national reporters will team up to get around this.

Why was the new media policy story collapsed into the overall story about OTAs? If it was done on purpose by the mods, I want to register my dissent. Personally, I can't stand monster threads that end up being about everything under the sun. The Bills' media policy idiocy deserves its own thread rather than being tacked onto a thread about Gilmore etc.

The media policy specifically impacts coverage of the OTAs and it was first posted in this thread. It might not suit your tastes, but it's perfectly germane to the subject.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Confluence of timing. 26 updated the thread title when the new policy was announced. Around the same time, a new thread on the media policy popped up, and comments about the media policy are in there too.

5-25: PRESTON BROWN JOINS WGR (9:55)

Rex: We’re loaded at safety
The Bills chose not to re-sign safety Bacarri Rambo in the offseason. They signed free agents Robert Blanton and Colt Anderson instead. While it’s unlikely that either of them unseat incumbent starters Aaron Williams and Corey Graham, those two additions plus the presence of Jonathan Meeks and Duke Williams on the roster gives head coach Rex Ryan confidence that they have quality depth on hand.

“Right now we’re a much deeper football team at safety then we are at corner and I think when you look at it, we are loaded at safety right now and all these guys are getting a great feel for what they’re doing, the communication part,” said Ryan. “I love having Aaron Williams out there and Corey Graham again so again, a lot of positives.”

Sounds like you've been at some terrible companies.

Because it's wrong to expect a lot of those who are financially/professionally favored by the systems in place?

When in that position it's important to remember that you can't make everyone happy.

I often point to the Art Modell example.........he spent much of his time that would have been better spent elsewhere keeping up a facade and overpaying players and staff members for years because he wanted them to like him and in the end he wound up with so much debt that he effectively HAD to sell or move his team and betray millions of fans.......the one group he actually owed loyalty to got the horns. Instead of being remembered as one of the great owners in sport the one time leader of NFL owners in the 1960's is now remembered mostly as a pariah to all but a few former employees.

Nowadays most people that work in companies with hundreds or thousands of employees don't interact daily with the actual owners of the business so perhaps you are misunderstanding but business is business and the NFL is not just a game.

@StillTalkinTV

Ch2's Benigni has strongest local TV take on Bills media policy but "PTI" has the best take http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2016/05/25/espns-kornheiser-wilbon-best-take-bills-laughable-new-media-policy/

@john_wawrow

@StillTalkinTV All 3 mandatory camps must be open. And minimum 30 minutes of regular season practice must be open to media. ...

@StillTalkinTV Closing entire practices to media is not an option.

@StillTalkinTV Too much to expect PTI talkers to know the rules, I guess. shrug.