Bills' 2016 Organized Team Activities - Week 3

Much ado about nuttin' IMO. You have to admit that many of the local yokel media types have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off the last few years. They created a carnival atmosphere of tweets to their twats each one trying to out-smart, be more clever, and push their smug reporting agendas all over the news. There are a few good, decent reporters, but even guys like Vic have soiled themselves in the pell-mell race to gain traction in the new digital social media. Its tarnished their reporting IMO. I know they've got jobs to do, but haven't we all asked out loud about several of these characters, "how in the hell do they have a job?" And that's mostly in reaction to their columns.

The media is taking umbrage at being told to keep their reporting in line. This is the first time in several years The Bills have updated their media policy. It's more in line with several other teams now.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest - I hate that the mods do this because I think it really weakens conversation. I started to go back and gave up in frustration because the thread had no focus except for the vague catchall-ness of "OTAs." It's one of my main frustrations with the site now, truth be told. That said, whatever.

Agree 100%. I can get more current info from scanning BBMB thread titles than I can in here, and that never used to be the case, not even close.

@TodaysPigskin

Prep yourself for the start of #Bills OTAs with your offseason training activity primer. https://t.co/D6G4nCQxai

The Buffalo Bills have finally reconvened as a full team for the first time this offseason. Rookies and veterans have assembled for the start of organized team activities (OTAs) in Orchard Park, N.Y. Fans have seen the first rumblings of the team they hope will finally return to the playoffs for the first time since 1999.

The start of OTAs is always an exciting time in the NFL offseason, because OTAs lay the foundation for summer training camp. As the Bills make their way through OTAs, a number of interesting story lines are worth following.

I wonder what career that is ?

I am pretty good at being a dick to people, because i can !

the king!

It's the principle of the thing.

Reporters not able to do their job. Free speech.

screw them, you are restricting your free speech, and you are not a "reporter" so none of this matters anyway. WE ALL REALLY ENJOY AND APRECIATE YOUR CAMP NOTES and hope you reconsider.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Until further notice, I will not do Astro-Notes at Bills Training Camp practices until the Bills change their policy.

The Bills putting a muzzle on Astro is going too far :thumbdown:

@WGR550

Bills remaining OTA schedule:

This week: Tue, Wed, Fri

Next week: Mon-Thur

---------------

Mandatory Vet minicamp: Tues 6/14 - Thur 6/16

Wow, lazy. Bills should fire their scheduling people. What a joke. Why are we so bad at OTAs. 0-16. Ugh.

I'd have to think if the Bills don't pony up and pay Gilmore a market contract it would run counter to just about everything they've done since Whaley became GM.

agreed

Does the press have the right to be on private property reporting on a privately owned business, or should we be grateful for the opportunity to have any reports at all. Especially considering that the Media rules don't seem to cover private citizens who are not being paid to be there?

I don't know, I'm asking.

Edited by JaxBills

@MatthewFairburn

Marcell Dareus is back at Bills OTAs today.

@TyDunne

DT Marcell Dareus is back. Wasn't at last week's open OTA.

Cj3w8zDXIAAgwhq.jpg
WR Greg Salas is still sidelined, working inside the fieldhouse. WR Marcus Easley, off his major knee surgery, was on the elliptical.
Jordan Mills continues to work with the first-team offense. And TE Charles Clay is back practicing.

Looks like there's just two QB's here this week, Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel. No Jones.

@SalSports

Walter Powell and Javier Arenas rotating as kick returners. #Bills

@TyDunne

Without Sammy Watkins for a while, this is a big summer for TE Charles Clay. Bills could get him involved more.

Cj3zadWW0AA6uu_.jpg
Cj3zaekXIAUtAWP.jpg

And Robert Woods is the No. 1 WR right now. Says he was finally able to open up and run in March post-surgery.

@MatthewFairburn

Adolphus Wasington, Karlos Williams, Mike Gillislee, Greg Salas, Kolby Listenbee, Zach Brown among those not practicing at Bills OTAs.

Marquise Goodwin, Sammy Watkins, Stephon Gilmore, Shaq Lawson, Kyle Williams not practicing either.

@TBNSports

Buffalo News Sports Retweeted Tyler Dunne

Several photos & videos along with updates from #Bills OTAs here. Players, Rex talk later: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/01/live-coverage-buffalo-bills-organized-team-activities-2/

@TyDunne

With Stephon Gilmore away, rookie Kevon Seymour continues to get the first-team reps at RCB.

Let the record show the first scrum was today. T Jordan Mills and LB Preston Brown just threw down.

@john_wawrow

Have I mentioned Chris Gragg has trouble making a catch over the middle while running full speed? #Bills.

@SalSports

Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins is still in a walking boot, but not using crutches.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@john_wawrow

TJ Barnes, converted from DL to OT, has a long way to go. Hughes zoomed past him. #Bills.

Forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but the book on EJ is he has a tendency to hesitate in the pocket. #Bills.

@viccarucci

Kyle Williams was part of pre-practice stretch at #Bills OTA, went inside & came back out in street clothes. Still rehabbing knee.

Significantly more pre-snap signaling chatter from #Bills' defense than was heard in practices last year.

@SalSports

Definitely more intense out here than a normal OTA. Already was, but picked up a little after the skirmish, too. #Bills

@TyDunne

A lot of reps for James Wilder Jr. with other running backs out. He's big (6-3, 232) and can move. Zipped past defenders on one screen play.

Back-2-back throws over the middle for Tyrod Taylor in 7 on 7. Hooks up w Charles Clay deep. A. Williams in tight cov. McCoy: "He's back!"

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor is having a great day so far. Attacking the middle of the field, and even pump faked a corner off his coverage. #Bills

Rob must still be hungry. :lol:

@viccarucci

Rob Ryan not present at #Bills' practice.QB Cardale Jones also missing, along w WR Kolby Listenbee, among others.