SI: Top Remaining FA's. Any of interest to Bills?

JPL7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord knows we need a WR -Boldin

Boldin would be my choice also. I wonder how much money he is expected too get. I read an article a few days ago saying he is going to be picky about where he signs. Safe to assume that he has some kind of interest from a few teams?

Boldin would be my choice also. I wonder how much money he is expected too get. I read an article a few days ago saying he is going to be picky about where he signs. Safe to assume that he has some kind of interest from a few teams?

I would think so. The Roman connection is there but who knows if that's good or bad for a WR. I'd think that a 1 year $4M deal would get it done. I've thought less would do it but maybe not if he's being picky.

I would think so. The Roman connection is there but who knows if that's good or bad for a WR. I'd think that a 1 year $4M deal would get it done. I've thought less would do it but maybe not if he's being picky.

I bet he has faith in Roman. Not sure how he feels about Rex.

I'd love to have Boldin on this team, though.

Dwight Freeney!

- We will obviously be without Shaq Lawson for the first month, and Hughes is the only other effective rusher on our roster. We desperately need another rusher, and I think Freeney can be our guy! He was the Cardinals leading passrusher as a situational guy and he didn't even play the whole season. We can probably pick him up fairly cheap on a one year deal and play a similar role like he did last year.

- So, brining in Freeney and playing him like what the Cardinals did with him last year makes a lot of sense to me. Hopefully the Bills see it the same way and make signing a rusher opposite Hughes a priority!

Edited by ROONDOGG55

Dwight Freeney!

- We will obviously be without Shaq Lawson for the first month, and Hughes is the only other effective rusher on our roster. We desperately need another rusher, and I think Freeney can be our guy! He was the Cardinals leading passrusher as a situational guy and he didn't even play the whole season. We can probably pick him up fairly cheap on a one year deal and play a similar role like he did last year.

- So, brining in Freeney and playing him like what the Cardinals did with him last year makes a lot of sense to me. Hopefully the Bills see it the same way and make signing a rusher opposite Hughes a priority!

Sorry, but you are forgetting: The Ryan defense is not premised on actually rushing or hitting the passer; it is a complex psychological operation against the opposing QB in which the goal is to confuse, annoy and distract. It is very high-level stuff that only the Ryan twins and Bart Scott truly grasp. It would probably take a 15-year vet like Freeney the better part of a season to absorb even the most basic concepts.

Dwight Freeney!

Old guys are tricky. They have to want to come here, the guys probably trying to skip a good portion of the offseason and sign somewhere.

Old guys are tricky. They have to want to come here, the guys probably trying to skip a good portion of the offseason and sign somewhere.

i was reading about freeney last week. I'm a huge fan of his by the way and while he wouldn't play a lot of snaps I think he can help this team or any team even at his age. Anyway, he said he doesn't want to skip TC (Last year he did). This could signal a lack of suitors and he's trying to make himself look more committed. He did say (of course) that he wants to go to a winning team. But, money talks IMO and who knows if any "winning teams" are looking to bring him in. Edited by YoloinOhio

Sorry, but you are forgetting: The Ryan defense is not premised on actually rushing or hitting the passer; it is a complex psychological operation against the opposing QB in which the goal is to confuse, annoy and distract. It is very high-level stuff that only the Ryan twins and Bart Scott truly grasp. It would probably take a 15-year vet like Freeney the better part of a season to absorb even the most basic concepts.

LOL! That's pretty funny.

yep. any FAs signed at this point no longer count toward 2017 comp pick calculation.

Thanks. I just found this on PFT: The date was May 12th.

147 Players...

Arizona Cardinals

LB Jason Babin
LB Dwight Freeney
LS Mike Leach (announced retirement)
CB Jerraud Powers
C Lyle Sendlein
OLB LaMarr Woodley

Atlanta Falcons

CB Phillip Adams
DE Kroy Biermann
K Shayne Graham
OT Jake Long
TE Tony Moeaki
LB O’Brien Schofield

Baltimore Ravens

DE Chris Canty
QB Jimmy Clausen
TE Allen Reisner

Buffalo Bills

DE Alex Carrington
WR Percy Harvin (announced retirement)
QB Josh Johnson

Carolina Panthers

WR Jerricho Cotchery
CB Cortland Finnegan
G Tyronne Green
S Roman Harper
G Amini Silatolu
CB Charles Tillman

Chicago Bears

CB Alan Ball
G Vladimir Ducasse
S Sherrod Martin
C Will Montgomery
S Ryan Mundy

Cincinnati Bengals

CB Leon Hall

Dallas Cowboys

FB Tyler Clutts
DE Greg Hardy
DT Nick Hayden
S Danny McCray
DE Jeremy Mincey

Denver Broncos

S Ryan Bush
OT Tyler Polumbus (announced retirement)
DE Antonio Smith
WR Kyle Williams

Detroit Lions

DT Jermelle Cudjo
S James Ihedigbo
DE Jason Jones
WR Lance Moore
TE Bear Pascoe
DE Darryl Tapp
CB Josh Wilson
DE Corey Wootton

Green Bay Packers

LS Brett Goode
WR James Jones
FB John Kuhn
LB Mike Neal
TE Andrew Quarless
NT B.J. Raji
S Sean Richardson

Houston Texans

RB Chris Polk
QB T.J. Yates

Indianapolis Colts

RB Ahmad Bradshaw
QB Matt Hasselbeck (announced retirement)
G Lance Louis
QB Charlie Whitehurst
DT Billy Winn

Jacksonville Jaguars

RB Bernard Pierce

Kansas City Chiefs

S Husain Abdullah (announced retirement)
WR Jason Avant
DE Mike Devito
LB Dezman Moses

Los Angeles Rams

WR Wes Welker

Miami Dolphins

S Louis Delmas
G Shelley Smith

Minnesota Vikings

LB Casey Matthews
LB Jason Trusnick

New England Patriots

CB Tarell Brown
WR Brandon Gibson
RB Steven Jackson
LB Jerod Mayo (announced retirement)
LB Dekoda Watson
C Ryan Wendell

New Orleans Saints

LB James Anderson
QB Matt Flynn
OT Tony Hills
RB Kendall Hunter
G Mike McGlynn
CB Christopher Owens
DT Kevin Williams

New York Giants

LS Danny Aiken
NT Barry Cofield
S Craig Dahl
TE Daniel Fells
CB Jayron Hosley
DE Cullen Jenkins
CB Trumaine McBride
S Brandon Meriweather
G Brandon Mosley
WR Hakeem Nicks
C Dallas Reynolds
DE George Selvie

New York Jets

DE Stephen Bowen
K Randy Bullock
G Willie Colon
DE Leger Douzable
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
S Jaiquawn Jarrett
LB Jamari Lattimore
WR Chris Owusu
LB Calvin Pace

Oakland Raiders

S Larry Asante
OT Khalif Barnes
LS Thomas Gafford
DE Justin Tuck (announced retirement)
S Charles Woodson (announced retirement)

Philadelphia Eagles

WR Seyi Ajirotutu
S Walter Thurmond (expected to retire)

Pittsburgh Steelers

S Will Allen
DE Clifton Geathers
C Doug Legursky
DE Cam Thomas
QB Michael Vick

San Diego Chargers

WR Malcom Floyd (announced retirement)
TE David Johnson
OT Jeff Linkenbach
LB Joe Mays
TE John Phillips
CB Cassius Vaughn
C J.D. Walton

San Francisco 49ers

WR Anquan Boldin
RB Reggie Bush

Seattle Seahawks

RB Bryce Brown
TE Chase Coffman
DE Demarcus Dobbs
RB Fred Jackson
QB Tarvaris Jackson
C Lemuel Jeanpierre
TE Anthony McCoy
FB Will Tukuafu

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DT Da’Quan Bowers
DE Larry English
CB Mike Jenkins
DT Tony McDaniel
DT Henry Melton

Tennessee Titans

TE Dorin Dickerson
CB Brandon Harris
NT Sammie Lee Hill
OT Jamon Meredith

Washington Redskins

TE Alex Smith
RB Pierre Thomas
CB Cary Williams
RB Darryl Young

LMAO!!!