Cordy's Glenn extended

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost exactly what I predicted

Tell him what he's won Johnny !

Just playing Bud.

I was trying to recall a Laugh In quote.

Give the man a .......

i could think pickle was the word. odd. some old fart here will know

Congrats to the Bills and Glenn. Love it. He has worked his tale off since college. Truly is a great day for Bills football. After watching Peters, Bell, and whoever else we had over there. This is great news. Solid LT for years to come.

Thank you for saying it simply.

Go Bills !

@JoshNorris

In honor of Cordy Glenn receiving 30 mil in the first 2 years of his new deal (@ArrozBlanco) http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/draftcaps20-vn4vq5d-148210085.htm

Chko4q5W0AAXAno.jpg

I love this! Clearly he is the best OL from the draft. It helps for people to remember these types of analysis when you say the Bills have drafted poorly in recent years.

Buddy and Doug have built a nice foundation through the draft. Some people like to cherry pick the misses, well they ALL miss, it is inexact to say the least. I want Doug Whaley as my GM.

I was trying to recall a Laugh In quote.

Give the man a .......

i could think pickle was the word. odd. some old fart here will know

!

Old fart checking in. Perhaps you are thinking of the old Vlasic pickle commercial? "Relax - have a pickle!"

Stars get signing bonuses! They all get cash up front.

His early cap hit isn't as high, it seems, meaning about 12m of that is signing bonus. Means he's here min of 3 years no matter how the guarantees are structured.

I was just talking about us being able to make any more moves this year my friend.

@JoshNorris

In honor of Cordy Glenn receiving 30 mil in the first 2 years of his new deal (@ArrozBlanco) http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/draftcaps20-vn4vq5d-148210085.htm

Chko4q5W0AAXAno.jpg

This is one that Nix got right :)

Aaaaand here's to hoping this year's #41 pick pans out to be top 5 at his position ;)

I love this! Clearly he is the best OL from the draft. It helps for people to remember these types of analysis when you say the Bills have drafted poorly in recent years.

Buddy and Doug have built a nice foundation through the draft. Some people like to cherry pick the misses, well they ALL miss, it is inexact to say the least. I want Doug Whaley as my GM.

Yep!

Great news. Outside of his year with the kidney removed, has played at a top level. This looks like a Very nice deal for both sides. LT's are so hard to find, we just locked up basically 9 years total between what he's done and what he will do on the blindside. In two years of the cap going up, it will seem like a good deal.

I love Cordy as a player. I remember one year he went the whole year with being credited with only 1 sack allowed against him. As much as I would love to see a Gilmore deal done, I don't see it now. I really am praying both can compromise and give him a good deal but in the middle. Tie up two lock down corners for a three years until Darby comes due.

Well said all around! Great point on potentially 9 years of great LT play (or at least above average)!!! Arguably a decade.

@spotrac

Cordy Glenn LT $ Rankings

$13M AAV: 2nd (T. Williams $13.6M)

$36M GTD: 2nd

$65M Total Value: 4th

Good info

So happy this got done. You guys think we manage to extend Gilmore before the season starts?

If there's cap room left they'll try to fit him in and leave TT for next year in case he takes a step forward in his development.

Edited by Fixxxer

@JoshNorris

Chko4q5W0AAXAno.jpg

Dont forget the Bills lied about him, so maybe this quote is from the Bills. Its such a bad opinion I am willing to guess its the Bills.

The Bills really went out of their way to disguise their want for Glenn. I will never forget Nix was on ESPN radio The Herd before the 2nd round. He was point blank asked who is the best player available, his answer was Jonathan Martin. As we all know, the Bills took Glenn right before Miami took Martin.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Dont forget the Bills lied about him, so maybe this quote is from the Bills. Its such a bad opinion I am willing to guess its the Bills.

The Bills really went out of their way to disguise their want for Glenn. I will never forget Nix was on ESPN radio The Herd before the 2nd round. He was point blank asked who is the best player available, his answer was Jonathan Martin. As we all know, the Bills took Glenn right before Miami took Martin.

It's the voice of one scout and he could have mistaken Glenn's low key personality with not caring about football.

Good teams keep their top players and reload and build via the draft.

We have now resigned Dareus, Hughes, Incognito, and now Glenn over the past two years, and I have no doubt we'll sign Tyrod if he performs. Hopefully Gilmore too.

This is a fantastic change from our best players leaving the Bills after their first contract.

Kudos to ownership and the front office. Huge improvement over the past that should be celebrated.

Nor any criticism allowed by others. The same old story...

Someone posts a criticism of the team and others respond by criticizing the poster. Very constructive.

Yes, the same people criticize no matter what move is made....The Bills could trade for Aaron Rodgers and the complaints would be......we overpaid......his cap number is too high.....he's not a fit for Roman's offense...the off-season is the only time I can be optimistic about this team because once the season starts we usually suck.....

Have to wait for his cap hit in 2016,

from Adam S.

"Cordy Glenn's deal: 5 years, $65M with $36M guaranteed. $19M in 2016 and $30M in first 2 years. Per source"

$19M would be $5.3M more then his $13.7M tag price.

Edited by ALF