WR RYAN SWITZER

NORTH CAROLINA

171: R5P27

CB MARQUEZ WHITE

FLORIDA STATE

195: R6P11

LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN

TENNESSEE

That draft would be amazing (despite adding a Maybin).

That was honestly my biggest hesitation! I really wanted to put Zane Gonzalez or CJ Beathard there instead just because of his name.

I will probably get crucified for saying this but I always kind of liked CJ Beathard as a long-term #2 QB. I have softened a little and Josh Dobbs is my late round QB target (even though he looks super weird).

I will probably get crucified for saying this but I always kind of liked CJ Beathard as a long-term #2 QB. I have softened a little and Josh Dobbs is my late round QB target (even though he looks super weird).

He's my late round QB prospect this year! Big fan of CJ and think his game would transition pretty well.

He's my late round QB prospect this year! Big fan of CJ and think his game would transition pretty well.

Beathard, to me, always felt like one of those guys that will be around forever. He is like a modern day McCown. There is some value in that role. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Tears of joy from this morning's attempt:

16: R1P16

LB HAASON REDDICK

TEMPLE

44: R2P12

S BUDDA BAKER

WASHINGTON

47: R2P15

OT CAM ROBINSON

ALABAMA

75: R3P11

WR CHRIS GODWIN

PENN STATE

99: R3P35

CB RASUL DOUGLAS

WEST VIRGINIA

156: R5P12

WR RYAN SWITZER

NORTH CAROLINA

CB MARQUEZ WHITE

FLORIDA STATE

LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN

TENNESSEE

i believe this means you are "a idiot" Hokie. Where's the quarterback ahhhhhhhhhh

Tears of joy from this morning's attempt:

16: R1P16

LB HAASON REDDICK

TEMPLE

S BUDDA BAKER

WASHINGTON

47: R2P15

OT CAM ROBINSON

ALABAMA

WR CHRIS GODWIN

PENN STATE

99: R3P35

CB RASUL DOUGLAS

WEST VIRGINIA

WR RYAN SWITZER

NORTH CAROLINA

CB MARQUEZ WHITE

FLORIDA STATE

LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN

TENNESSEE

This is the best one yet. Wow this would be a dream come true (despite the Maybin).

That's how I see Peterman but it doesn't look like he'll be drafted in the range that people will be happy with "just a backup" out of him.

This might sound backwards but I'd rather have a "McCown" than some guy with limited upside that I try to convince myself can be a franchise guy. Those guys end up washing out of the league as soon as everyone realizes they aren't a starter. Chase Daniel kicks around for over a decade.

@DraftDiamonds

Hearing the Buffalo Bills are working on the side with DE Trey Hendrickson of FAU

I am a fan.

He's playing QB for UCLA this year :thumbsup:

The Rosen One!!!

This might sound backwards but I'd rather have a "McCown" than some guy with limited upside that I try to convince myself can be a franchise guy. Those guys end up washing out of the league as soon as everyone realizes they aren't a starter. Chase Daniel kicks around for over a decade.

There is value in a steady backup. Over the summer, Cooper Rush and Sefo Liufau were my front-runners for that in this class. Kaaya/Peterman probably both end up somewhere on that spectrum too.

As long as you have/continue to look for the answer for the franchise guy, those types can be incredibly handy.

There is value in a steady backup. Over the summer, Cooper Rush and Sefo Liufau were my front-runners for that in this class. Kaaya/Peterman probably both end up somewhere on that spectrum too.

As long as you have/continue to look for the answer for the franchise guy, those types can be incredibly handy.

Agree 100%

There are anywhere from zero (2013) to 3 (2004) "franchise QBs" in a particular class. You need to have the right scouting, draft class and picks to secure one. I'm not a huge fan of this class but 1 or 2 of these guys will probably succeed. I like next year's class and think that it could be up to 3 there. I don't know which 3 but, imo, it is the right time to take a swing.

Kaaya ends up that Hoyer / Fitzpatrick type guy for me. Who alternates between starter and backup throughout his career. Occasionally having runs where he looks like a starter and then following it with runs where he plays poorly enough to become entrenched as a backup before getting another shot somewhere else and rinse and repeat.

Agree 100%

There are anywhere from zero (2013) to 3 (2004) "franchise QBs" in a particular class. You need to have the right scouting, draft class and picks to secure one. I'm not a huge fan of this class but 1 or 2 of these guys will probably succeed. I like next year's class and think that it could be up to 3 there. I don't know which 3 but, imo, it is the right time to take a swing.

I've made my thoughts pretty clear on Darnold thus far but I don't really see much in Rosen or Allen either at this point. Falk, Rudolph might stand a chance at progressing but I really don't see much in the way of a surefire thing, especially in the underclassmen group.

If I like a QB in this class, I'm pulling the trigger. Simply because I'm not waiting 12 months on a bunch of What If? types next year. Obviously, how we feel about the current and future classes shapes the perspective we have on that.

I've made my thoughts pretty clear on Darnold thus far but I don't really see much in Rosen or Allen either at this point. Falk, Rudolph might stand a chance at progressing but I really don't see much in the way of a surefire thing, especially in the underclassmen group.

If I like a QB in this class, I'm pulling the trigger. Simply because I'm not waiting 12 months on a bunch of What If? types next year. Obviously, how we feel about the current and future classes shapes the perspective we have on that.

You have probably said somewhere here, but I'm not up to reading through all the threads. Do you like a qb in this class?

im actually one of the few who thinks Lamar Jackson is the best of all of them at this stage. Edited by YoloinOhio

Wow...I hadn't heard about this:

Maine

Underrated defensive line prospect Pat Ricard put on a show for scouts at the Maine pro day.

He measured 6033 and 300 pounds, completed 33 reps on the bench and touched 33.5 inches in the vertical jump. He timed 5.00 in the 40 (including an amazing 10-yard split of 1.48s according to the APT report), 4.50s in the short shuttle and 7.50s in the three-cone.

10: R1P10

CB MARSHON LATTIMORE

OHIO STATE

S OBI MELIFONWU

CONNECTICUT

WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER

USC

WR MALACHI DUPRE

LSU

EDGE KEIONTA DAVIS

CHATTANOOGA

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT

UCLA

This is with hope that we pick up another LB somewhere. Other than not finding a QB I liked, when I liked, I would be extremely happy with this draft.

If a team is looking for a NT, there are two that have exceptional measurables:

Albany's Grover Stewart goes a cool 340 lbs, benches 30+ reps, and touched 26" in the vertical

Idaho's Glen Antoine is possibly an ever greater freak, as he pushed up 37 reps and touched 31" in the vertical...at 337 lbs!!!!

What do you guys think of this NFL.com latest Mock

10.Mike Williams

44.Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

75.Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee (Sidney Jones is taken 2 picks later)

156.Joe Mathis, OLB, Washington

171.Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796324/article/reuter-5round-mock-draft-surprise-qb-lands-in-round-1

10.Mike Williams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796324/article/reuter-5round-mock-draft-surprise-qb-lands-in-round-1

I like it assuming that Wilson is a safety for us. If not, then you take Jones with 75. You probably would either way, actually.

Wow...I hadn't heard about this:

Maine

Underrated defensive line prospect Pat Ricard put on a show for scouts at the Maine pro day.

He measured 6033 and 300 pounds, completed 33 reps on the bench and touched 33.5 inches in the vertical jump. He timed 5.00 in the 40 (including an amazing 10-yard split of 1.48s according to the APT report), 4.50s in the short shuttle and 7.50s in the three-cone.

If a team is looking for a NT, there are two that have exceptional measurables:

Albany's Grover Stewart goes a cool 340 lbs, benches 30+ reps, and touched 26" in the vertical

Idaho's Glen Antoine is possibly an ever greater freak, as he pushed up 37 reps and touched 31" in the vertical...at 337 lbs!!!!

I had none of them on my lists :doh:

Now I do! :thumbsup: (Gracias Bandito!)

Granted I havent seen or heard anything about them (not saying much), but aside from some freaky measurables, you got any thoughts on them? Others thoughts on them?

I had none of them on my lists :doh:

Now I do! :thumbsup: (Gracias Bandito!)

Granted I havent seen or heard anything about them (not saying much), but aside from some freaky measurables, you got any thoughts on them? Others thoughts on them?

I've seen some of Grover Stewart--he truly is a freak. He's country strong, especially his upper body. He's got a surprising amount interior of pass rush ability for such a big guy. No technique whatsoever though--he's got a ton of lower-body mechanical work to do, and his pad level is shoddy at best.

He's an easy fit as a situational pass rusher as a rookie, and if a solid DL coach (like a Jim Washburn) can get his hands on him, he could become a Damon Harrison-type NT.

The others I have to do more digging into, but I've heard really good things about Glen Antoine. He's a JuCo transfer who has the ideal build for a NT--short, squatty, serious bubble, and very solid athlete. I've seen very little of his tape though...only highlights.

No idea on Ricard...not on my radar in any way/shape/form.

10.Mike Williams

I thought it could be better...

10 - Williams is ok, but I go Malik Hooker all day long if he's there.

44 - Wilson is a realistic pick, but I would go Budda if not for taking Hooker in Rd1, give me Marlon Humphrey or McDowell there instead.

75 - Sutton does not fit unless its in the nickel? Bad pick IMO, Give me Kupp or Goodwin, Cooper Kupp is my preference by a hair.

156 - Mathis could be a steal, so Id be ok with it even though I dont think he really fits schematically, I think given the state of the LB core at the WILL, I would go Elijah Lee.

171 - Chad Kelly in Buffalo just seems like a bad Idea, I get it, but a bad idea. Jonnu Smith (TE) IMO would be a solid value there as a move TE.

I think this would be much better...

10 - Malik Hooker (FS)

44 - Marlon Humphrey (CB)

75 - Cooper Kupp (WR)

156 - Elijah Lee (WLB)

171 - Jonnu Smith (TE)

I've seen some of Grover Stewart--he truly is a freak. He's country strong, especially his upper body. He's got a surprising amount interior of pass rush ability for such a big guy. No technique whatsoever though--he's got a ton of lower-body mechanical work to do, and his pad level is shoddy at best.

He's an easy fit as a situational pass rusher as a rookie, and if a solid DL coach (like a Jim Washburn) can get his hands on him, he could become a Damon Harrison-type NT.

The others I have to do more digging into, but I've heard really good things about Glen Antoine. He's a JuCo transfer who has the ideal build for a NT--short, squatty, serious bubble, and very solid athlete. I've seen very little of his tape though...only highlights.

No idea on Ricard...not on my radar in any way/shape/form.

Interesting, Ill try to take a look when I get back next week if I have time. Thank you for the response I appreciate it!!

Blokes,

I asked about you about Malik McDowell before, appreciate the willingness to discuss him and have not been able to craft a response I liked since. So here it goes; I get the athleticism, explosiveness and potential with him, so with him I guess it boils down to this; sell me that when adversity strikes, I can count on him, he's not "lazy" and he'll take to coaching if its possible from what you know of him.

Thank you in advance,

P51

He ran a 4.37 today and his previous 2 seasons are 96-1,420-12 in 2016 and 64-1,012-11 in 2015. Small school always begs the competition question as evidenced by his lack of invitation to the Combine, but this guy also ran faster than all but 2 WRs who were invited to the Combine. Could be the burner to complement Holmes' possession-suited attributes. He's been consistently around in the 5th round for my mock draft simulations, but then again he just recently posted that 40 time.

Thoughts on Chad Williams, WR, Grambling?

http://whodatdish.com/2017/03/21/wide-receiver-chad-williams-brought-the-house-down-in-ruston/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700673-2017-nfl-draft-biggest-winners-losers-of-pro-day-workouts-so-far

Edit: and...

1: R1P10
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
2: R2P12
CB FABIAN MOREAU
UCLA
3: R3P11
S JUSTIN EVANS
TEXAS A&M
4: R5P12
WR CHAD WILLIAMS
GRAMBLING
5: R5P27
DE KEIONTA DAVIS
UT-CHATTANOOGA
6: R6P11
QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS
Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Thank you for the validation! :lol:

:lol:

Rosen has potential, wasn't the greatest last year, injuries didn't help either.

If Darnold plays like last yr let alone improve he will be the top pick, no doubt about it.

we need to make a trade with Cleveland or SF THIS yr for their NEXT yrs number one draft pick. This way we can get the top pick in the draft and if not use our two firsts to get the top pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.